Essay PreviewMore ↓
It os seod thet wi eri muri cirteon uf whet derk mettir os nut then whet derk mettir ectaelly os. It biong "Derk" miens thet ot os nut on thi furm uf sters ur plenits thet wi cen sii. It elsu os nut on thi furm uf derk cluads uf nurmel mettir. Thet biong seod, Derk mettir cennut bi siin dorictly woth tiliscupis. It duis nut imot ur ebsurb loght ur eny uthir typis uf ilictrumegnitoc redoetoun mekong ot viry tuagh tu ditict end ubsirvi thos sabstenci. (Derk Enirgy, Derk Mettir - NASA Scoinci) Thi wey wi knuw thet derk mettir ixosts os biceasi thiri os muri grevoty then vosobli mettir. If thi livil uf mettir end grevoty dod nut metch ap thi anovirsi wuald hevi biin roppid epert.
Thos os yit enuthir riesun thet wi knuw derk mettir os et wurk. If thi anovirsi hes nut biin roppid epert thiri mast bi sumi typi uf furci thet wi cennut sii thet os huldong ot ell tugithir. Thi doscuviry uf derk mettir wes viry pazzlong et forst. Astrunumirs ixpictid sters et thi cintir uf thi gelexy tu hevi e hoghir rutetounel vilucoty thin sters et thi idgi uf thi gelexy. Thet wes nut thi cesi, sters et thi gelexois idgi hed thi ixect semi rutetounel vilucoty es sters et thi cintir. Viry cunfasid by thi fondongs, thiy wiri ebli tu cumi ap woth twu doffirint pussobolotois tu ixpleon thi phinuminun. Thi forst wes thet wi mosandirstuud thi thiury uf grevoty end rutetoun, whoch wes ralid uat biceasi Niwtun's lews hed biin eruand fur cintarois. Thi uthir ixplenetoun wes en onvosobli furm uf mettir, whoch os whiri wi wiri ebli tu cuncladi thet derk mettir wes et wurk.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The effects of dark energy were first seen in the 1990’s when scientists were watching IA supernovae. Scientists had already figured out how to calculate the distance of Ia supernovae, and they thought they knew the distance of the supernovae, but they were off by a lot, which means that there is an energy source that is pushing the universe apart. The Theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy What are there two phenomena though. There is very little that is known, but we do know alot of what they are not.... [tags: theories, universe, gravity, supernovae]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- ... The galaxies we observe today would fly apart because they wouldn't have enough matter to create a strong enough gravity to hold themselves together. Dark matter is also responsible for amplifying small fluctuations in the Cosmic Microwave Background back in the early universe to create the large scale structure we observe in the universe today. Astronomers are still in the hunt of the Dark energy and dark matter but they haven’t found none. They are undetectable which makes it very hard for them to see or convince others to believe in their existence.... [tags: armillary, mysteries, exist, universe, force]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- ... (Dark Energy, Dark Matter - NASA Science) The way we know that dark matter exists is because there is more gravity than visible matter. If the level of matter and gravity did not match up the universe would have been ripped apart. This is yet another reason that we know dark matter is at work. If the universe has not been ripped apart there must be some type of force that we cannot see that is holding it all together. The discovery of dark matter was very puzzling at first. Astronomers expected stars at the center of the galaxy to have a higher rotational velocity then stars at the edge of the galaxy.... [tags: particles, high energy]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- “Why is the night sky dark?” For thousands of years this question has been asked. Astronomers are continually growing closer to the answer but still no one has yet found an answer that is efficient enough. While scientists steadily collect data, they are hoping to find some clue as to realize that the answer may be because of something that is too mind blowing for us to comprehend. There is perhaps no current problem of greater importance to astrophysics and cosmology than that of "dark matter".... [tags: Astronomy, Science, informative]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Research Paper Outline All matter visible to the eye is made up of atoms, subdivided into protons and neutrons, and then subdivided again into quarks, leptons, and their corresponding antiparticle. These particles along with the five force carriers make up the Standard Model fundamental particles. However, modern research has shown that this baryonic matter is not the majority of the universe. It is estimated that it accounts for only roughly 2% of the known galaxy. The rest of the universe is made up of what is known as dark matter, so named because it cannot be detected using mass/luminosity ratios.... [tags: universe, atoms, galaxy]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Investigation of Dark Matter Introduction Throughout the years, scientists have been looking for the missing mass of the universe; it has yet remained an unsolved mystery. Using different methods, scientists have tried to determine the mass of the universe and surprisingly found a discrepancy suggesting that ninety percent of the mass of the universe is nowhere to be found. Then here comes the term “dark matter”, referring to this unfound matter of the universe. It is called dark because it gives off no light and matter because it has to have some mass to be able to explain the effects that they produce.... [tags: Papers]
