... middle of paper ...
... I chose a poem called “this is bullshit” by g. As the title suggests, college can at times be complete bullshit. So what do you do when college is a drag and has you stressed out? This is why I chose the blog article “How to Cope with Stress” by Leigha Knepper. This blog also gives a list of tips. It talks about getting exercise, staying organized, being prepared, and always having a positive mindset and never giving up. I wanted to end my collection on a positive and happy note, because graduation is supposed to be exciting. This is why I chose the poem “There Are Many Things” by wishafriend.com. College graduation praises us for surviving four years of school filled with ups and downs. It signifies our entrance into the real world as true adults. College sets us up for a great future, so keep these tips in mind and remember to keep your head held high!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most of us would agree that college is one of the most exciting, yet most challenging times of our lives. It is typically our first time living away from home for an extended period of time. When I went away to college, I was eager to embrace the next chapter of my life because it was something life-changing that I had yet to experience. However, entering college was also scary for me because nobody handed me a “how to survive college” guidebook. I feel that everyone should be given a book full of tips and tricks that outline the ups and downs that lie ahead throughout our college experience, so that we can maximize our time in school and reach our full potential.... [tags: High school, Family, College, School]
2376 words (6.8 pages)
- For many years, college has been described to be the most important and most impactful decision of one’s life. For some, college is a helping tool in their career path that would set them up for success. For others, college is a dreadful nightmare that they do not wish to remember again. One of the biggest reasons that students stress and don’t finish their education is because of college debt. It has been said that “as prices soar, a college degree statistically remains a good lifetime investment, but it often comes with an unprecedented financial burden.”(Martin and Lehren 4).... [tags: College, Higher education, Associate's degree]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Aint nobody got time for that College students these days have a lot going. Between classes, athletic teams, clubs, and social events they can never find enough hours in the day to be able to complete all tasks for the day. This causes extra-long nights, stress, and in some cases may overwhelm a student so much that they feel they need to drop out. That is why the most important thing for a college student to do is to learn and practice time management skills. In order to accomplish the maximum amount of work without overloading themselves college students should practice time management skills by planning out all their daily activities, prioritize their work, and plan time for fun and rela... [tags: Management, Planning, Time management, University]
1046 words (3 pages)
- It's no secret that choosing the right college major will be an important decision students make during their academic lives. And with tough economic times and enormous amounts of debt to deal with, students have never been more worried about which major to choose, and it seems like college-related pressure has never been greater. Though economic realities can be discouraging, student decisions regarding which major to choose usually should not be affected by economic conditions. What students will need to consider is what they are interested in, what field of study they would succeed in, and their debt situation.... [tags: stem, professonal, gradation]
706 words (2 pages)
- What is the most important thing you have learned in college. University, to me, is a totally different concept from high school, where teachers, expert in their specific field, would introduce you to the beauty of it. Yet, after my two-and-half-year college life, I gradually come to realize that although professors at college are good at teaching, the most important thing I have learned is to learn by oneself. You may probably say that it sounds a little self-contradictory. In fact, it is. But, as for me, it is also the truth.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Every State and territory of the United States of America have schools. Education is offered to everyone in America and it is important in everyone’s life. Public schools offer education to all students regardless of race, gender, or status in the community. Preparing students to continue their education to obtain a high paying job and educate students to be responsible are the most important purpose of school in the contemporary American society. Preparing students to continue their education is one of the main purposes of schools.... [tags: High school, Education, College]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- A teacher’s most important duty is to protect the students they are in charge of. This duty includes both reasonably protecting students from harm and, when a student is harmed, reporting it to the proper authorities (Gooden, Eckes, Mead, McNeal, & Torres, 2013, pp. 103-109). There have been many court cases that reiterate this duty of school staff. One such case is Frugis v. Bracigliano (2003) where many staff at a school failed in their duty to protect students and allowed abuse to continue for years.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Teacher, College]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- College is Important 1 It is said that most people perceive post-secondary education to not be important as it actually is. College graduates have the advantage of being able to have a better chance of having a quality life (study.com). A girl named Savita Doke from Mumbai, India got her Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science by working hard. Despite the fact that Doke was extremely poor she still worked every night at her job in order to pay for her schooling. After she graduated from college she was able to get a well-paying job to support her family financially.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
1037 words (3 pages)
- There are multiple reasons why a person would go to college, but obtaining a degree is a common goal for most. A degree, students believe, would secure their futures and push them more towards their desired career, but does this imply that they value the degree over the learning process they go through to obtain it. According to Cathy Small in her essay, “My Year as a Freshman: Connections to the Path Ahead,” students are eager to learn in college, but continue to credit their experiences outside school in teaching what is most important.... [tags: University, Education, High school, College]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- College is an important step in a young adult 's life. Going to college benefits you In the long run and ends up saving you money. Most seniors in high school plan on going to college and have their choices made by the end of junior year. College is important because it can make your odds better for succeeding. The purpose of college is to get a higher education. College also gives you specialized education you may need for certain jobs. During college you learn how to be self sufficient and independent.... [tags: Higher education, High school, Education, College]
1016 words (2.9 pages)