Most people don't see why they have to fight all the time over who's right and who's wrong. When it comes to things like the dinosaurs, theres going to be some kind of tussle because no one really knows what happened to them. The religious view points toward Adams sin being the reason the dinosaurs were wiped out. The scientific point of view is that there was a cataclysmic asteroid impact that made them go extinct. Both are similar because the dinosaurs were wiped out either way.
Scientists often think at times that the existence of dinosaurs and their demise is so shrouded in mystery, that people will never know what happened to them. According to Scientists dinosaurs first evolved around 235 million years ago, way before man evolved. No human being lived, when the dinosaurs were alive. The only way to get some clue about what they looked like and how they lived is all in the fossil layers under the earths surface. However, around 65 million years everything changed to cause the extinction of those wondrous animals. Most scientists think that an asteroid hit the earth and wiped them out. But there's a new theory, Professor Gerta Keller, who is also a Paleontologist wrote that, while her theory may not be as riveting as a massive space object hitting Earth, it answers the questions that she said didn't seem to fit in the “wipeout” theory thats been publicized since the early 1980s. The theory that's been branded into our minds was that a single asteroid involves the Chicxulub crater in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Keller's study involves much of the study of rock formations above and below the C...
... middle of paper ...
... sin, or a weather change isn't always worth it. Why cant we just except that they were wiped out, we are finding their remains, and that's that. So until scientists really figure out what happened to the dinosaurs, we just have to continue arguing and discovering more things about them. So how do you feel about what really happened to dinosaurs? Is the bible making it up that their were so called Dino’s back in the day or is it true and they were? Or is science trying to turn our heads with the known cataclysmic asteroid impact? All we can do is sit back and wait for the science or religion to come up with something more exciting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many arguments over what happened to the dinosaurs. Scientist have one theory and religions have others. Scientist mainly believe that what killed the dinosaurs was a massive meteor. Religions, however, have theories that say everything from bloodshed and disease to Noah’s ark and a massive flood. In my opinion, the scientific theories seem more realistic and believable. This paper is going to discuss the theories and evidence that science provides and also the theories and evidence that religion provides.... [tags: natural disasters, history of our planet]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- There has been a debate about what happened to the dinosaurs since they were discovered. There are many thoughts of what happened to the dinosaurs, the two main theories behind the extinction are scientific and religious. Proof for both theories do exist and debates between scientists are still going on to which one really happened. It is a mystery as much for Evolutionists as it is for Creationists about the extinction of the dinosaurs. The fossil record of dinosaurs was poorly know for a long period of time.... [tags: Scientific Evidence, Religious Conviction]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- There's always been a dispute between science and religion. It's something that can't be helped, and they are the same in many ways. Most people don't see why they have to fight all the time over who's right and who's wrong. When it comes to things like the dinosaurs, theres going to be some kind of tussle because no one really knows what happened to them. The religious view points toward Adams sin being the reason the dinosaurs were wiped out. The scientific point of view is that there was a cataclysmic asteroid impact that made them go extinct.... [tags: history of the earth and its inhabitants]
709 words (2 pages)
- In Theory, there a infinitely many possibilities of what really happened to the dinosaurs. Every scientist, and every religious group say they have an idea of what really happened. But how can we tell whether they are wrong or right. We can’t. We can only make a guess, or believe what we want to believe. Religious people have their beliefs and the scientist have their beliefs too. We, ourselves have to decide on which ones we want to believe. Scientists have had many theories for what happened to the dinosaurs.... [tags: history of the earth and its inhabitants]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- “...99.9 per cent of all [species] that have ever existed are now extinct.” (Benton 1) After one hundred and sixty million years of domination, the reign of the dinosaurs ended in fire and ice. Sixty five million years ago, the largest volcanoes in the history of the Earth erupted across what is now India, effectively annihilating the dinosaurs by spewing out noxious gas and ash, that effectively blocked out the sun killing off most vegetation and breaking the food chain, leaving the dinosaurs to starve.... [tags: eath history, dinosaurs ]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- Dinosaur stress: Stress on the dinosaurs is a possible solution for their extinction. This theory was first thought up by Heinrch K. Erben when he found that the shell thickness of a certain type of dinosaur species decreased as time went on. It was thought that the warm climate and good habitats in the Cretaceous period could have caused over population of dinosaurs, thus an increase of stress on the dinosaurs would develop. Stress is known to cause hormonal imbalances in modern day birds and lizards, so this could have happened to female dinosaurs.... [tags: Animal Research ]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- How dinosaurs went extinct. Seeing as how people always have their eye on the future it’s hard to know our past, for an example with dinosaurs. What exactly happened to them is a mystery; we know that they are extinct but how exactly. There are many types of theories out there like the Asteroid Impact theory, the possibility of the climate changing, and the thought out volcano eruption idea but which of these is accurate. There is more proof to support the impact theory overall and is highly considered to be more accurate among most scientists.... [tags: Dinosaur, Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event]
1398 words (4 pages)
- ... I would think that lots of animals died off because they didn't have much food or anything to live off of unless they started eating each other,that could of happened but we don't know for sureHere is more on what I said before in the last paragraph not all the animals died,in fact lots of animals survived because most of the animals back then where flying animals like birds and other flying animals. Then you have all the ground moles and things that and all the animals that where under the ground.To say that mammals survived the extinction doesn’t do justice to the history of life either.... [tags: biblical explanation, scientific view, asteroid]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Theories of the Extinctions of the Dionsaurs: Dinosaurs became extincted 65 million years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, something so devastating that it altered the course of life on earth. It seems like it happened so sudden, as geologic time goes, that almost all the dinosaurs living on earth disappeared. So how did these dominant creatures just die off. Was it a slow extinction, or did it happen all of the sudden. These questions bring rise to many different beliefs on how the dinosaur disappeared over 65 million years ago.... [tags: essays research papers]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- The Link Between Dinosaurs and Birds There have been many recent discoveries pertaining to the finding of dinosaurs. However, there has never been a link between dinosaurs and birds at least not like this before. There has been a discovery in China of a remarkable dinosaur with birdlike feathers on its hind legs and tail including others places. A man by the name of Henry Gee has been researching this topic since 1996 and has come up with new discoveries. This four-winged dinosaur has fueled debate over evolution of airborne birds.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
859 words (2.5 pages)