Curry comes home after every game to two adorable daughters and his beautiful loving caring wife. His family is very supporting of his career and charity work. His hard work in basketball and charity work started in middle school. Curry has always been downgraded his whole life, especially when it comes to the game of basketball (Riley 222). In middle school Curry was not the largest player on the team, but the smallest one height wise. When in the last season of his high school career he failed to get a scholarship from the NBA, even for a walk on spot (Riley 222). Curry’s father had connections at the time to the NBA and was expecting an offer, but they all bailed out at the last minute on him. When Curry started college at Davidson University little did they know that little Curry would carry the whole team all the way the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight (Riley 222). Curry said, “I’m them. I can’t jump the highest. I’m obviously not the biggest, not the strongest. And so they see me out there and I look like a normal person” (Riley 222). After college he was drafted into the NBA for the Golden State Warriors. The NBA thought he would only receive a few minutes off the bench for each game. A year after he was drafted into the NBA Curry and his w...
... middle of paper ...
...e House, “So that’s why we need Presidents, members of Congress, Admirals, basketball stars, faith leaders, scientists and doctors, Ministers of Health, and communities to fight the complacency, to raise awareness, to hang up nets and spray wall with insecticide, and todo the research to find better treatment, better diagnostics, and better insecticide to beat back this wily ancient parasite and mosquito (“Putting an End”).
Curry tries his best at everything he can to do to grow as a person. Being the best is not just a personal thing. Curry would like to be an inspiration to others and to the youth that you can active anything as long as you set your mind to it. Altogether Curry is a family man who uses basketball as a way to help his family and to be a leader. You don 't have to a NBA star to make a difference in this world, just be the best person you can be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Five Ways to Kill a Man This poem is divided into 5 different stanzas, all of which involve different ways to die. The poem is written rather coldly and treats death as an every day issue, whilst the rest of us try not to think of such things. It is very dispassionate about life. The final stanza is also a political comment, as if to challenge our thought processes toward our every day life. The first paragraph start with a line that hooks into your brain, “There are many cumbersome ways to kill a man.” This is not a sentence you hear every day to say the least and because of that my subconscious automatically tries to picture someone saying those words.... [tags: Five Ways to Kill a Man Poems Poetry Essays]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- Personality Personality is what makes a boy, girl, man or women unique. Everyone in the world has different personalities whether it be positive or negative. Some individuals are not too fond of other people, so maybe they won’t have the best personality. This term comes derives from the Latin “persona” meaning mask. This relates back to centuries ago in ancient Greece when actors portrayed personalities of their role, they wore masks (wordpress 1). Personality is a fusion of feelings, thoughts, social interactions and behavior patterns that occur over time and situations.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Trait theory]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Thought Paper: Personality Disorders as it relates to Impulsivity and Brain Activation Personality disorders have always interest me, borderline personality to be exact. Growing up I possessed limited knowledge about the things personality disorders entailed. For several years my stepmother did not reveal her diagnosis of the disorder. She was extremely emotional with inappropriate hostile reactions, as well as impulsive with abonnement issues. She wanted people to need and love her, however her actions showed otherwise.... [tags: Borderline personality disorder, Bipolar disorder]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PAPER Personality is a subfield of psychology. Personality generally refer the total behavior of the person, where in layman’s custom it typically relates to the socially or external oriented facets of behavior and to the way other people is affected, Cervone, D. & Pervin, L.A. (2013). It has been stated that people say to other people that their personality is good or may have said they have an unacceptable personality and to ovoid them. Several people view individual personality and summaries, guides, and keeps them uncheck.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Psychology]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- In project one of MBAL 500, research has been conducted and tests have been taken to determine personality types. Personality not only describes someone but also describes their business manners and team work efforts. In this paper, I share the results of my Meyers-Brigg personality test and how the results relate to my everyday life. Through completing this assignment, I have learned about many different personality types, their traits and how to work within the perimeters to maintain a health and effective work environment.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Antisocial Personality Disorder is primarily characterized a lack of remorse or guilt while disregarding the rights of others. People diagnosed with this disorder are impulsive, callous and malicious. They notoriously blame others for their problems, and typically find it difficult to maintain healthy relationships. It is one of the more common personality disorders. Men are 5 times more likely than women to be diagnosed with this disorder (Cloninger, Bayon & Przybeck, 1997; B.F. Grant et al., 2004).... [tags: Antisocial personality disorder]
702 words (2 pages)
- Personally I have never had nor met anyone who has a personality disorder( that I know of ) but based on what I know about them, I take pity on those who have to suffer. Even if some people don 't know what a personality disorder is, they can pretty much guess just based on its name, a disorder that affects your personality. One thing not everyone knows is that there are different types of personality disorders such as borderline, obsessive, histrionic and many many more. The two that will be discussed are Avoidant Personality Disorder, and Narcissistic Personality disorder.... [tags: Antisocial personality disorder]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- There are many different personality disorders. Every personality disorder is marked by their own specific symptoms. These symptoms have been active in the individual for a long period of time. These symptoms cause distress to the individuals’ interpersonal relationships, and their functioning in society. Borderline personality disorder is a disorder in which individuals suffer turmoil in inter-personal relationships. This particular personality disorder has a specific list of symptoms that separate it from other personality disorders.... [tags: Borderline personality disorder]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- This research looks at the different types of personalities. I believe having knowledge of what personality type that I have is very important to be successful in life, whether it be for professional or personal reasons. Understanding my personality type and the strengths and weaknesses that come along with it will help me understand who I am at a much more personal level. Throughout the research I am required to take personality tests that will grade what type of personality that I am. Once these exams have been completed we are to go much further in research of the personality type that we have been graded at.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- Personality is a part of every person that becomes inherent to who they are. It drives people to think, behave, and interact with others in particular ways (Miller, Lynam & Leukefeld, 2003), and these thoughts, actions, and relationships with others are perceived as being normal or right, from their point of view. Their behavior is just their way of life, it is who they are. However, for some, these behaviors become distressing, or impairing in some way, and this is when problems arise. Personality disorders, according to Lillienfeld and Piotrowski (2014), are disorders in which a person’s actions, such as in communicating with others, showing emotion, or forming relationships become detrime... [tags: Antisocial personality disorder]
1115 words (3.2 pages)