Verbal communication is a signal for action commands to direct with authority; give an order. “Many owners believe the reason their animals will not respond to command is that they are ignoring the word”, states Kim Kilmer. I happen to differ. Dogs do communicate with their owner verbally by dog whispering. Some examples of the commands I will be speaking about, are sitting, staying, rollover and baby talk to animals. All animal lovers do it.
When people do not speak to their pets, they are speaking without knowing it; their pet is studying their mood and body movement. Unlike humans who have average 30,000 words vocabulary, their pet vocabulary is much smaller. Therefore, the best outcome is keeping your command to a minimum of 10-20 words” (e.g. sit and lay down)
Studies have shown the relationship between an owner and their pets are similar to a parent and child. Humans speak to their pets in a form of baby talk language, words such as “cooochie cooochie coo” and what a “good doggie”. In my own personal relationship with my late, French poodle “Peair”, as soon as his big brown eyes made contact with mine, my heart would melt. From the beginning, our hearts s...
... middle of paper ...
Lair, K. (2010). German Shepherds: How Dogs Communicate with Scent
Retrieved from http://kryptiks-lair.tripod.com/id12.html
Miklosi, A., & TopaŁ, J.,& CsaŁny,V. (2007). Big Thoughts in Small Brains? Dogs as a model for Understanding Human Social Cognition. Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology, 18(5), 467-469. Retrieved from http://www.mtapi.hu/userdirs/26/Publikaciok_Topal/MiklosietalNeuroRep2007.pdf
Owen, P. (2010). Dog Whisper Training Methods. Complete Guide to Responsible Dog Ownership Retrieved from: http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/dog-whisperer.html
Shwarts, Scott. (2008). Dog-Human Relationship & Communications [Internet]. Version 4. Knol. Retrieved May 23 from: http://knol.google.com/k/scott-shwarts/dog-human-relationship-communications.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- End of the late 80s. Russia is at the turning point of it’s history. Everything around transforms into something new: the political structure, the lifestyle, and the way of thinking. At these new times people get opportunity to read books, which had been only passed under the cloud of a night before. One of those books is Bulgakov’s Heart of a Dog. Almost immediately after the book’s publication, director Vladimir Bortko makes a screen version of Heart of a Dog. It is considered one of the best adaptations of Bulgakov’s works, and is widely praised in public.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Russia, World History]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Behind the Bag: Commercial Dog Food As I began my employment as a PetSupermarket sales associate, I had not a clue of what I would come to learn about pet food. PetSupermarket is a pet store dedicated to contributing to the health of pets. They stick to the sale of premium pet food, foods with no harmful additives or preservatives. I was naïve about pet food before my employment, but through the countless seminars and interactions with pet food representatives, I became extremely conscious of what I should be feeding my pets, and unfortunately what I used to feed my pets.... [tags: grocery manufacturers, petsupermarket]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Green Grass, Powerful Women White culture misinterpreted, ridiculed and even outlawed native beliefs. Natives, in turn were forced to live according to the absurdities of the white man. In Green Grass Running Water, King portrays these absurdities through four old Indians and a coyote that are trying to fix the world. This task becomes very difficult for them, when the Christian God appears and messed everything up. Now they are confused and the world is in chaos. King shows how illogical and foreign the natives found the Christian religion; especially in it’s views on Women’s inequality.... [tags: essays papers]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- What has four legs and an arm. A happy pit bull. What happens when you cross a pit bull with a collie. A dog who bites your leg off, then goes for help. Contrary to tasteless jokes and public opinion, it is not the breed of dog that makes a dog dangerous, rather it is the owner of a dog that makes dogs dangerous. But, let’s face it, there are certain dog breeds that demand their owners be aware of negative opinion; and it is the owners’ primary responsibility to implement careful training and socialization of their pups in order to bring an understanding and acceptance of the breed by the general public.... [tags: dog owners, pets, ]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- I think we can admit that everyone has wanted or had a pet, but we never just sat down and thought about what having a dog really means. It’s not like a movie where everything is done for you, but having one is not really hard to take care and it’s not a walk in the park either. The things you have to do to take care of a dog are very simple but also are forgetful. Everyone know that when you get a dog when it’s a newborn they will need to be taken to the veterinarian for the shots and to make sure there legal you will have to have papers on them.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Human, If You Have to Ask]
707 words (2 pages)
- Rashi attributes the command of throwing meat to dogs and feeding a stray dog on Shabbat, but not to any other animal, as the gratitude that we must always show because of the good deed that the dogs performed during this time of the tenth plague. Maimonides made known his ruling that raising any dog is forbidden, “unless it is secured by chains.” The Talmud cites Rabbi Natan, who contends that raising an “evil dog” in the home violates the biblical prohibition not to “place blood in your home.” What constitutes an “evil dog.... [tags: Pet, Dog, Dogs, Property]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- It’s just another night and you’re sitting at home. The news is talking about the same old thing another rehab celebrity and the T.Vv shows are old replays. You call out your dog’s name, “Kenzie” and here comes your lazy old Shitzu walking into the room with her favorite toy. This is your one friend for life that you had adopted in Spencer, Iowa about 4 years ago; she’ll always be there for you whether: bored, tired, mad, or depressed. We’ve all been there, those nights with nothing to do and no one to hang around with. Rather than being alone, a pet would always be there to keep you company.... [tags: Dog, Pet, English-language films, Cat]
710 words (2 pages)
- Genetic diversity in Canidae General Introduction into Genetics of the Domestic Dog The domestic dog (Canis familiaris) came from a common ancestor about ten million years ago (Vilà, Maldonado, & Wayne, 1999). Presently there are more than 400 breeds of dogs, with 152 recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Most modern breeds have existed less than 400 years (Parker et al., 2004). It was in the in the second half 19th century that breed clubs and breed standards and the practice of ‘inbreeding and selection’ to maintain ‘purebred’ lines began as well (Gubbels, 2002; Parker et al., 2004).... [tags: Dog, Dog breed, Bulldog, Purebred]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Whether you are a new dog owner or a seasoned owner, there are many myths throughout the years believed as facts regarding dogs. Many originated in truths becoming woven In dispelling these myths Here are some of the most common misconceptions about dogs – and the facts. 1. One dog year is equal to seven human years This is an easy calculation due to simply multiplying the dogs years. However, many other factors need to be considered. Dogs seem to mature at an earlier age, then slow down over the years.... [tags: Dog, Neutering, Allium, Dog health]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Species Information The domestic dog, Canis familiaris, is a quadrupedal mammal which is a member of the Canidae family. Dogs are said to be the first animal species to be domesticated, which is estimated to have taken place at the end of the last ice age around 15,000 years ago (CLUTTON *3). Dogs are derived from the domestication of the gray wolf, and nowadays there are hundreds of different breeds of domestic dog (AZ). In terms of distribution, although the wild gray wolf population is found in the northern hemisphere, domestic dogs are spread worldwide, living with humans in a variety of environments.... [tags: Dog, Gray Wolf, Canidae, Toy dog]
1604 words (4.6 pages)