The first thing is to re-examine your interest, your goals, your aim, and your qualifying skills.
2. What employment trends are occurring in today’s workplace?
Media skills, technological experts, data collection, and media communications all with computer knowledge.
3. Using the web, where should job candidates look in addition to searching the big job board sites?
Personally networking and referrals from friends, business associates, newspapers, agencies, and other sources.
4. What are some tips you should follow to ensure a safe and effective online job search?
1. Don’t use personal information, 2. Use separate email account, 3. Post your information privately, 4. Don’t add your references, 5. Use reputable sites,6. Keep records on all sites that you are posting your search on.
5. What is a customized résumé, and why should you have one?
A customized resume help you to communicate exactly what the employer needs to them, it specifier the very areas that the employers is looking to fill.
It is important to have a customized resume because, in this age, everything is about branding, in order to sell yourself you must be a brand that someone wants, and a customized resume is one of those things that will help you to sell yourself.
6. What is a chronological résumé, and what are its advantages and disadvantages? How does it differ from a functional résumé?
Chronological is used most of the times now, it deals with objects, and career, it deals with work history and experience in the order of most resent to past, best used by people already Functional, recent graduate, focuses on your skills, abilities and experience
7. Describe a summary of qualifica...
... middle of paper ...
7. How should you respond to questions you feel are inappropriate or illegal?
You can chose to answer if you feel safe, you can redirect the question, or you can tell the interviewer you are not comfortable answering the question
8. What kinds of questions should you ask during an interview?
What will my duties be? , who will be my manager? Can I do a walkthrough of the facility?, what training will I have?, what is your employee turn over rate? Am I require to travel? What do you like about working here?
9. List the steps you should take immediately following your job interview.
As soon as you leave make notes of all that was said, height on the main ideas that was discussed, the names of all the people who interviewed you analyzed your strength and weakness, write down your follow up plan, who to send a thank you letter to, and how to contact the employer
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- By now you should be discussing price. Let them know your first order will be small as this is standard for your company when first doing business with a new manufacturer. If they are serious, they should be ready for the sample stage. Once they have answered all of my questions, I then ask for a sample. Once again, they will try to get you to pay for a sample, which at that point you should tell them you don’t pay for samples. Some of your manufactures won’t respond which is fine. Others will give you all the reasons why you should pay for a sample.... [tags: If You Have to Ask, Need, Trademark, Want]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- IB Students would like to know more about CPR or skills because they are all rounded students as they have all the skills needed to help people. Some who is knowledgeable would like to help with CPR or know this skills because a knowledgeable person/skill is something(one) who likes to have knowledge about a lot of things. They also want to have the knowledge of different disciplines and helping someone is a type of discipline each person should have in their lives as they need to respect every life and help people in need.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, First aid, Mind]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- In this recent time, too many job seekers stumble through interviews as if the questions are coming out from blue moon. Though, any types of questions should be expected in interviews in any given circumstances. Study this 15 possible interview questions and answers to be successful at job interviews below and plans your interview answers on time so that you 'll be prepared to answer the questions with confidence. Also, be prepared to discuss your strengths, experience and desired salary range. Practice your answers out loud before the big day.... [tags: Question, Interview, Why Are You Looking Grave?]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- “Definition of indentured servant, you work for accommodations and food.” (Arian Foster, Get schooled Netflix documentary). This definition could also describe a college athlete. College athletes have been making the NCAA millions of dollars for decades. All the athletes want is money to help them get by in school, but because we are not paying them they leave for the pros as soon as they can. So now these kids are not getting the education they should, but instead are just trying to make money.... [tags: Should College Athletes Be Paid?]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- • What should you do. First, I will remain calm and compose myself and then I would make a phone call to Mr. Jim to know what’s going on and why did he switch to the other accounting firm. • How can you arrange to learn the reasons for the defection. I would set up a meeting where I can meet Mr. Jim personally and discuss the defection. This way of learning the reasons for the defection is very effective. Through this way, I can give a personal touch to the customer’s complaint and explain my company’s reasons, if any to them.... [tags: Employment, Better, Customer, Pleading]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- After 30 years of marijuana use being subject to such harsh penalties and unreasonable consequences, the world has not yet to agree on the truth about marijuana. I feel that it is a very controversial issue in this day and age with very strong and supportive arguments on both sides of this issue. The issue has caused a lot of political feuds, and it also has increased conflicts between many state governments and the federal governments. I feel marijuana is here to stay, and it is about time the government learns that also.... [tags: medical pot should be legalized, argumentative ess]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- First Time Homebuyer The first thing to do when you're going to buy your first home is to go right ahead and be pre qualified for a loan. In order to do this you need to sit down with your lender and learn about the different types of loans. Together you and your lender can come up with the best loan for you. The main three are FHA, VA, and Conventional loans. FHA loans limit you to an $118,750.00 buying power. But, the bank is more lenient on slow credit and you can use 100% gift funds.... [tags: Buying House First Time Directions Essays]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Questions of Gender in Shakespeare's As You Like It Throughout history, men and women have been assigned specific roles to which society prescribes standards and qualifications. There are certain tasks that have been traditionally completed only by men, and others that have been assigned to women; most of which are separated by the realm of the domestic sphere. During the period of the Renaissance, men and women were assigned very different roles within society. The value, social expectations, legal status, and rights of citizenship differed greatly between the sexes as well as among the classes.... [tags: Shakespeare As You Like It Essays]
1940 words (5.5 pages)
- Rosalind and the Masks In this essay I would like to focus on Rosalind's - or rather Ganymede's - preoccupation with the outward show of things. Whether this is a result of her cross-dressing, the reason for the same, or the playwright's way of revealing his presence is not as yet clear to me, but Rosalind's constant insistence on the truth of masks and on the other hand her readiness to doubt this same truth fascinates me. When she decides to dress up as a boy, Rosalind seems to think a mannish outside sufficient to convince the world at large (I.iii.111-118).... [tags: Shakespeare As You Like It Essays]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Deconstruction of Thank You, Ma’am There are a million acts of kindness each day. Some young man gives a stranger a compliment, or a teacher brightens a students morning. But, in the world we live in today, these acts are rare to come by. In this short story Thank You, Ma’am, the boy, out of mysterious luck, gets taken in by the woman whom he was trying to steal a purse from. Her actions, following the incident towards the boy, may have seemed very kind and understanding, but the boy needs a more solid way of punishment.... [tags: Thank You, Ma’am]
710 words (2 pages)