I wake up and walk up in the dark standing rubbing my feet on the carpet I walk up to rufus where he lay curled up in a ball. He looks fine but what he doesn 't know is it last day tomorrow. I don 't want it to be i lay thinking about the moment for months the doctor says it 's all they can do and it 's the best thing to do. I know it is but I still wanted him to see his last birthday before he goes.
The next morning my eyes are red and irritated from the lack of sleep. I go downstairs where my mom has a large smile but her green eyes wet and red like she was crying. Her black and grey streaked hair tied into a messy ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Name brand recognition is a powerful thing and becomes even more powerful when your name brand starts being used as a verb to describe that item. For instance Kleenex is a brand of tissue and Band-Aid is a brand of bandage, but when you need one of those items you rarely hear someone ask for a tissue or a bandage. You hear people say, “Pass me a Kleenex,” or “I need a Band-Aid”. Uber, despite being a relatively new player in the car service game, has already established that type of name brand recognition.... [tags: Brand, Brand management]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Most businesses have huge amount of data but don’t know entirely how to use it. They collect all the information about customers and transactions, then they look it up in a big data base but they don’t employ people to analyse it effectively. The best thing a business can do is to employ a statistician or machine learner or people who are trained in data science to uncover the gems that are hidden in the data (O’Connell, 2013). For e.g.: a retail company might have data collected on what goods people buy in the store and so they can analyse and see what combination of goods are most often bought together and then design the store layout to create a better customer experience.... [tags: Statistics, Regression analysis, Data mining]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- There are many obstacles in life and education is one of them. Going to school for seven hours a day is already considered a hardship for a few of us as it takes a significant portion out of the day. After school even more time will be invested on homeworks and study time for each class. People think that school is the best thing a teenager could have, but according to Lawrence there are many flaws. Lawrence was just like any other kids going through high school. His first three years of high school went pretty well.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
706 words (2 pages)
- I lay awake remembering the first time I got Rufus he was only 6 months and my parents surprised me for my birthday when I was 5. I asked them and pleaded for a dog. My parents finally gave in. My parents got him from the shelter he was rescue dog that got abused by its owner. He didn 't have a tail but he was a gorgeous dog with a fleece white as snow. Though he had a kidney disease he was a ball of energy when i got him i never thought something alive can go so fast. I wake up and walk up in the dark standing rubbing my feet on the carpet I walk up to rufus where he lay curled up in a ball.... [tags: English-language films, Father, Mother]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- All the adversity I 've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you (Disney, 1957). This ideal, coupled with Tom Brokaw’s challenge of, “You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world,” are ideas I have embraced. I have been blessed to experience much adversity in the first half of my life, but have equally been blessed with little or no adversity in the second half.... [tags: Education, Family, Teacher, Thought]
2281 words (6.5 pages)
- The best thing about being a Christian is knowing that we all have a testimony. We all have a story. Some have similar stories while others have completely different stories. It’s great because it gives us the ability to go back in time and then look at the present to see where Jesus has brought us. Knowing that he has changed us from the inside out and that we will never be the same. My testimony is the reason why I was influenced on going to CCU because I understand how it will change my life for the better.... [tags: Family, Father, Emotion, Sibling]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- The Process Trusting your own skills and working hard to get to the level you want to be at in baseball is commonly referred to as “the process.” The average salary of a major league baseball player is 3.5 million while minor leaguers make about 20,000 dollars a year. Passion and money is the sole reason why every baseball player wants to make it for the top. Professional baseball is composed of seven levels which can be categorized into three levels consisting of the lower, middle, and upper levels.... [tags: Major League Baseball, Minor league baseball]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- I have been through so many things in my life and I have made many bad decisions. The best thing with making wrong decisions are learning from them. One of the worst decisions in my life was dropping out of college when I was younger. One day I’m hoping to show people no matter how old your are or what your have been through, you can still go back to school and help people but it first starts with yourself. Deciding to go back to school was hard, but I wanted to make a difference in someone’s life.... [tags: High school, English-language films, College]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- 6:02 a.m., Saturday morning. It’s early but my eyes crack open slightly and I roll underneath my covers. I stretch my arms and legs, making loud groans as my body twists and turns. Half awake, my legs drag me to the window and I pull up the shades. Blinded by the morning light, my fingers feel for the window locks and unlock them. As I pull open the window the cold, winter air fills my room. I shiver, hugging myself to hold in the warmth. My eyes finally adjust and a smile creeps across my face.... [tags: essays research papers]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- What is the best thing you can do for one another. I have always thought it is to lead them to Christ; the second best thing you could do is heal them. With either action, you are helping to make another person whole. The gift of life is precious and finite; so imagine what goes into making the people- apart from God- who hold it. There is a reason physicians go through years of education, internships, residencies, and fellowships. If it was easy, anyone could become one. But not everyone does, because it takes a special calling.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Ben Carson]
1040 words (3 pages)