My dad’s most recognizable strength is his ability to provide support in any decisions I make, no matter how big or small they may be. When growing up, I was never told what to do or how to do it. My father has encouraged me to do what I think is right, even if he does not agree. He always provides me support and helps me overcome all situations. There is nothing harder than being unsure about a situation and regretting the outcome. With his constant support, I know I never have to think through tough decisions alone. One example happened a few months ago when I was offered another career with a different company, and I was on the fence about what I should do. My father pulled me aside, weighed out the positives and negatives of both jobs, and gave me the strength to open my eyes and look past the present into the future. His desire to help me ensured I was making the best decision for me. However, this is just one of hundreds of examples I could provide that proves how far he would be willing to go to provide with support. My father always has taught me to ...
... middle of paper ...
...ail for anyone in his family if it meant growth for them. He also has taught me that times get tough, and things get hard, but the only thing stopping me from achieving my goals are my unwillingness to push forward. My father is a man of many, admirable qualities that make him my perfect role model.
To finish up, my father has indeed given me the biggest gifts of all; unconditional support, a positive outlook on all areas of life, and relentless determination. His countless experiences and endless support have made me make the toughest decisions with confidence. He has taught me to stay motivated in the worst of times and humble in the best of times. My father lives life with no challenges to broad and no goals out of reach, making him unstoppable when determined. There is no man with more of an influence on me than my father, making him my perfect role model.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My father had a prime role in my life; he was my savour, my protector, my friends but most importantly my ultimate caretaker. He was the biggest role model of my sixteen years of life however I found it difficult to be close to my father as I became older and would normally go to my mother. I looked up to my father as if he was a hero that you’d see from a comic saving the good from evil, protecting his own blood from the cruel world. If something wasn’t right he would make sure he could do his best to fix it.... [tags: Mother, Father, 2005 singles, Family]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- OSI Model: In this class I had learnt about the which is interesting because which it plays a vital role in the IT all the web browsers , sending and receiving the information and opening a web page is basically by using the OSI MODEL in which it is made up of seven layers Application layer ,Presentation Layer ,session layer , Transport layer, Network Layer ,Data link Layer and physical layer From the application layer to the Network layer are implemented by the end users whereas the bottom three are implemented by all the nodes in the path.... [tags: OSI model, OSI protocols, Internet Protocol Suite]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- ... In today society there are enough negative role models for children to choose from. Both adolescents and children copy the appearances and actions of those in movies, music videos, videos and television. However, today’s society especially the media are not modelling pro-social behaviour or promoting family values. Many parents fear to think of their child imitating actions from a ‘negative role model’. Whether the daughter or son acknowledges it or not, parents are one of the child’s biggest role models and hold the more influence over decision making and what happens in their life.... [tags: role model, behavior, influences]
1707 words (4.9 pages)
- Growing up, there are specific people that push you toward success and assist you in achieving your goals and dreams. If you reflect back on your childhood and think about the people you looked up too and the people that pushed you to be the best that you are these people are considered your mentors and role models. Mentors and role models can range from family members, teachers, coaches, friends or even people who have been in your position before. Sometimes mentors can even be people who are just wanting to help out and put people on the path needed in order to achieve success.... [tags: Coaching, Want, Need, WANT, Family]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- In 1981, Michael Jordan stepped foot on North Carolina’s campus as a top recruited freshman and was soon to be one of only four freshmen to ever earn a starting spot under Coach Dean Smith. The University of North Carolina was where Michael Jordan’s legacy started, and as of now, it will not end anytime soon. In his playing days, Michael was a second overall draft pick, Nike client, six-time NBA champ, six-time NBA finals MVP, five-time NBA MVP, and a fourteen-time all-star. After his playing days were over, Jordan’s impact on the game and on the fans never died.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Parents are often a child 's first role model and it is the parent 's job to set an example for their child to follow in. The parents as a child 's first role model it is their job to set the standard of living conditions and environments. Children will look to their parents for guidance about what is right and wrong. Parents should be there to help guide their child in life to understand right and wrong or one could go down a dark path if not taught proper morals or given proper care in my opinion.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Childhood, Parent]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Kirk Lee Hammett is the lead guitarist for the thrash metal band Metallica. He is particularly admirable to me for his eloquent lyrics and quotes, stunning guitar solos and the accomplishments he has achieved in life. He is and always has been a most influential person in my life since I discovered Metallica in 1996. The lyrics Kirk places in his songs are, to me, the most expressive and meaningful of any songs. It is a persons ability to correlate and understand lyrics that makes it so they can truly appreciate the meaning.... [tags: essays research papers]
440 words (1.3 pages)
- Financial statement fraud is one of the biggest types of fraud in today’s business world. The complexity and mechanism of financial statement fraud brought the attention of auditors and regulators. Financial scandals of Enron, WorldCom, Xerox, Tyco, Parmalat, Qwest, and Satam Computers increased the auditors’ responsibility in detecting and preventing fraudulent transactions. Corporate financial fraud had negative consequences for the market capitalization due to gigantic losses of investors. In addition, accounting scandals of early 2000th ruined auditors’ reputation and the public trust.... [tags: Balance sheet]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Ancient China held a legend that the God of Heaven created humans, thus, the first baby boy on earth was born. In place of a missing partner, God created a girl to accompany the boy with the intention of newborn lives on earth. Consider the storyline written over the past decade that we have heard over again for many times. A child who has already learned the concept of the story will know how it is going to turn out, and we recall the tale to the following generation for the same reason, in hoping that they will learn something significant out of the story.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Masculinity, Gender studies]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Being A Better Health Role Model and Consumer I feel it is very important to take care of yourself and a true responsibility to strive to be healthy. It is certainly something very personal, and that is what I really like about working towards this goal. There are not many short cuts and what you accomplish is usually measured in nothing more than hard work and proper habits. These habits are either natural to you or often times they are things that you have to acquire along the way. This is what this class did for me in many ways, it focused on important lifestyle techniques that I either already have or ones that I need to work on and try to incorporate into my everyday life.... [tags: Papers]
525 words (1.5 pages)