I learned that a big key to becoming the kind of teacher I want to become is to be selfless. Teachers have such pure hearts and are always sacrificing their own needs in the place of better the circumstances of someone else. As I walked around the Education in Zion exhibit, I read a story about a teacher who was simply minding his own business in his office when a young student meandered in. The teacher asked the student how he could help him. The student explained that he was an international student and was short money for registration (this was during the time when registering at BYU took place in the Smith Field House). The teacher told him that was unfortunate and to go ask one of his friends to help him. The student explained that he did not have any friends. The teacher then pulled the 10 dollar bill out of his own wallet and gave it to the student (this was quite a bit of money at the time). The young man, in awe, asked why and in response, the wise teacher replied that all students at BYU are his friends. I learned that from the instance that teaching and learning extend to all spheres. Furthermore, I need to become the kind of teacher that reaches out, teaches beyond English, and communicates kindness through my actions. Many of the stories and instances I read as I walked through the beautiful exhibit portrayed teachers with kind hearts that not only taught their subject...
... middle of paper ...
...not much to work off. I am hoping that the foundation I am building will be enough for the future generation.
I have learned that it is my role to welcome everyone and include all in education, no matter his or her background. It is my role as a teacher to put forth every effort for inspiration and that after doing so the inspiration will come. Teachers are able to prepare the next generation of youth better than they themselves had been prepared. This is a sacred work. I learned from Joseph Smith that the relationship I have with God places me in a situation to advance in knowledge, making it my role as a teacher to invite the Spirit into my classroom as I strive to guide and teach my future students. By becoming a teacher, I am becoming a guide for students on the path to success. Their future lies within my hands until they are ready to hold it within their own.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are an endless amount of careers to choose from and figuring out which career path to take is not always easy. There is a lot that goes into figuring out which career is the best fit for you. Just like writing a research paper, there is a lot of planning and research that goes into making sure you acquire the most accurate information as possible and learn as much as you can about that area of interest. According to Prout (2015a), research is necessary to get a general idea about the job you will be doing such as job duties, job qualifications, the type of working environment it is and related occupations (p.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Hockey, a game of “finger skating at war” is exhilarating and pumps a rush of adrenaline throughout your body from, puck drop till the fat lady sings. With the fast paced game and probably that hardest sport to keep up with, especially in a Broadcast perspective, NHL has a gift that no other sport has. Out of all broadcasters in all sports, NHL’s own Mike Emrick, Emmy award winning announcer, is the best fit for hockey. For Emrick it started at a young age, and it wasn 't trying on skates. Mike Emrick growing up, fell in love with hockey as a teenager watching the minor league team in Indiana.... [tags: Olympic Games, Ancient Olympic Games]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I want my education to be meaningful and something to enrich the lives of others. My hopes are to be set on the path where, through real-world experiences, service trips, and relationships with students and faculty, I can be allowed to experiment with different types of organizations and discover what to expect in the field to find the best fit for me. I learned that a big key to becoming the kind of teacher I want to become is to be selfless. Teachers have such pure hearts and are always sacrificing their own needs in the place of better the circumstances of someone else.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Student, Want]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Depending on which position the leader of my initiative would be in, there are definitely requirements on the part of the DHS. The best fit for my plan is for a case manager to be in charge of this section of family services. They will be the lead individual on the team and need to coordinate between everyone involved in the FSP process. A failure to do so would result in a breakdown in communication and families would eventually suffer if not receiving needed help. Additional Team Members Ideally with my plan, at risk youth would straighten up at home, school, etc.... [tags: Police, Crime, Constable, Sheriff]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Even though it is not a subject regularly discussed in conversations, it can be extremely simple to fuel a debate on whether or not a large or small college is the best fit. Personally, I believe that a small college would be the wiser choice for a freshman 's first experience into college. Attending a large college can easily place one into a very uncomfortable situation. First, he will have a more difficult experience acquainting himself with 4,000 students than he would in a college that only had 1,500 enrolled.... [tags: High school, College, University, Secondary school]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Choosing the best fit depends on many factors, but keys to look for in potential vendors include whether they work well with internal teams and are willing to involve them deeply in the development process. This will ensure that the staff can take over after the platform build with a good working knowledge of how everything works. The vendor should specialize in customizations and integrations because these are critical in today 's rapidly evolving business markets where small conveniences and better user experiences more often determine where customers go to buy products than the traditional B2B monitors like pricing, brand loyalty and personal relationships with a company or members of its... [tags: Team, Project management, Management, Company]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- Would you enjoy having fresh, delicious, luscious vegetables to eat all summer long that cost you almost nothing. I know I would. Well, now you can have your veggies and eat them too. Try building your own vegetable garden. It can fit all sizes of yards and decks. You just need to pick the location and type of garden. Next, you will prepare the garden site and work the soil. Finally, you will plan the specifics and plant your garden. With some care and patience, you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor in no time.... [tags: Gardening, Garden, Plant, Want]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Assessing the Claim that the Nuclear Family had the Best Fit for Industrial and Modern Society The relationship between the structure of the family and the related processes of industrialization and modernization is a major theme in sociological study of the family. Industrialization refers to the growth in the mass production of goods in a factory system which involves mechanical production which started in the late 19th century and continues still today and modernization is the development of social, cultural, economic and political institutions which are thought of as typical in a modern society.... [tags: Papers]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- I’ve had to define and redefine my role while at Best Buy. After months of negotiations, I met with my CIO and she told me and my team to stop our approach on a project. It was a significant setback and I was responsible for telling everyone impacted, our two and half months of in-process work had to stop. During these times, I found that my network and relationships throughout my short time at Best Buy became pivotal, and being playful, experimenting, and discovering what happens when I act like a leader, would turn this failure into a success.... [tags: Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy, Best Buy]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- ... I received a newfound confidence which I carried with me through the rest of the year. FIT is a school for innovative and efficient men and women. I have displayed these qualities in both my secular and academic life. While attending high school, I was hired to be a culinary teacher for young children. I was able to single-handedly follow unique teaching methods and deal with problems efficiently. I found that by developing relationships with each of the students, I was able to complete any task at hand.... [tags: market, selling, careet, ideas, law, fashion]
599 words (1.7 pages)