In my opinion, Landry only used expertise currency to build the relationship with Tyra because Tyra has way better resource, social network, personal, and intimacy currency than Landry, and expertise currency is the only currency which Tyra lacks of. Besides, Tyra happened to want to work hard on her academic performance, so that Landry has an opportunity using his expertise currency to reach his goal which is befriend with Tyra.
• Identify two challenges that Lyla and Jason face in resolving the conflicts in their relationships. Be specific about the type of challenge.
One challenge is romantic betrayal which both of them made the same mistake. Lyla cheated on Jason and hooked up with Tim first, but both of them tried to fix their relationship; besides, in order to strength the relationship, Jason even proposed to Lyla. However, when Lyla caught Jason cheated on her that he was dating Susie, their relationship ended up there. The other one challenge they had faced is jealousy, and it happened when Lyla went to Austin visit Jason. She found out that Jason got a tattoo from another girl without telling her, so when she first met Susie, Lyla introduced herself to Susie with particular emphasis on that she was Jason’s fiancée in order to “declaration of sovereignty.”
• What romantic love type best describes the relationship between Julie and Matt? Be sure to support your answer with an example.
The relationship between Julie and Matt is stroge type of romance. They did not have dramatic initiating stage, and Julie even refused to have lunch with Matt at the first. Instead of active pursuit, Matt chose to start slow and caught every opportunity that ch...
... middle of paper ...
...ities with Matt, when Matt really needs someone’s company, that person must be Landry. Landry was the person who went shopping with Matt for his outfits before Matt’s first with Julie, and Matt also went to buy gift for Julie with Landry’s company. Besides, Landry even helped Matt to take care of his grandma, even though Landry failed, but Landry is always there if Matt needs any help.
• Are Tim and Jason communal or agentic friends? Support your answer with specific examples.
Tim and Jason are communal friends because they do not have the same goal. The reason for they being communal friends is that they are both football player who spend a lot time together on practicing. However, Tim does not have a life goal, but Jason had planned to play pro; therefore, for Jason, Tim is just a friend to enjoy life together but not a friend who can help him to achieve his goal.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From September 11, 1924 (Moritz 270), through the late 1960’s, Tom Landry accomplished a lot of things in his life, and set new trends for many years to come. Whether it be high school football star, or flying combat missions with the United States Air Force. Whether it be playing collegiate football, and really excelling, or actually moving on to a professional football career. Whether it be transforming from player to coach, and leading way for years to come and different programs; Tom Landry had experienced it all.... [tags: Biographical, Scouting Reports]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator was created in 1943 by a curious mother-daughter pair, Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers. After meeting Isabel’s future husband, Katherine became interested in personality type theories, realizing that Clarence, the fiancé, had a different way of viewing the world than their family. The main ideas that Briggs and Myers based their research on was backed by the psychiatrist Carl Jung, who is known as one of the founding fathers of psychology alongside Sigmund Freud.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Often, I have taken personality tests online to determine what my “actual” personality type is. Some have been helpful and others have been completely different from who I feel that I am. After taking the 16 personalities test, I feel the results to be very accurate. There were some things that I did not agree with, but, majority of what I read describes me to a tee. Personality is defined as the visible aspect of one’s character as it impresses others (www.dictionary.com). The results from my 16 personalities test reveal that I am an ESFJ personality, also known as “The Consul”.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- MBTI® Assessment Organizations are increasingly utilizing teams to manage large workloads and many times, with smaller staffs. Those responsible for assembling the teams have many methods at their disposal from randomly choosing the requisite number of bodies to using scientific and psychological methods of achieving a balanced team. With luck, randomly choosing team members may result in success; however, this is not likely, as most organizations are comprised of a diverse workforce. One method of achieving a team that embodies esprit de corps is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®), which allows the leader insight into the personalities of potential team members.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- The Myer-Briggs Type Indicator, or the MTBI, is a self questionnaire that is used to find out the psychological preferences in how people make decisions and perceive the world. Created by Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers, the Myer-Briggs was based on the personality types theory proposed by Carl Jung. He believed that there were four main psychological functions of experiencing the world for humans, sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking. I took the Myer-Briggs test and was deemed a mediator or INFP multiple times.I found that many of what was written about INFP related to my life.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Overview of Myers-Briggs Personality Types People with extraverted sensing feeling judging (ESFJ) personalities are known to be hard workers who value being in charge. One of the biggest strengths for ESFJs is the ability to recognize problems and delegate to resolve them. They are also known to play hard and find joy in entertaining others. Generally speaking ESFJs “wear their hearts on their sleeves” and therefore are easily wounded and have a difficult time controlling their emotions. While this trait is a weakness for many ESFJs it is also a strength as actors and actresses use this to express emotions through acting (Human Metrics Inc., 1998-2016).... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- After completing the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Assessment, I learned that my personality type is ENTJ, and this type makes up about 4% of the U.S. population. Surprisingly, I found that some of the richest persons of the world like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Jim Carrey are ENTJ’s as well. To me, people having the ENTJ type are born to be leaders, for they know how to inspire people to follow their ideas, but they do not know how to essentially work with other people’s emotions. ENTJ stands for Extravert, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
700 words (2 pages)
- How many of you remember what the Myers-Briggs personality assessment is. (pause) It was one of the assessments we took back in September as part of this class. The results of the assessment are 4 letters that explain parts of your personality. How many of you remember what your personality type is. Today, I am going to give you an overview of the specific types and the benefits of understanding your own type. According to the official Myers-brigs website MBTIonline.com, published by CPPinc. 2016, Swiss psychologist Carl Jung first developed the idea of personality types.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Examining Financial Statements - Landry's Restaurants Financial statement users around the globe use financial statements to evaluate the performance of companies (Fundamentals of Financial Accounting, 2006). In order to locate a company’s reported assets, liabilities, expenses and revenues, statement users rely on four types of financial statements. The four financial statements include: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, and Statement of Cash Flows (Fundamentals of Financial Accounting, 2006, p.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Use of Language, Imagery, and Symbolism to Develop the Theme of To Be of Use In the minds of most people, the words, "hard work" and "heavy labor" carry a negative connotation. What these words imply is not something that is generally welcomed with enthusiasm but is often accepted either by force or obligation. Marge Piercy's poem "To Be of Use" conveys an opposing connotation about the idea of work. The central theme of the poem is that satisfaction, gratification, and self-fulfillment can be attained by using one's capabilities to serve a functional purpose in life, for it is the opinion of the speaker that an idle existence has no value or significance b... [tags: To Be of Use]
1171 words (3.3 pages)