Theodore Roethke once wrote in his poem “In dark times, the eyes begin to see” (Roethke). His quote meant that, when we are in the toughest time of life and there is no hope, that’s when we begin to realize how important life is to us. In life, we face a lot of troubling’s and difficult circumstances that we are unable to prevent them. But it happens so that we may learn from them to better our life due to the impact it might have on us and through that, we become educated people in the society.
As we could see in Khaled Hosseini’s novel “The Kite Runner”, an Afghan character named Amir Jan decides to visit his Hometown to fix the mistakes and the pain he had caused in the life 's of those who stood up for him during his time of need. Due to the guilt he felt during his childhood, after watching his childhood friend get sexually assaulted by Assef and losing his mother during birth, had made Amir to blame himself for the cause of these problems. Amir tries to overcome his guilt by asking for forgives from his childhood friend Hassan and also from his father for the loss of his Mother during birth by helping his friend 's son named Sohrab. During his Journey, Amir begins to learn the truth about his family from outsiders and other things he wasn 't informed when he was a kid. He realizes that, he had being betrayed and lied by his father’s selfishness of not informing him about having a brother. Due to this, Amir has become aware of the truth about his family and he regrets the mistake he had done to himself, after seeing his brother get raped by Assef. Due to this, Amir has become aware of his mistakes and he’s become an educated person.
Amir’s visit to Afghanistan was a journey to redempti...
... middle of paper ...
...come the situations in life that might be a burden to us, pulling us into the pit of darkness. But when we stand on our feet and decide a way to overcome them, we begin to feel at peace with ourselves. We could see one of the characters in the Novel "The Kite Runner” who tries to overcome the guilt that had haunted him throughout his life, had made him to seek for redemption and forgiveness after ruining and betraying the lives of people who stood up for him in time of need. Due to this, Amir had learned how to forgive himself and others helping him overcome the life of lies he had been through his childhood. This has made Amir to become a wiser person because, he had learned the truth about his family and realizes what his father told him was a lie. Through this, I realize that we all been educated throughout the situation we face in life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When asked what an educated person is, several people would probably think of someone who has had many years of schooling or maybe someone like a doctor, lawyer, or teacher. Others might say one doesn’t need a college degree to be educated. But is the term “an educated person” limited to those who have a plaque hanging on the wall. Truth be told, the answer is no. An illustration of an educated person can range from Einstein, to people who have worked at the same company for 40 years, to someone who has a doctorate, as well as the farmer who has been farming his land since he was a little boy with his grandpa.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Education, School]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- Imagine you’re not feeling well and you decide to head to the doctor’s office for an appointment with your family physician. You arrive early and you’re sitting in the waiting room waiting for your name to be called, as you wait you sit back and look at all the activity surrounding you. The receptionists are answering the phones and greeting the patients, the nurses are taking the patients to their exam rooms, taking their vital signs, weights and concerns, the physicians are going in and out of the patient rooms.... [tags: Critical thinking, Management, Thought]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- A Liberal Education Makes an Educated Man or Woman The idea of a liberal education is what universities are moving towards. A liberally educated person is someone whom is educated in many different areas other than their major area of study. Colleges encompass a liberal education in their curriculum by including a liberal studies program. A liberal studies program requires certain courses, and various electives outside a student’s major. The reason for these required classes is to broaden the minds of the students, so they can tolerate different views and understand the behaviors of different people they may encounter in their lives.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
623 words (1.8 pages)
- There are many different levels on which us humans have the ability to function. From, the lowest, being in a coma all the way up to an intelligent person, who is well educated. Can our ability to reason be the only determining factor in whether or not we possess personhood. What about those amongst us who do not have that ability. Does that mean that they don’t have moral worth. It depends on whom you ask. Some believe that there is a big distinction between being human and being a person.... [tags: philosophical analysis]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- An over-arching concern within history has been man’s search for meaning, to find his or her place in the world. This idea has taken many twists and turns has its influence upon literature. The need to relate this journey in simple and coherent terms it has often taken the form of some other visual clue that leads the character to an epiphany. If this extra sensory vision leads one to a new level of knowing what is its cost. Friends. Family. Isolation. Eastern thought seeks enlightenment and states, that after achieving it, one sees the world in a whole new light.... [tags: Knowledge, Truth, Cupid, Plato]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- America is at a time in its history where it is drastically changing the way history was thought to follow. That being said the people of the 21st century have been at the cusp of all of the changes, change can be a way to create an environment that welcomes people. However within America these changes have been mainly for the better. And within the next 40 years the us is going to create steps for the educated citizen to make a better informed decision about how they are going to help other people within the states that are going to be discriminated against.... [tags: White people, Race, Black people, United Kingdom]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- Many students believe that doing well on tests and getting good grades is the equivalent to being intelligent and educated. While those attributes coincide with being knowledgeable, they are not the determining factors of whether or not a person is smart. Being “smart” comes from knowing information – information about matters such as science, cars, or cooking. (14) Everyone is smart in his or her own way. The ways by which people obtain information are different, but the same is true for all that they were taught in some way.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Knowledge]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- What makes a person and how are their personalities shaped. There are many things that come together to create a person’s character. One major factor, however, is their values; the things they hold dear and the rules they live their lives by. Values have a large effect on how we are creative and how we judge creativity. These values can also help create connections between individuals with common values and create new relationships. I personally possess many values that I hold dear and that affect my decisions from day to day.... [tags: Learning, Better, Education, Value]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Do You Have What it Takes. A Breakdown of the Educated Person An educated person is a well rounded person. To be educated is to knowledgeable in many areas. Diversity is essential in the sense that many different things inspire thought, which then derive permanent conclusions from these experiences. Anyone who has the audacity to call themselves educated needs to have a firm grasp of many different areas. These categories span through Science, Technology, Language, Art, Feelings and Values. All of these are building blocks that help make up an educated person, but just as important, these are the same qualities that form an individual.... [tags: essays research papers]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- After analyzing Alfie Kohn’s article; “What Does It Mean to Be Well-Educated?” I found this article very interesting. Society has often labeled many as well-educated and uneducated. Who gives Society the right to define who we are. According to the Free Dictionary, it gives one meaning of well-educated as “Possessing an education having more than average knowledge.”2. How can we define being educated verses’ being well-educated. Kohn insists “The Point of Schooling: Rather than attempting to define what it means to be well-educated, should we instead be asking about the purposes of education?” 1.... [tags: Social Studies]
995 words (2.8 pages)