What type of garden is the best fit for you? Do you have room in a large backyard, limited space, or no yard at all? A thriving garden is possible in any one of these scenarios. If you have very limited space, you will want to consider a container garden planted in small planters possibly on a deck. If you have plenty of room and do not mind losing some yard space, give a traditional ground-level garden a try. The size is fully adjustable to your preferences. Let’s focus on getting a traditional ground level garden started in the yard.
Where do you want to grow your garden? Evaluate your location. There are a few important things to consider in your location choice. Your garden needs sunlight to survive and thrive. Just like your cell phone needs to recharge on electricity to operate, your garden needs sunlight to grow. Pick a location that gets the most sunlight. The antithesis of sun is none other than rain; however, rain is essential too. Observe how the yard drains water. You want to chose a location that will get rain but will also drain well. Ponds of water in your garden will drown your plants. There’s no life preserver to toss them, so plan ahead to avoid this catastrophe. Now that you’ve chosen a location t...
... middle of paper ...
...orrect depth and with proper space from neighboring plants. This will help produce a strong, thriving plant. A professional gardener often will add a little compost to each hole when planting. It gives the plant a burst of nutrients to its roots right away which helps it to take hold in the soil. A second tip would be to label each planting with a labeled popsicle stick. It’s important to know what plant is what. Now, water that garden with an even, spread-out soaking. Remember, the goal is to deeply water but not over water. If you see ponding, then stop.
Congratulations, you have successfully planted your first garden! Sit back, take a deep breath, enjoy a cold beverage, and reflect on the good work that you have begun. Enjoy the journey and keep at it. In just a few months, you will be ready to enjoy your first fresh vegetables that you grew with your own hands!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The plants you buy from the nursery are young plants and are nowhere near the size that they will be when they mature. When it comes to container gardening, you can begin with seeds or plants. Many gardeners prefer to get a head start by using established plants. If you live in an area with a short growing season, plants are the best option. Especially for foods that are slow growing. Quick growing items such as lettuce, can be grown directly from seed. Know how your vegetable grows before you place it in the pot.... [tags: container, vegetables, weather]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Starbucks: The Best Coffee Around I could not survive without coffee. Starbucks is one of the few coffee companies who give their customers the service they deserve. Founded in late 1987 by Gordon Bowker, Zev Siegl, and Jerry Baldwin Starbucks aim was to become the best coffee company around the world. These men first started the company in the city of Seattle, Washington but now have thousands of locations. Throughout the years, more people found out about the company as stores spread.... [tags: customers, traditions]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- There are an endless amount of careers to choose from and figuring out which career path to take is not always easy. There is a lot that goes into figuring out which career is the best fit for you. Just like writing a research paper, there is a lot of planning and research that goes into making sure you acquire the most accurate information as possible and learn as much as you can about that area of interest. According to Prout (2015a), research is necessary to get a general idea about the job you will be doing such as job duties, job qualifications, the type of working environment it is and related occupations (p.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Hockey, a game of “finger skating at war” is exhilarating and pumps a rush of adrenaline throughout your body from, puck drop till the fat lady sings. With the fast paced game and probably that hardest sport to keep up with, especially in a Broadcast perspective, NHL has a gift that no other sport has. Out of all broadcasters in all sports, NHL’s own Mike Emrick, Emmy award winning announcer, is the best fit for hockey. For Emrick it started at a young age, and it wasn 't trying on skates. Mike Emrick growing up, fell in love with hockey as a teenager watching the minor league team in Indiana.... [tags: Olympic Games, Ancient Olympic Games]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- The city’s gardens are an immense oasis with a variety of flowers, trees, and bushes. In the spring and summer, the sun often shines warmly on the garden’s visitors. The guests wander down miles of wide cobblestone paths that lead between the brightly colored plants. The garden has a few very popular and beautiful sections. The individual gardens considered the most spectacular are the tulips courtyard, the rose garden, and the exotic plants hothouse. A visitor is encouraged to plan on spending several hours in the gardens, so that they are able to spend time in all of the most popular smaller gardens.... [tags: Gardening, Garden, Plant, Botany]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- When it came time to start looking for a college, I had many on my list but I found College of Charleston Honors to be the best fit for me. I came in as declared marine biology major because I knew that this would be the best way for me to take on exploring the oceans. However, I would soon find out that I was wrong. I began a volunteer dive program that works in the Great Oceans Tank at the South Carolina Aquarium to continue my passion of working in aquariums after an internship my senior year at Riverbanks Zoo’s Aquarium.... [tags: Oceanography, Ocean, Hydrothermal vent, Sea]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- I want my education to be meaningful and something to enrich the lives of others. My hopes are to be set on the path where, through real-world experiences, service trips, and relationships with students and faculty, I can be allowed to experiment with different types of organizations and discover what to expect in the field to find the best fit for me. I learned that a big key to becoming the kind of teacher I want to become is to be selfless. Teachers have such pure hearts and are always sacrificing their own needs in the place of better the circumstances of someone else.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Student, Want]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Depending on which position the leader of my initiative would be in, there are definitely requirements on the part of the DHS. The best fit for my plan is for a case manager to be in charge of this section of family services. They will be the lead individual on the team and need to coordinate between everyone involved in the FSP process. A failure to do so would result in a breakdown in communication and families would eventually suffer if not receiving needed help. Additional Team Members Ideally with my plan, at risk youth would straighten up at home, school, etc.... [tags: Police, Crime, Constable, Sheriff]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Even though it is not a subject regularly discussed in conversations, it can be extremely simple to fuel a debate on whether or not a large or small college is the best fit. Personally, I believe that a small college would be the wiser choice for a freshman 's first experience into college. Attending a large college can easily place one into a very uncomfortable situation. First, he will have a more difficult experience acquainting himself with 4,000 students than he would in a college that only had 1,500 enrolled.... [tags: High school, College, University, Secondary school]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Choosing the best fit depends on many factors, but keys to look for in potential vendors include whether they work well with internal teams and are willing to involve them deeply in the development process. This will ensure that the staff can take over after the platform build with a good working knowledge of how everything works. The vendor should specialize in customizations and integrations because these are critical in today 's rapidly evolving business markets where small conveniences and better user experiences more often determine where customers go to buy products than the traditional B2B monitors like pricing, brand loyalty and personal relationships with a company or members of its... [tags: Team, Project management, Management, Company]
767 words (2.2 pages)