The Black Panther Party stood for the self-defense of minorities, but they didn’t approach it the right way. They fought with cops for no good reason most of the time; reasons like a cop was questioning a black person, the cop drove down their block/territory, etc. Even FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover called the Black Panthers “the greatest threat to the internal security...
... middle of paper ...
...dozen major actions performed by the ELF [Earth Liberation Front] in North America alone resulting in nearly $40 million in damage’” that’s just one group that costs that much money. Violence has been so devastating that the only thing left to do is make treaties or sign documents that should have been done in the first place because we are a civilized country that should no longer have a barbaric culture. For an example of the right format of arguing that you should use when your opponent being the government is not listening to concerns and pleas you have given it is, Martin Luther King’s uses of peace rallies and public speaking. He never told anyone to use violence while the Black Panthers sought out and killed people for their own self justice. Martin Luther touched more lives with peace and encouragement than did the Black Panther with their use of violence.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was at an impasse on how to complete this assignment. I had been looking and researching all the different world religions in my area and none were meeting regularly. There is only a Jewish Temple within 100 miles of Stanton, Texas. This being the case I was able to find a list of Shabbat services on YouTube. As I got permission to use this source, I then had to decide what would be the best way to choose on a service. I could have gone and looked at multiple services, but that seemed to be handpicking.... [tags: Judaism, Torah, Jewish services]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Epictetus made many excellent points on how he believes would be the best way for people to live though there were a point or two where I differed from his opinion on how life should be lived. One point of differing would be at passage eleven when he is saying that you should just believe that you are giving something back when it is taken from you. I don’t think this is quite the best way to go about anything since it would, more or less, just be someone saying that their own property or the people around them don’t matter to them in the least.... [tags: Psychology, Cognition, Thought, 2005 singles]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- History of Progressivism Progressivism: Progressivism started in the early-twentieth century and a main part of the reform taking place to better the American culture Why I chose Progressivism I chose to be a progressivist teacher because I believe a student-centered is the best way for students to learn. The students need to have some type of control over what they do, and if they can’t control what they’re learning, they should at least be able to control how they’re learning the information.... [tags: Learning, Education, Need, Teaching]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- For years there have been arguments about which is the best way to feed a baby. Many women going through their pregnancy struggling with what decision is right for them because ultimately it is a behavior that is natural to our species and those like us. There are two options to choose from when deciding how to feed an infant after birth. The first is breastfeeding either by bottle or breast and the second is formula feeding a baby. This paper will be a review of the two options and the comparison of the two, the politics involved, and finally with the arguments that are involved on both sides.... [tags: breast, formula, mothers]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Mark Twain once said, “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” (Twain). This is to say that school is not the best way to be educated, however college is education that must be paid for. Is the education gained from college worth the price. Some college educations can be up to sixty thousand dollars a year. This number is increasingly rising as the rates of inflation continue to rise. This makes college students drown with debt, which can force financial decisions. A solution to this increasing problem is to have some college freshman take finance seminars.... [tags: Education, High school, University, Student]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Accounting, finance, marketing or whatever degree is earned after college will mean that the graduate will be qualified for many different jobs, but not all jobs will require walking or moving around constantly. Some jobs will require a person to be sitting down and completing spreadsheets for many hours a week which can cause the body to tense up or the brain to be stressed out. Whatever it might be one is bound to be tired afterwards. Afterwards there can be many ways to reduce back pain, stress, headaches, etc.... [tags: Physical exercise, Obesity, Weight loss, Exercise]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Best way to whiten your teeth The pressure today to market yourself as a brand is tremendous. If you own a website or business, marketing is essential. Even if you only share personal details on social media, how you present yourself is very important, and a white, bright smile reigns supreme. A famous Hollywood television producer - when asked about game show contestant selection criteria - said that the biggest problem was finding contestants with good oral hygiene and bright smiles. This comment was made decades before teeth whitening kits, whitening strips and other products hit the shelves.... [tags: Dentistry, Teeth, Dental surgery]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- There are many ways I can tell you the important characteristics any entrepreneur must have in order to be successful, but I think the best way to tell you about Michael Nardy’s is with his own worlds about his grandfather. Choosing which parts of his story to share was extremely hard. His grandfather’s life has many examples that would be well worth sharing to show important characteristics they both share that made them each successful in their own businesses. You can tell by the way he told the story he both loved and admired his grandfather.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, By the Way]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Every teacher has their own philosophy or way of teaching, that they incorporate in their classroom, that fits their personality. Teachers provide knowledge for the future generations to come. At times they may be overworked or underpaid, but leaving valuable knowledge with a student and helping them grow is invaluable. The world would not be able to progress if it wasn’t for the great teachers that provided us with wide set of skills. Teaching isn’t about the money or the weekends off, it’s about receiving new information and giving new information and so much more.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, Lesson plan]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Leadership is an unquestionable quality with the capacity to lead by empowering others Leadership motivates and encourages followers to employ the leader’s vision. Leadership is not a position it’s a way of life. Leadership is a characteristic that is not attained through another. Leadership is built upon self-determination and awareness. Leadership that is efficient empowers, enables and encourages, therefore influencing others to work toward achieving a shared outcome. The value of leadership authorizes, encourages and stimulates others to develop a cohesive team working toward shared and individual success.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Leadership, Skill]
1280 words (3.7 pages)