One reason we need to change iPads to Windows tablets is the price. Jason Cheney a computer support technician, said " the IPads we bought were $350"(Dec 16). Windows tablets on the other hand is only $69.99 for students(Gale, Dec 14). That includes chargers and cases(Gale, Dec14). On top of that, iPads can not even do a lot of things that Windows Tablets can do. Just think about the money we could save. We could use that money for more field trips that could also teach us stuff. We could also give the teachers better supplies for school so that the students can learn more. Some people might say that since we already have iPads why change to Windows Tablets. Well to those people I would say that the school would sell the iPads make some money and get us Windows Tablets.
A claim we have to change from iPads to Windows tablets is for the USB ports, kids could easily carr...
... middle of paper ...
...e a family account so their family (like little brothers and sisters) will not mess with their schoolwork. having several accounts is easy all you need is a Microsoft account and you can access your hotmail said Doug Drinkwater the International Editor of Tabtimes (Drinkwater). The students would like it, why not.
Those are the reasons we have to change iPads to windows tablets. The they are cheaper they have USB ports, and windows tablets have more accounts than one. We know that windows tablets will enhance our learning abilities. Also that will help the students stay on the task at the moment. We need to stop buying goats and and get the horses. Windows Tablets will make our education better and work easier and will eliminate stress for students and teachers guaranteed! So get rid of the iPads and buy Windows 8.1 Surface Pro Tablets!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- THE IMPACT OF MOBILE COMPUTING Our society is rapidly grown so fast, and with it the technology. Now we have the ability to Communicate with families and friends, search the World Wide Web or as people call it the internet, the convenience of shopping online, and search for a vast amount of information in so many ways with the help of all this new devices in that is on the market. All that Can be done without having to be sitting in front of a computer. Sound pretty neat. But not impossible since we have what is called Mobile Computing.... [tags: technology, ipads, devices]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Tablets and iPads are being used in elementary schools to advance the technology in classrooms. Some say that these devices are being used in classrooms because elementary students in this generation are already using these devices at home for learning. Schools all over the United States have begun to carry out million dollar plans to supply their students with Microsoft, Apple, and Samsung electronic “notebooks”. Many schools have hopped on the bandwagon and decided to incorporate iPads and Tablets into their curriculum.... [tags: Technology Advancements, Schools, Education]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- For instance, groups from the Notre Dame University, used iPads to collaborate and save files. After the seven week study some of the college students had used the tablets for textbooks and other uses that were not expected. Notre Dame University worked on projects using iPads to brainstorm and saved the results on an outline storage app called Dropbox. The group members can simply view the files without emailing (Woyke 1). The study’s original idea was to use the iPads as e-readers instead of regular textbooks (Wokye 1).... [tags: ipads, e-books, tablets, digital readers]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- ... The pressure of home works and assignments are increased with the burden of heavy books. These heavy backpacks, in turn, causes back pain, shoulder pain etc... which can cause permanent damages and pain in the human body. I even used to have two copies of some textbooks, one to be kept at home and one to keep at school, some of these textbooks were very expensive and this was pretty much a waste of money. It was always important for us to have lightweight books which can be accessed anywhere.... [tags: Technology, Education, College, Writing]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Make the switch to Windows 10, or stick with windows 8. That shall be the big question, nonetheless, before making a decision, make sure to read up on each to see which one would be a better fit. Let us talk about some of the reasons why Windows 10 works best for me. Similar to other Windows versions, it gives the upgrade free with many new features. However, it loses a few features like the original start screen, and start screen. Choosing to switch, or not is not really a big decision to make.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista, Microsoft]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Windows 10 is an upcoming operating system from Microsoft. After windows 8 nightmare, Microsoft had to come up with a really good product which would secure the Microsoft operating system future. Microsoft, unveiled the net version of its operating system, Windows 10. I have watched the product presentation and its technical specs which I am going to discuss here. Each iteration of windows brings a lot of changes. Obviously, Windows 10 is no exception. What should we expect from the next OS from Microsoft.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista, Microsoft]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Paper has officially been replaced with iPads. Just kidding, but there are over 1.5 million iPads that are being used in classrooms by students on a daily bases rather than using printed textbooks as main learning resources (Graduating With Technology). With recent advancements in technology, many school districts have turned the focus off traditional learning methods of using textbooks, and are now focusing on integrating the use of tablets and computers as the main means of learning for students.... [tags: textbooks, ipads, education, technology]
2603 words (7.4 pages)
- Budget: Microsoft has spent about 1.8 million dollars for promoting Windows 8. The estimated budget to solve the issues by migrating it to cloud and implementing other techniques would cost including both technical and non technical resources. When Windows 8 and surface was launched initially, Microsoft gave a high promoting; however, the organization has spent more for Windows 8.1. According to Winsupersite reports, around $241 million on retail Windows was spent by Microsoft. So, at present it is planning to spend around $405 million.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduction Micro Widgets, Incorporated is the world leader in widgets for every aspect of industry. To support the organization, the IT department supports fifty Microsoft Windows 2008 Servers that are used for web services, file and print services, domain name system services (DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol services (DHCP), and domain controllers. At the request of department manager David L. Roth, this document serves to propose an upgrade to the environment that takes advantage of the benefits of upgrading the servers to Microsoft Windows Server 2012.... [tags: Windows Deployment Services]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Windows Networking How does DDNS replace WINS in Windows 2000 and later. DDNS replaces WINS by allowing DNS clients to update information in the DNS database files. IP Addresses and DNS records stay in synch so that you can use DNS and DHCP together seamlessly. WINS listens to NBT broadcasts and can not update IP Address information if the DHCP lease expires since the NBT broadcasts registers the machines IP Address with the WINS Server at boot up. NetBIOS is not routable which further complicates things.... [tags: Technology Networking Windows Report]
1897 words (5.4 pages)