Before beginning to pursue relationships, one must first find a friend who is compatible, and has similar interests. A similar interests will keep a relationship from being awkward by providing things to do together. This person may be in a mutual class, or group, that the reader attends. Often the reader admires this person and secretly wishes they would notice them, even if there are no romantic interests. However, even if this person is in compatible, the character of the person must be tested.
The next thing that is important to do, is observe the character of the potential best friend. Character is what shapes a person, and without it, people are boring. A person with a strong personality is not always a good match for a person with a soft or “push-over” type of personality. However, these two may be perfectly good friends, it is important to judge the character of the other person before plunging into relationship, even if the person claims to like to take orders.
Once a person with similar interests is found, then the reade...
... middle of paper ...
...t make him or her feel better about their worth, but only worse. Friendships that build the reader up are important, if this relationship does not build the reader up, go back to step one and start over. Friendships are a lot of work, but they also have a lot of benefits.
Finally the reader can experience friendship at its fullest. Through this essay the reader learns how he or she should pursue friendships and the steps to take in order to do so. From small talk to great adventures together, friendship can be a whirlwind of fun or an emotional drain and a failure. Be careful to choose friends that have similar interests and treat the reader in such a way that he or she feels better about him or herself and not worse. Friendship can be the difference between crying in a pillow, or crying on a shoulder, and it should be approached with the utmost care and commitment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the book Dracula by Bram Stoker, he portrays the good characters as people who would wilfully go out of their way to help people without expecting anything in return. Some examples of this would be Dr. Van Helsing and his friends and people who try to help Lucy get back to normal. An example of why Van Helsing is so good is that when Dr. Seward asked him to come help Lucy when she was sick, he stopped whatever work he was doing and went to help Dr. Van Helsing was a vital part in helping to stop Dracula because he was an expert on Vampires.... [tags: Dracula, Bram Stoker, good, characters,]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- The Contrariety Of Two Friends Everyone has friends. Some are so alike that it is shocking. They seem to walk, talk and even eat the same. But others are so very different that it is an absolute wonder that they can even stand each other, let alone be friends. That is how it is in the friendship of Sandra and Nancy. They differ in everything from their views on cleaning, their views on fun and even in their views on religion. The two girls are the best of friends but they are very different, even in the views on how they clean.... [tags: Compare Contrast Friends Friendship Essays]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- When I think about what makes someone a good friend, I think about all the characteristics of my own friends. My personal definition of a friend, is someone who is always looking out for me, and will help me if I’m in trouble. A friend has to be someone I trust and who trusts me in return. Another important characteristic in a friend is someone who I can talk to, and makes me laugh. One of the most important traits of a friend, is someone who will help you if you need it. One personal experience I had with this was when my friends, Mark, Steve, and I we all out driving around late at night.... [tags: Friendship Essays]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- The cause of most problem in our society, such as, but not limited to, divorce, suicide, and obesity are often thought to trace back to big problems such as deficiency, misery, or stress but researchers suggest we are overlooking something crucial: friendship. Aristotle, a philosopher, once said, “In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. They keep the young out of mischief; they comfort and aid the old in their weakness, and they incite those in the prime of life to noble deeds” (Collingwood, 2006).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - A Personal Analysis “The more you get out of this book, the more you’ll get out of life.” This is the claim that Dale Carnegie makes in reference to his book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. Carnegie proposes that there are four main ideas that one should use when dealing with people: 1) Know how to handle people, 2) Make people like you, 3) Win people to their way of thinking, and 4) Be a leader. These skills are essential not only in being a good manager, but also in dealing with people in day to day life.... [tags: Win Friends Influence People Essays]
2463 words (7 pages)
- It was during my 9th grade year that, I’ve learn sometimes in life you won’t succeed. It was toward the end of fall semester, that our teacher Mrs. Ellis assign us a topic about how something affects our life. I couldn’t figure out, how to write a personal topic like that, so I went online and search for guidance, or ideas about the topic Mrs. Ellis assign for the class. It wasn’t until I stumble upon an essay written by a guy named Andrew. He wrote a paper over the outcome of life and how life can change unexpectedly, now before I read the paper I thought that a good life was easy to achieve as long as that person works hard.... [tags: High school, Writing, Educational years]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- During my 9th grade year, I’ve learn that sometimes in life you won’t succeed, but you should never give up on your dreams. Towards the end of fall semester, our teacher Mrs. Ellis assigns us a topic about how something affects our life. I couldn’t figure out, how to write a personal topic like that, so I went online and search for guidance, or ideas about the topic Mrs. Ellis assign for the class. There was an essay written by a guy named Andrew, that I stumbled upon. He wrote a paper over the outcome of life and how life can change unexpectedly, now before I read the paper I imagined that a good life was easy to achieve as long as that person works hard.... [tags: High school, Writing, Educational years]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Different and Similar friends Some people prefer to have friends who are different from them and some prefer to have friends who are similar to them. Which do you prefer. According to chemistry-students, second year, RUPP, many like to have friends for their studying. Some students prefer to make friends who are similar to them and some think that the friends who they like are different from them. There are many reasons that cause those people want to choose persons who they want to be friend. On the one hand, making friends is to think about the age sometimes.... [tags: social issues]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- Through my experiences I have come to realize that there are basically three types of friends a person can have. There are friends that I call “sometimes” friends, these people appear to be your friend but only when you are face to face with them, and when you are not around them they act more like a foe. They are often referred to as two faced or a back stabber. These types of friends are not very reliable nor should they be trusted. Another type of friend a person can have, and the best kind, is a “true” friend.... [tags: essays research papers friendship relationships]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Friends are the pearls of our life. This word bears its great meaning only to those who could understand the greatness of its meaning. Its some thing sacred, it needs to be cherished and build up for many years with much care. Goran Stojanov once said, "One should always take care when making a choice of a friend-as the friends are the ones you pick by yourself." My opinion is a bit different than Gorans, I prefer to say, "Friends come and go, but with the precious few we shall live our lives happily." I specially agree that friends come in to our life spontaneously.... [tags: Personal Essays]
607 words (1.7 pages)