It has been argued that the only way for children to advance in life is to be raised by both a mother and a father. This statement can hold to be true for a number of reasons. For instance, children raised in the custody of a single parent are more likely to have behavioral issues because they tend to lack econo...
... middle of paper ...
...ecause of their assistance, I see myself as a prepared individual for the future and ready to face the world of adulthood. I know that I will have struggles and difficulties come my way, but because of my parents and their influences on my life, I know that I am better equipped and set to face any challenge or obstacle that may appear before me throughout time.
Although the incidence of single parent, divorced and multi-generational households is rising, the nuclear family is still a preferred way of many to raise children. All children need guidance and will only become a product of what they are taught from a young age. These children are deeply affected emotionally by the amount of love and compassion that is put into raising them. A traditional nuclear family structure that is one of respect and strong moral values is the most effective for a child’s self growth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As parents we all want what’s best for our kids. We want them to have happy childhoods. We want them to do well in school so that they will have as many opportunities as possible to seek out a satisfying and fulfilling career. We want them to see the world, have adventures (safely), and be happy. We also want them to love and be loved. We want them to have someone who will always be there for them and for whom they will always be there in return. We really do. One thing parents don’t want for their kids is divorce.... [tags: Divorce, Marriage, Alimony, Family law]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Grandparents are the best of friend and kind person you will ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughter very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of story and they always seem to have candy or cookie with them. Children are always excited to about their grandparents ' visitations especially on holidays or birthdays. They hoped that one day they will see their granddaughter grow up and change the world. A Long the way their life turn upside down and they never get to see that day comes to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- When I think of family, I think of the close-knit bond I have with my family, the love between my sister and I as we have grown so much closer over the years, and the strength that one 's’ family can bring them. I know that I would not be where I am today without my family being there by my side every step of the way. It is just like that cliche saying, ¨Friends will come and go but family is forever.¨ I see it all the time people taking their family for granted, getting angry that they care for you and want your best interest, and trying to push them away.... [tags: Mother, English-language films, Family, Love]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Choosing the best for our family has been my mother’s top priority all her life even though that meant sacrificing her needs for ours. From leaving my father when we were young to bringing us to a new country, a completely different world rom what we all knew, she has unfailingly managed to be strong for my sisters and I. In all honesty, I never really understood or agreed with some of the decisions she made, but I knew she would never do anything to harm us in any way. Living in Mexico our whole life and making a big transition to the United States was not easy either.... [tags: Family, Debut albums, Mother, Father]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- The world interprets the definition of family in a variety of ways throughout their cultures. When thinking of a modern family most people would automatically think of family as a group of individuals living together in a household or multiple people from the same descent. The majority of society was raised thinking heterogeneous monogamy-different sex marriage allowed only one spouse- was the only type of marriage allowed. In this society people believe many different types of marriages are acceptable such as monogamy, polygamy, public and private families.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Father, Mother]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Once upon a time there lived a family of four. There lived a mother, father, daughter, and son. The two children were twins and they were inseparable. The family was in a forest far away from villages it seemed like they were a perfect family since they were always seen with friendly animals especially wolves. The family would have picnics and even have feasted at home. Back then, the family thought about moving away since they felt that this was the best idea for their family. The family lived far away because the villagers would shun them for being friends with wolves.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Marriage]
1813 words (5.2 pages)
- How to Choose the Best Cell Phone Plan Nowadays, the different cell phone plans available are abundant. You don’t really have to search for a plan that will keep you connected to family and friends while not destroying your budget. However, it is still important to understand just exactly what you need and how much it will cost before choosing a cell phone plan. You may think that one plan is the best, but you may be paying more for the same features than you would if you chose a similar carrier.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Some may say that being the youngest in a family is the best, but I disagree. When you are the youngest, you never become older. At least that is what I thought until last Christmas. On my mom’s side of the family, I am the youngest. She has four older siblings, and 3 of them have families on top of mine. It can get very hectic around the holidays but because of the large age gap between my cousins and me, I always had particular attention. The special attention was something I cherished until I got older.... [tags: Sibling, Birth order, Big Five personality traits]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Thank you my family: First, all honor and all my praises go to God for giving me the strength, wisdom, courage and the ability to share my gift with others. Without him this wouldn’t be possible. I thank him for blessing me tremendously. I owe everything to God, because without him I don’t have an existence. Thank you my heavenly Father. Second, My husband K.C. thanks for maintaining the stability I needed to accomplish this project, I couldn’t have done this without you. My daughter Latoya and son K.C.... [tags: Family, Debut albums, God the Father, 2002 singles]
981 words (2.8 pages)