The average pay for veterinarians is high. The annual pay yearly for veterinarians is $87,590. However, this is just an average. If you first start this job your pay will be lower. The difference in the lowest ten percent and the highest ten percent is huge. The lowest ten percent earns less than $52,530 while the highest ten percent earns more than $157,390. This is a big difference you have to consider before choosing this career. However, veterinarians also work extra hours....
... middle of paper ...
...ll always be the good and the bad of each career. Researching the job is one way to learn what you actually want to do. Not only that, but shadowing someone in that career and doing work in that career can waver your decision. Once you know what you want to do in life, you have to look at the education needed. Some jobs don’t need college education while others do. Researching and getting into the details of each career will help you save money in college. Most students in college change their career because they don’t like that job. After spending so much money in classes, they have to spend more money in the new classes they need to take. Choosing a job is not an easy process. There will be times you hate your job and other times you will love it. No matter what job you do, you will only be stuck with the one career you choose to major in after you graduate college.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First, let's define "American Dream". "American Dream" is what you would consider a "perfect life." It can be full of happiness, money, love, food, cars, whatever you desire, everyone has a different opinion. One person’s American Dream may be totally different from someone else’s, that is what makes us all individuals. My American Dream would include a good job and lots of money, spare time for my family and I, and most importantly, healthiness. It seems that so often the subject of economic standing and wealth, are said synonymously with the phrase "The American Dream".... [tags: Defining The American Dream]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- DARE TO DREAM David Holmes competed for a chance to win Dream Job, a show where contestants compete each week against one another through a variety of challenges. On November 16, 2004, David Holmes won the contest and received a one-year contract with ESPN. He always dreamed of becoming a SportsCenter anchor and he never gave up on his dream. David Holmes is working today for one of the fastest growing networks in television. David Holmes had to take trivia tests and write essays for the audition of Dream Job.... [tags: Dare to Dream]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Since the start of the twentieth century America has attracted people all over the world to relocate and start a new life. For many coming to America was a chance for a better life and new things. They all had something in common, they all had a dream, that dream was the "American Dream". In the present day the desire to achieve the dream hasn't changed. However, the idea of the American Dream, brings up a lot of questions. What is the American Dream. Who defines it. Can it be achieved. Lastly, should everyone have a chance to achieve it.... [tags: Essay on the American Dream]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- The American Dream in Death of a Salesman, The Great Gatsby, and Maggie: A Girl of the Streets Millions of immigrants come to America each year to seek their American Dream. Many people believe that rising social mobility and success is possible in America for everyone due to the American social, economic, and political system.... [tags: American Dream Essays]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Since the beginning of time, people have always had one goal and that goal is to be happy. For some people, happiness is easy to obtain and for others, it is a work in progress. It can be argued that in order for the average person to be happy they must make the American dream of a cushy job/job security, a lot of money, a huge savings account with thousands of dollars, a trophy wife or husband, a big house with a two or three car garage and two or three well behaved children a reality. Ironically, there are those who have a different definition of the American dream that have absolutely nothing to do with the aforementioned but they still manage to live well and wake up in a good mood every... [tags: Happiness, Personal life, Luck, Eudaimonia]
2123 words (6.1 pages)
- To do what makes oneself happy. The American Dream is represented in many different ways and every person lives and chases a different version of the American Dream. Chris McCandless lived his American dream by walking alone into the wilderness of Alaska. The song written by Toby Keith, “American Soldier”, shows the price some pay for their dreams and ours to come true. Jay Gatsby died trying to acheive his dream and get the girl he loved, but died happy because he had pursued her until his death.... [tags: American Dream Essays]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- The American Dream is so important to our country and especially for our generation to take seriously. The American Dream is the opportunity to reach the goals one sets for themselves. It is about having your dream job and life you have always fantasized about. The dream is also about having freedom and equality. The American Dream was much easier to attain a few decades ago compared to today. However, it is still possible. The economy was better fifty years ago than it is today. People are in greater debt now and the United States is in higher debt than it was fifty years ago.... [tags: american dream, freedom, equality]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Accounting the Dream Job Ryan L. Linebaugh Angelo State University Abstract Accounting is often seen as a dense and lifeless field, but is considered by all the life blood of Corporate America. The purpose of accounting is to provide information about an economic substance transaction of a company or organization. Countries around the have become integrated with each other due to transactions involving an exchange between economic substance for a service or good. The parties that have a stake in each transaction must have access to the information necessary for assessing the economic status and performance of the organization that the transaction is progressing through.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- He’s twenty-five. Works at Adidas, an athlete dream job, who can get items at a discounted price. Knows ahead of time when items will be on sale and receives benefits as an employee of Adidas. He has been working at Adidas for the past 2 years, his salary depends on customers stating his name when an item is purchased. On average, he earns nine hundred dollars a month. My job is becoming stressful and holidays like Black Friday, isn’t the best way to spend it as an employee. I applied right before Christmas ended in 2013 and so did my friend.... [tags: Customer service, Sales, Customer, Black Friday]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- What is the American Dream, and who are the people most likely to pursue its often elusive fulfillment. Indeed, the American Dream has come to represent the attainment of myriad of goals that are specific to each individual. While one person might consider a purchased home with a white picket fence her version of the American Dream, another might regard it as the financial ability to operate his own business. Clearly, there is no cut and dried definition of the American Dream as long as any two people hold a different meaning.... [tags: Essays on the American Dream]
1960 words (5.6 pages)