Kayla’s argument consists of three main points to support her overall argument that chocolate is good for you. The first point Kayla uses to support her conclusion is the article is “scientific.” She supports this claim by stating the study was conducted on a lot of people, examining healthy people supports the results, and the study was observational. The second premise to Kayla’s conclusion is that chocolate reduces heart disease and diabetes. She proves her point by saying that chocolate contains antioxidants and that her grandmother, who does not eat chocolate, uses insulin. Her third, and final, claim to support her argument is that the USA Today is a reputable newspaper source. She supports this by explaining that newspapers are reliable (as opposed to social media) and that experts read it (her friend’s dad who is a doctor).
While Kayla’s overall argument has potential it seems to be missing some information from the article that would be beneficial to her case. Starting with her first point, there is an issue with her interpretation of the word “observational.” Kayla ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Chocolate is Good for You. Did you know that getting a daily dose of dark chocolate may be beneficial to your health. Not only is chocolate the perfect gift for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day, it also may benefit your heart. The ingredients in chocolate are not only delicious, but dark chocolate and cocoa powders also contain disease-fighting antioxidants. The key to gaining the most benefits from dark chocolate is to enjoy it in moderation. According to cnn.com (2000), in addition to antioxidants, one of the fats found in chocolate, called stearic acid, may increase healthy cholesterol (HDL), and make bad cholesterol levels (LDL) less susceptible for oxidation, which leads to clogged arter... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- How To Make A Chocolate Cracks Cake A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgivings and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Chocolate is a widely favoured treat that comes in more varieties than any one person could imagine. Forrest Gump once said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.” This statement explains a variety among chocolates in terms of flavour, size, and shape. The same statement can be applied to the people we meet in the journey of life. Regardless of appearance, personality and the overall impression someone leaves on you, they will always be favoured by some, disliked by others and always unique.... [tags: Chocolate, psychology, ]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Chocolate Parfaits Serves 4/ Prep time: 20 minutes Parfaits are happy; they look charming and whimsical, especially if you layer them perfectly in real parfait glasses. You can put as many layers as you like, as long as the chocolate and whipped cream do not mix and ruin the effect. If you crave a chocolate mousse presentation instead, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until it is completely incorporated. Under 30 Minutes, Make Ahead 1 avocado, peeled and pitted ¼ cup cocoa powder ¼ cup egg white protein powder ¼ cup water ½ teaspoon stevia ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon Pinch of sea salt 1½ cups heavy (whipping) cream ¼ teaspoon stevia 1. Place the avocado, cocoa powder,... [tags: Milk, Ice cream, Chocolate, Cream]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- Chocolate There is nothing any better than a good piece of chocolate. Its rich, its creamy, its smooth, and it makes us feel so-o-o-o good for a few moments of course, that is; until the guilt of the calories kick in. Chocolate happens to be one of my favorite sweets. The wonderful creamy milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate, or even my personal favorite a silky dark chocolate, the choices are hard. I sat down this weekend to really think about, and compare the differences.... [tags: Nutrition]
1036 words (3 pages)
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier was a book that we read in class, it was about good and evil. It is about how the to forces battle for superiority over one another. The book tells how one of the sides over powers the other to claim its spot on top. The people are like pawns to two of the characters, Archie and Brother Leon because they use the people to get what they want from them, and will stop at nothing to get it. Both of characters will stop at nothing to have what they want, which is to have the power over the school.... [tags: The Chocolate War]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The Chocolate War is a book written by Robert Cormier. It is about a teenaged boy named Jerry and his life as an individual at an all boys catholic school called Trinity. Every year the school sells chocolates to raise money. Every student is meant to sell fifty boxes, and they all do, except for Jerry. Jerry was forced not to sell the chocolates for 10 days by the Vigils, a school gang. At first that's what he planned to do, but as the 10 days went on, Jerry started to feel control over his life and decided to continue not to sell.... [tags: Chocolate War Robert Cormier]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- A Literary Analysis of Robert Cormier's "The Chocolate War" The Chocolate War is a story which takes place in New England in the 1970's. Most of the events happen in a Catholic school. Since this school was exclusively for boys, they were constantly trying to prove their power over each other. The story is told in third person omniscient. The story's mood is suspenseful. With each page turn one wonders if Jerry will take or refuse his chocolates. The protagonist of this story is Jerry Renault and the antagonist in Archie Costello.... [tags: Chocolate War Essays]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The novel Like Water for Chocolate, published in 1989, was written by Laura Esquivel who is of Spanish heritage. She lives in Mexico, and Like Water for Chocolate was her first novel. I feel that in the story Laura Esquivel gives a lot of magical elements that are treated as real in order to evoke emotions about love, but it also employs many features of sublime literature. In Like Water for Chocolate, a girl named Tita was born. When she was first born, it mentions that she was literally washed into this world on a great tide of tears that spilled over the edge of the table and flooded across the kitchen floor (6).... [tags: Like Water for Chocolate]
1152 words (3.3 pages)