Anthropologists should have certain values or agree with certain ideas before entering the profession. Individuals in anthropological fields study human nature in various forms such as; linguistics, archaeology, and culture in the attempt to discover the truth about the “supreme” species inhabiting planet earth. This being said one would have to be aware of the modern and old world in order to prosper in an anthropological field. Anthropologists ought to be wise of cultures and their surroundings due to studies involving travel. Many anthropologists travel to locations where one would want to know about the dangers of the wild life and even the th...
... middle of paper ...
...by the University of Tennessee Knoxville for forensic anthropologists to teach them with hands on experience. It is called the “body farm” where decomposing bodies are placed and examined to research post mortem change. It is not open to all anthropologists, but it is an option for some allowing them to efficiently get hands on experience. The training and education truly depends on location and self-determination.
Career Discovery Encyclopedia. seven. New York: InfoBase publishing, 2009. 144-45. Print.
"Social Scientists, Other." Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition. United States Department of Labor, December 17, 2009. Web. 28 May 2011.
The staff of Princeton Review, Guide To College Majors; Everything You Need To Know TO Choose The Right Major. 2005. New York: Princeton Review Publishing, 2005. 72-3. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many pastors often will have the little children of the church ushered to the front to speak with them briefly. In a playful manner he asks them, what are they going to be when they grow up. It is amazing how the majority of them say with such confidence what they will be someday. And in the congregation sits me, a returning college student who decided to do a three sixty and pursue a different career. One of the major factors in a career is that it will give an individual flexible time with family and friends.... [tags: Career Research ]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Ever since I was five years-old, I walked around telling everyone that I want to be a doctor. It was not till I was eleven that I knew I wanted to work with kids too. So I looked to my mother and said, “Mom what do you call a doctor that always works with kids?” I didn’t know whether or not it had a special name like everything else. She looked at me and asked why I wanted to know. I told her, “I want to know what kind of doctor I want to be.” She told me that everyone would call me a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- Although some people may think that keeping feelings to themselves is the answer, it is not always the solution. Most people like to vent about things that bother them and that’s when Psychologist’s come in handy. Psychologist can determine what is going on in the head, as well as mental behaviors. Psychology truly is a helpful career because many people who have problems do not solve them unless they talk problems out and get mental help. I truly believe that I can help people with the ability that I have been given to talk to people and understand them.... [tags: career, behavior]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- If you have entertained the thought of having a medical career, you could not pick a more lucrative or diverse career path to take. Medical students recognize that the health care industry is booming; in fact, it’s number seven out of 20 leading occupations, according to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics). These days, job security is everything. Attending a reputable online medical training school is convenient in that you can learn at your own pace, yet it is an accelerated way to earn an accredited degree without the pressures of the classroom.... [tags: Career Description]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Dentistry is an ancient, highly respectable career which requires team work and ambition to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a dental doctor. My interest in dentistry started at a young age. I remember going to the dentist as a child and actually enjoying my visit due to the kind friendly employees. The thought of playing dentist and cleaning clients’ mouths seemed entertaining. After my visit I went home and pretended my little sister was my patient. She sat in a little chair outside while I pretended to be her dentist, the only difference was instead of rinsing her mouth with clean water, I used the water from the kiddy pool which had love bugs inside.... [tags: dental doctor, career]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- But waiting to choose a career or a partner or have a child – it can make you a better parent; more knowledgeable and patient and able to maintain healthier relationships…. Just overall, people make better decisions after 30…. Who really knows themselves at 20 anyway?" (Arnett). In this quote, Arnett declares that the path for adulthood has become longer, but waiting and experimenting first can make people gain experience and take better decisions in life. Throughout the years, I have seen families with different living environments.... [tags: Adult, Adulthood, Term, Time]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- As soon as I knew that we would have to write a faculty interview paper and preferably talk to someone associated with are major, I knew exactly who I wanted to interview. This semester I am taking Entomology 218 or introduction to forensics. There are two instructors for the class and I chose Patrick Jones. This decision was easy to make, because the first day of class, Patrick had said that he was a retired police officer and had done a lot of different work in that area. After I knew this I was immediately intrigued and wanted to know more about him.... [tags: interviews, career,]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Economics is the term used to describe the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. In addition, economics is the study of scarcity, Our economy is important because it gives us an opportunity to understand better, how business, society, and the world are doing overall financially. Our economy as it stands now is barely standing. The government is in debt by trillions, and furthermore, This means an increased competitive job market. However, one needs to consider many different factors when choosing a career to give them the best chance of being happy and fulfilled.... [tags: Career Research ]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- Doctors can pursue many career paths, including private practice, university-hospital work, or a job with a health maintenance organization. The first lets the physician be his own boss. The second offers him the opportunity to divide his work between treatment, research and instruction, in varying proportions. The third means he work for a large corporation, which provides him with patients and handles most of the administrative and business tasks that physicians in private practice have to handle on their own.... [tags: Your Career as a Doctor]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Finding a career that is adequate for me in life can be a difficult challenge. Since I was a little my dream job was to continue the family business back home in Ohio. Many people choose their degrees because they do not know what they want. I am very sure that the degree that I have chosen is the right one for me, which is Business and Administration. I am now attending County Community College and I wish to end my Associate Degree here in two years. After I achieve my A.A. degree at County Community College, I want to transfer to University Of Central Florida to finish my Bachelors Degree.... [tags: Career Exploration Essay]
1105 words (3.2 pages)