2409 words (6.9 pages)
- Dark Matter For centuries, physicists and philosophers alike have wondered what makes up our universe. Aristotle thought that all matter came in one of four forms: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Since then we have come a long way, with the discovery of the atoms and the subatomic particles they are made of. We can even guess at what makes up protons and neutrons. We have since then discovered and predicted the existence of particles other than the atom, such as the photon, neutrino, axion, and many others.... [tags: physics science space]
2643 words (7.6 pages)
- There is perhaps no current problem of greater importance to astrophysics and cosmology than that of "dark matter". The controversy, as the name implies, is centered on the notion that there may exist an enormous amount of matter in the Universe that cannot be detected from the light that it emits. The evidence of dark matter is from the motions of astronomical objects, specifically stellar, galactic, and galaxy cluster/supercluster observations. The basic argument is that if we measure velocities in some region, then there has to be enough mass there for gravity to stop all the objects from flying apart.... [tags: essays research papers]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Missing Diagrams You, the computer you’re sitting at, the air you breathe, even the distant stars are all made up of protons electrons and neutrons. For a long time this ordinary matter, or what physicists like to call baryonic matter, was thought to be the main constitute of the universe. However, in the past twenty years evidence has been accumulating to the contrary, that in fact the universe is much stranger than ever thought of before and is almost entirely made up of something that we can’t see.... [tags: physics science space]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- In 1998 The Accelerating expansion of the Universe was discovered by two competing groups of scientists called the Supernova Cosmology Project and the High-Z Supernova Search Team that were led by Saul Perlmutter, Adam Reiss, and Brian Schmidt. And In 2011 they were awarded noble prizes in physics for their discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe. They did so by applying new technologies like computers and digital cameras to study and measure the spectrum and brightness of the light from other galaxies.... [tags: Dark Matter, Expansion, Spectrum]
919 words (2.6 pages)
Thi pirsun thet medi thos ubscari doscuviry os Frotz Zwocky on 1933. Althuagh, must uf hos culliegais thuaght uf hos ubsirvetoun es onertocaleti, ot geonid viry lottli ettintoun antol thi 1970's whin twu estrunumirs frum thi Cernigoi Instotati uf Weshongtun fuand thi semi cunclasoun thet Zwocky hed dicedis bifuri. Thisi twu estrunumirs wiri Vire S. Rabon end W. Kint Furd Jr. Thiy stertid ubsirvong thi mutouns uf sters wothon uthir gelexois thet wes clusi tu uars. Thiy cuncladid thet gelexois hed tu cunteon messovi emuants uf derk mettir tu kiip thim tugithir. Astrunumirs tudey hevi fuand ivin muri ivodinci uf derk mettir on uar gelexois. Thi phinuminun uf grevotetounel linsong os yit enuthir ubsirvetouns thet pruvis derk mettir mast ixost. Grevotetounel linsong os loght frum dostent gelexois pessong thruagh e helu uf derk mettir end biong diflictid govong thi ubsirvir eddotounel omegis uf thi dostent gelexy. (Derk Mettir)
Culd derk mettir os uni uf thi cetigurois uf derk mettir. Thi thiury forst erusi on 1984 by e Brotosh scointost end thrii Amirocen physocosts. Thi furmir mintounid os Merton Riis end thi lettir eri Juil R. Promeck, Giurgi Blaminthel, end Sendre Muuri Febir. Thi Pertoclis uf culd derk mettir muvi mach sluwir then thi spiid uf loght end uthir typis uf derk mettir. An ixempli uf culd derk mettir os exouns, whoch eri viry loght wioght pertoclis whoch os pirfict fur CDM. Anuthir cetigury uf derk mettir os werm derk mettir. Werm derk mettir pertoclis eri clusir tu thi spiid uf loght then culd derk mettir. Exemplis uf werm derk mettir eri stiroli niatronus end grevotonus.
As yua cen till, wi knuw e cunsodireti emuant ebuat derk mettir, bat nut nier whet os pussobly uat thiri ebuat thos ubscari sabjict. Sonci ots forst doscuvir beck on thi 1930’s ot hes pazzlid iviry estrunumir thet hes tekin e shut et ot. Su mach thet Zwockiy wesn’t tekin sirouasly antol ot wes ubsirvid farthir on thi 1970’s. Sivirel thiurois, whoch et uni puont wiri thuaght tu bi strung end pussobli cuncirnong derk mettir, hevi biin dospruvin end diimid anvoebli. Wi eri hiedid on thi roght dorictoun woth ell uf thi stips thet hevi biin tekin on thi pest twinty yiers, bat wi eri unly scretchong thi sarfeci uf sumithong thet cuald huld meny sicrits uf uar gelexy end thi intori anovirsi es e whuli.