One reason we need to change iPads to Windows tablets is the price. Jason Cheney a computer support technician, said " the IPads we bought were $350"(Dec 16). Windows tablets on the other hand is only $69.99 for students(Gale, Dec 14). That includes chargers and cases(Gale, Dec14). On top of that, iPads can not even do a lot of things that Windows Tablets can do. Just think about the money we could save. We could use that money for more field trips that could also teach us stuff. We could also give the teachers better supplies for school so that the students can learn more. Some people might say that since we already have iPads why change to Windows Tablets. Well to those people I would say that the school would sell the iPads make some money and get us Windows Tablets.
A claim we have to change from iPads to Windows tablets is for the USB ports, kids could easily carr...
... middle of paper ...
...e a family account so their family (like little brothers and sisters) will not mess with their schoolwork. having several accounts is easy all you need is a Microsoft account and you can access your hotmail said Doug Drinkwater the International Editor of Tabtimes (Drinkwater). The students would like it, why not.
Those are the reasons we have to change iPads to windows tablets. The they are cheaper they have USB ports, and windows tablets have more accounts than one. We know that windows tablets will enhance our learning abilities. Also that will help the students stay on the task at the moment. We need to stop buying goats and and get the horses. Windows Tablets will make our education better and work easier and will eliminate stress for students and teachers guaranteed! So get rid of the iPads and buy Windows 8.1 Surface Pro Tablets!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- THE IMPACT OF MOBILE COMPUTING Our society is rapidly grown so fast, and with it the technology. Now we have the ability to Communicate with families and friends, search the World Wide Web or as people call it the internet, the convenience of shopping online, and search for a vast amount of information in so many ways with the help of all this new devices in that is on the market. All that Can be done without having to be sitting in front of a computer. Sound pretty neat. But not impossible since we have what is called Mobile Computing.... [tags: technology, ipads, devices]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Tablets and iPads are being used in elementary schools to advance the technology in classrooms. Some say that these devices are being used in classrooms because elementary students in this generation are already using these devices at home for learning. Schools all over the United States have begun to carry out million dollar plans to supply their students with Microsoft, Apple, and Samsung electronic “notebooks”. Many schools have hopped on the bandwagon and decided to incorporate iPads and Tablets into their curriculum.... [tags: Technology Advancements, Schools, Education]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- For instance, groups from the Notre Dame University, used iPads to collaborate and save files. After the seven week study some of the college students had used the tablets for textbooks and other uses that were not expected. Notre Dame University worked on projects using iPads to brainstorm and saved the results on an outline storage app called Dropbox. The group members can simply view the files without emailing (Woyke 1). The study’s original idea was to use the iPads as e-readers instead of regular textbooks (Wokye 1).... [tags: ipads, e-books, tablets, digital readers]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- Paper has officially been replaced with iPads. Just kidding, but there are over 1.5 million iPads that are being used in classrooms by students on a daily bases rather than using printed textbooks as main learning resources (Graduating With Technology). With recent advancements in technology, many school districts have turned the focus off traditional learning methods of using textbooks, and are now focusing on integrating the use of tablets and computers as the main means of learning for students.... [tags: textbooks, ipads, education, technology]
2603 words (7.4 pages)
- Introduction Micro Widgets, Incorporated is the world leader in widgets for every aspect of industry. To support the organization, the IT department supports fifty Microsoft Windows 2008 Servers that are used for web services, file and print services, domain name system services (DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol services (DHCP), and domain controllers. At the request of department manager David L. Roth, this document serves to propose an upgrade to the environment that takes advantage of the benefits of upgrading the servers to Microsoft Windows Server 2012.... [tags: Windows Deployment Services]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Objective 1 was to start Windows XP. I've managed that, after some difficulty, which I attribute to using a Citrix product. We deal with Citrix in the Air Force, and I've never had good luck with their programs. Nevertheless, I now have XP running slowly on my computer that is already busy running Vista slowly. I also have a Java update available... interesting... First, we boot up, then we learn the joys of moving the mouse. Next, on to Objective 2. In this three-step process, we learn to start and close a program.... [tags: Windows XP, ]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Is the education of the future generations at stake, or will it become more effective with the use of tablets in school. The country’s classrooms are unquestionably going through a technological uprising. Samsung and Apple are watching the sales of these devices increase immensely. There are several theories as to why the tablet would be a negative impact on the children in school. However, experts believe that the tablet is taking over America’s schools and don’t have such horrible impacts on students like society seems to accept as true.... [tags: technology, cost, textbooks]
2934 words (8.4 pages)
- Tablets are one of the leading causes for improved learning in the world. They are a cutting edge piece of technology overpowering books and other physical materials. Learning time is cut in half; they are safe, lightweight, customizable, and extremely interactive. Regardless of the ease of use and simple functionality of textbooks, tablets should replace all books in a primary and secondary classroom setting. Textbooks are a thing of the past and will wash away with the morning tide. Before the tablets of today were introduced, many prototypes and failures were tried.... [tags: using technology as a tool in teaching]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- Windows Networking How does DDNS replace WINS in Windows 2000 and later. DDNS replaces WINS by allowing DNS clients to update information in the DNS database files. IP Addresses and DNS records stay in synch so that you can use DNS and DHCP together seamlessly. WINS listens to NBT broadcasts and can not update IP Address information if the DHCP lease expires since the NBT broadcasts registers the machines IP Address with the WINS Server at boot up. NetBIOS is not routable which further complicates things.... [tags: Technology Networking Windows Report]
1897 words (5.4 pages)
- Backing up Active Directory in Windows 2000 Generally speaking, the backup of mission critical data is the most important part of any IT engineer’s job. While recovering the missing data is important, additional consideration needs to be given to getting the network framework back up and running quickly so that employees can get back to work, saving the company the added cost of lost man-hours. We also need to ensure that the network structure that gets restored is one that the employees are use to using.... [tags: Computer programming Windows Directory]
1937 words (5.5 pages)