The darkness is a place where nobody wants to be. Just like in literal darkness, the darkness in this song means being completely blinded. This darkness causes an individual to be unable to confidently walk in the direction they want to go because they are unable to see where they are going. They are struggling in knowing where their life is headed since they feel completely lost. The darkness causes them to feel hopeless. Due to their inability to see, they are unable to find the right path in which God wants them to take. In finding the light, an individual is able to see where they are going and are able to choose the path of righteousness. This song is talking about how God is the only one who can show his people where they can find the light because God is the light. Individuals need God to be their light so they do not have to keep fighting the dangers that are in the darkness. In the darkness, we are lost, but with God’s light, we can be found.
The lyrics of this song are ...
... middle of paper ...
...with similar beliefs is empowering because we can feel God’s presence in the world.
Dan Bremnes ‘Where the Light is’ exemplifies the lives of many Christians. It makes it clear that even though someone may feel confident in their faith, it is not easy to not fall away from it. It is so easy to be lost in the darkness of the world because it surrounds us everywhere we go. When we are lost we need to search for God’s light so we can be guided onto a path of virtue. There is no hurt, no broken heart, and no life that God cannot help and lead to the light. God created us and he loves us. He wants us to live righteous lives. He allows us to decide our path in life and wants us to choose carefully but if we are unable to, he is a God of grace, love, and forgiveness. He is always there to shine his light and give us hope when we are stuck in the darkness and feel hopeless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Living to a hundred years old seems impossible to reach. As Dan Buettner explains there are many myths with this. The first being you have to have a good lifestyle and you would have had to win the genetic jackpot. The other myth many people fall for, that there are treatments that can help stop the aging. Aging is inevitable. As Dan says “, only about one out of 5,000 people in America live to be 100…But life expectancy in this country is only 78.”In Dan’s speech, he talks about Blue Zones him and his team found all around the world where the people there live to a hundred or older.... [tags: Dan Buettner, Blue Zone, Loma Linda, California]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- “The son of a mathematics teacher and a church organist, Dan Brown was raised on a prep school campus where he developed a fascination with the paradoxical interplay between science and religion. These themes eventually formed the backdrop for the Da Vinci Code.” (Greenburger, "Dan Brown") The story goes Leonardo da Vinci was a member of a secret society known as the Priory of Sion and hid secret symbols in his paintings that give away the secret of the holy grail. Religious symbology expert Dr.... [tags: The Da Vinci Code, Mary Magdalene, Dan Brown]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown Title of the book: Angels and Demons Author: Dan Brown Year original book was published: 2000 Four words to describe the author: Cosmopolitan, Witty, Articulate, Sophisticated Characters in the book: The Hassassin: Strong, Merciless Commander Olivetti: Disciplined, Stubborn The Camerlengo/Janus: Deceitful, Powerful Cardinal Mortati: Fortunate, Patient Robert Langdon: Clever, Cautious Leonardo Vetra: Humanitarian, Loving Victoria Vetra: Gorgeous, Dangerous Maximilian Kohler: Cold, Ruthless Setting of the book: This novel takes place during present times, but has several historical facts dating back several hundred years.... [tags: Angels and Demons Dan Brown Essays]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown 1.) The main setting takes place in the beautiful, elegant, religious, Vatican City. The story pretty spread out throughout the Vatican in churches, especially St. Peter’s Basilica, museums, the pope’s hidden passageways, offices, and a lot of other interesting places. Vatican City is a beautiful city where an abundant amount of faithful living Catholics are located. This city is also where Christianity originated. In the middle of the entire city lies the most famous church in the entire world, St.... [tags: Angels Demons Dan Brown Essays]
3000 words (8.6 pages)
- When I was younger and felt “under the weather” or was having a bad day, my mother always used to kick me to the outdoors and tell me to soak up some sun. I always thought that it was all mumbo jumbo, the sun can not really have an effect on my mood, can it. As a young child I thought it was a myth, just another way for my mother to subtly tell me to stop moping around the house and get me out into the fresh air. Come to find out, her words of wisdom were true, the sun really does have an impact on your mood.... [tags: Environment, Light, Colors]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- Having electricity is something that most people feel they need to be comfortable and safe in their day to day lives. So much so, that the demand for lighting has increased rapidly over the years. This increase in demand also includes the usage of artificial lighting which also contributes greatly to light pollution. Light pollution has had an unfavorable effect on the planet and this includes humans, animals, and plants as a whole. Light pollution is the “inappropriate or excessive usage of light causing glare, sky glow, and light trespass”.... [tags: Light pollution, Lighting, Light]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code Mel Gibson paid out twenty million of his own money to produce and direct the critically acclaimed movie Passions of the Christ, which depicts the Biblical account of Christ's crucifixion.... [tags: Dan Brown Da Vinci Code]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- As I lay on the minute golden grains of sand, I looked up at the brilliant sky, adorned with flashes of pink and orange and purple, mirroring the colours of a flawless seasoned apricot. The goddess-like sun’s face is being embraced by the demure navy fingertips of the skyline. The dull light of the sun somehow manages to kindle my senses in a way I had never seen or felt before. Everything felt like it came to a standstill and the effect of the light made the scene look like one in a painting. The waves break gently into white foam on the black beach.... [tags: Sun, Light, Sky, Sunrise]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- The Truth about Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was on the New York Times bestselling list for more then two years, recently returning to the top of the list due to the release of the paperback version in March of 2006. Released by Doubleday in March of 2003, it was an instant hit. The book is a very well written piece of fictional literature that combines the use of historical facts and artifacts with a completely fictional adventure. Brown's use of history has created a certain amount of believability to his story.... [tags: Dan Brown Da Vinci Code]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- The Light In The Forest Conrad Richter's book, The Light In The Forest, is about a boy from Pennsylvania who was adopted into an Indian family. After a long period of time, True Son had to go back to his white family. The ordeal in the story is that he wanted to go back to the Indians and not stay in the white village. When he came back, he made a big mistake and got kicked out of the Indian village. In my opinion, Cuyloga made the most difficult decision in the novel when he decided to send True Son away at the end.... [tags: The Light In The Forest]
389 words (1.1 pages)
- Information And Communication Technologies ( Ict )
- Water Of Australias Cities : Adelaide
- My Family Health History And What I Personally At Risk
- A Case Of Unauthorized Practice Of Law And A Breach Of The American Bar Association 's Paralegal Codes Of
- The Treaty Between The Abenaki Indians And The English At Casco Bay
- Why I Should Select Me