First of all in an investigation a set of rules or guidelines must be set and stoned when dealing with a crime scene. According to a chapter on preliminary investigations, certain preliminary procedures must take place before entering a crime scene, these procedures are also know as the preliminary guidelines to any crime scene. The following crimes have similar or almost the exact same guidelines to follow: homicide, aggravated battery, robbery, sexual battery, suicide, arson, lewd and lascivious act, and business burglaries. Stated on the chapter in dealing with crime scenes, the preliminary investigation is "the activity that begins as soon as uniformed law enforcement personnel arrives at the scene of the incident." The first responder to arrive at the scene will: protect life, render aid, secure the scene and prevent anymore from getting in, and secure evidence. This first step is crucial the investigation because determining what needs to be done can often be the fault of the putting the perpetrator behind bars. For example if responding to a call that involves an individual i...
... middle of paper ...
...t interview the complainant, witnesses and prime suspects when necessary. Meaning that when conducting the investigation and interviewing the suspect the investigator must ask them their alibi, if they knew the victim, and other questions pertaining to case, in addition to interviewing the suspect the investigator may or may not be able to question the complainant or the person who is reporting the call. Finally the last step is to document and record all information told on reports. These documents are likely to be used in court are mandatory to write because any crime investigation has to have had reason to be investigated because of the reports written. These are the preliminary guidelines for most crimes scenes and each and every step much be followed. Not only do investigators have to follow these set of rules but they must propose a strategy that will help them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assemble a set of guidelines on conducting preliminary investigation for a criminal case. When there is a criminal case, are a set of guidelines a criminal investigator should follow when conducting a preliminary inquiry. These guidelines consist of arriving to a crime scene in a timely manner just in case the suspect may still be at or near the scene (Hess, K.M & Orthmann, C.H., 2013). They will need to take care of any injured person or people that may need emergency care. Check to see if there are any witness seen what had happen.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminal law, Assault]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- The Neurobiology of Anxiety Disorders: A Preliminary Investigation When I first began my research for this paper, I was primarily interested in learning more about the role of serotonin in the treatment of anxiety disorders. While I did discover that serotonin is important, especially when it comes to understanding the latest drugs being prescribed by doctors to combat anxiety symptoms, I also learned that researchers are pursuing a number of other "leads" in investigating the neurobiology of anxiety disorders.... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- What are the main things to remember in the preliminary investigation of a suspected arson. What is Arson. Arson is defined as the persistent burning of a building or someone’s property in a mischievous way. The fire department is usually the ones who receive the fire call to begin with. Then the fire personnel make out the reports and then send them over to the state fire marshal. Followed by the insurance companies being present in the investigation, and with their work they are parallel to the fire and police workers.... [tags: investigation, fire, burning, evidence]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- When conducting an investigation for a criminal case there are many guidelines you would need to follow. A preliminary investigation is an inquiry or proceeding to determine whether there is sufficient ground to endanger a well-founded belief that a crime has been committed. Preliminary investigation is to be conducted before the filing of a complaint or information for an offense where the penalty said by the law is at least 4 years, 2 months and 1 day without mentioning the fine. When investigating a preliminary case officers should approach crime scene and protect, initiate preliminary survey, attend to injured parties first, evaluate physical evidence, prepare narrative description, de... [tags: Police, Crime, Criminal law, Crimes]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- To begin with lets start off with what an investigation is, an investigation is “An investigation is the process of planning and conducting appropriate lines of inquiry to obtain the evidence required to objectively determine the factual basis of allegations.” According to the United Nations Development Programme Office of Audit and Investigations. And a Preliminary investigation is limited scope inquiry undertaken to verify whether an allegation merits a full investigation. As a first responder on a scene he will conduct a preliminary investigation that will in the end help solve the crime.... [tags: Police, Crime, Criminal law, Criminal justice]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Geological investigation is the first step towards the completion of a building and is considered as the most important step as it identifies the feasibility of an area for construction and determines how the foundations and preventive measurements to be set up for the building. According to Sadhi (2012), one-third of the construction projects are delayed and half of over-tender cost on road projects are due to inadequate geological investigation or poor interpretation of the data. According to Ferrer Geological Consulting (n.d.), geological investigation is mandatory to ensure an adequate design of maximum safety concern and optimum economy benefit to be made and saving on the geological in... [tags: Geology, Investigations]
958 words (2.7 pages)
Investigation to find out if changes in concentration of acid affect the rate of a chemical reaction
- Investigation to find out if changes in concentration of acid affect the rate of a chemical reaction PLANNING – Title – Investigation to find out if changes in concentration of acid affect the rate of a chemical reaction. Introduction – The rate of reaction can be defined as the speed at which a reaction takes place. The rate of reaction tells us how quickly a chemical reaction has happened. There are many things that can affect the rate of reaction, (some of these are shown in figure 1 below.) In this coursework I am going to investigate what effect the change in acid concentration has on a chemical reaction.... [tags: GCSE Chemistry Coursework Investigation]
2613 words (7.5 pages)
Investigation to Find the Relative Energy Release of Five Alcohols: Ethanol, Methanol, Propanol, Butanol and Propanol
- Investigation to Find the Relative Energy Release of Five Alcohols: Ethanol, Methanol, Propanol, Butanol and Propanol Aim: In this experiment I will investigate to see which alcohol releases the most energy during combustion; Methanol, Ethanol, Propanol, Butanol or Pentanol. Hypothesis: I think that the alcohols with the longest carbon chains will release the most energy. This is because when a bond is broken energy is released. This means that the alcohols with longer chains and therefore more bonds will release more energy.... [tags: GCSE Chemistry Coursework Investigation]
2238 words (6.4 pages)
- Investigation looking At the Speed of Reactions Introduction The aim of this experiment is to find out how a variable can affect the results from a scenario set up in scientific environment. The experiment is to see how a certain variable will affect the amount of Gas produced from a Calcium Carbonate and Hydrochloric Acid Reaction. The Science Calcium Carbonate is a generally white or colourless mineral that is translucent. When compressed or exposed to great heat the mineral binds together in small to large clumps forming calcium Carbonate Chips, however left in it's formed state it is powder, a chalk like substance.... [tags: GCSE Chemistry Coursework Investigation]
2271 words (6.5 pages)
- Reaction Rate Investigation Planning I am trying to work out the rate of reaction between marble chips (calcium carbonate) and Hydrochloric acid. This will be my plan of how to carry out my investigation. There are many factors, which I could change in this experiment. These are 1) Concentration. An increase in concentration means there are more particles. More particles means there will be more collisions. 2) Surface Area. Breaking the solid into smaller pieces will increase the surface area exposed to the other reactant.... [tags: GCSE Chemistry Coursework Investigation]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Behavior Is Learned From Your Environment
- Confucius : A Major Role During The Time Of The Zhou Dynasty
- The Political Mind By George Lakoff
- The Effects Of Biological Factors On Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Free Market Ethics Or Social Responsibility
- Distinguishing Between Chemical And Physical Changes