Scientists have had many theories for what happened to the dinosaurs. Like a big meteor crashed into the ground and killed a bunch of them: then the plants died, causing the herbivore’s to die; then when the herbivores died with the carnivores following after them. “One of the most common extinction theories is that an asteroid 4-9 miles (10 km) wide struck the earth on the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula, in the Gulf of Mexico dealing the dinosaurs a fatal blow.” Or scientists say that they all have evolved into birds. The scientist also think maybe diseases might have killed of the dinosaurs. Scientists say that as the Cretaceous period went on more and more land bridges were appearing. So the oceans were drying, and dinosaurs were able to walk across land they used to not be able to walk on. As the dinosaurs walked across these land bridges, looking for food, they would find ancestors from when the world was one. Now with the land bridges, there was more than dinosaurs going across these land bridges. The dinosaurs walking across brought the diseases they had inside them with them. They were immune to the diseases they had, bought the other dinosaurs they find weren't. So they all passed diseases to each other and possibly killed each other. “In most cases disease in a species is not...
... middle of paper ...
...rrors in the bible. Yes that ticks people off (especially me) but we can’t say for sure. Maybe it’s our fault for being hindered with the ability to argue, and not believe things without proof. Maybe we need to change our ways. But is that going to happen? So until that time when some sort of event reveals us the answer, we will never be for sure.
Trexler, D. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://library.thinkquest.org/C005824/extinction.html
Ham, K. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs
Ken Ham. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/1999/11/05/dinosaurs-and-the-bible
Deem, R. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/dinosaurs.html
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.creationtoday.org/dinosaurs-in-the-bible/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many arguments over what happened to the dinosaurs. Scientist have one theory and religions have others. Scientist mainly believe that what killed the dinosaurs was a massive meteor. Religions, however, have theories that say everything from bloodshed and disease to Noah’s ark and a massive flood. In my opinion, the scientific theories seem more realistic and believable. This paper is going to discuss the theories and evidence that science provides and also the theories and evidence that religion provides.... [tags: natural disasters, history of our planet]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- There has been a debate about what happened to the dinosaurs since they were discovered. There are many thoughts of what happened to the dinosaurs, the two main theories behind the extinction are scientific and religious. Proof for both theories do exist and debates between scientists are still going on to which one really happened. It is a mystery as much for Evolutionists as it is for Creationists about the extinction of the dinosaurs. The fossil record of dinosaurs was poorly know for a long period of time.... [tags: Scientific Evidence, Religious Conviction]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- There's always been a dispute between science and religion. It's something that can't be helped, and they are the same in many ways. Most people don't see why they have to fight all the time over who's right and who's wrong. When it comes to things like the dinosaurs, theres going to be some kind of tussle because no one really knows what happened to them. The religious view points toward Adams sin being the reason the dinosaurs were wiped out. The scientific point of view is that there was a cataclysmic asteroid impact that made them go extinct.... [tags: history of the earth and its inhabitants]
709 words (2 pages)
- In Theory, there a infinitely many possibilities of what really happened to the dinosaurs. Every scientist, and every religious group say they have an idea of what really happened. But how can we tell whether they are wrong or right. We can’t. We can only make a guess, or believe what we want to believe. Religious people have their beliefs and the scientist have their beliefs too. We, ourselves have to decide on which ones we want to believe. Scientists have had many theories for what happened to the dinosaurs.... [tags: history of the earth and its inhabitants]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- “...99.9 per cent of all [species] that have ever existed are now extinct.” (Benton 1) After one hundred and sixty million years of domination, the reign of the dinosaurs ended in fire and ice. Sixty five million years ago, the largest volcanoes in the history of the Earth erupted across what is now India, effectively annihilating the dinosaurs by spewing out noxious gas and ash, that effectively blocked out the sun killing off most vegetation and breaking the food chain, leaving the dinosaurs to starve.... [tags: eath history, dinosaurs ]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- Dinosaur stress: Stress on the dinosaurs is a possible solution for their extinction. This theory was first thought up by Heinrch K. Erben when he found that the shell thickness of a certain type of dinosaur species decreased as time went on. It was thought that the warm climate and good habitats in the Cretaceous period could have caused over population of dinosaurs, thus an increase of stress on the dinosaurs would develop. Stress is known to cause hormonal imbalances in modern day birds and lizards, so this could have happened to female dinosaurs.... [tags: Animal Research ]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- How dinosaurs went extinct. Seeing as how people always have their eye on the future it’s hard to know our past, for an example with dinosaurs. What exactly happened to them is a mystery; we know that they are extinct but how exactly. There are many types of theories out there like the Asteroid Impact theory, the possibility of the climate changing, and the thought out volcano eruption idea but which of these is accurate. There is more proof to support the impact theory overall and is highly considered to be more accurate among most scientists.... [tags: Dinosaur, Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event]
1398 words (4 pages)
- ... I would think that lots of animals died off because they didn't have much food or anything to live off of unless they started eating each other,that could of happened but we don't know for sureHere is more on what I said before in the last paragraph not all the animals died,in fact lots of animals survived because most of the animals back then where flying animals like birds and other flying animals. Then you have all the ground moles and things that and all the animals that where under the ground.To say that mammals survived the extinction doesn’t do justice to the history of life either.... [tags: biblical explanation, scientific view, asteroid]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Theories of the Extinctions of the Dionsaurs: Dinosaurs became extincted 65 million years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, something so devastating that it altered the course of life on earth. It seems like it happened so sudden, as geologic time goes, that almost all the dinosaurs living on earth disappeared. So how did these dominant creatures just die off. Was it a slow extinction, or did it happen all of the sudden. These questions bring rise to many different beliefs on how the dinosaur disappeared over 65 million years ago.... [tags: essays research papers]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- The Link Between Dinosaurs and Birds There have been many recent discoveries pertaining to the finding of dinosaurs. However, there has never been a link between dinosaurs and birds at least not like this before. There has been a discovery in China of a remarkable dinosaur with birdlike feathers on its hind legs and tail including others places. A man by the name of Henry Gee has been researching this topic since 1996 and has come up with new discoveries. This four-winged dinosaur has fueled debate over evolution of airborne birds.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
859 words (2.5 pages)