Teachers have the ability to make a big change in the lives of their students; however, this also puts them in a position to work closely with parents, fellow teachers, and administration as well. This means that a teacher is expected to present themselves in a professional fashion while communicating, interacting, and collaborating with everyone involved in a student’s education. By doing this the teacher is able to demonstrate that they are highly qualified and capable of educate students in a way that reflects positively on the teacher and their skills. Moreover, this also helps to build trust and appreciation between students, teachers, families, faculty, and district; which is a key part of constructing a strong foundation in these developing relationships. Educators can do a lot of things in and out of the classroom that will help them strive for professionalism in their field.
If an individual wishes to show that they are a professional, then they need to dress and act the part. This means that a teacher should dress in a way that reflects positively on their le...
... middle of paper ...
...ing relationships with students, families, and faculty is beginning the relationship. For many it seems as though they are able to meet and warm up to people fairly quickly. However, there are a lot of people on the other side of the spectrum who dread meeting new people. I am like these people. It is not that I do not like new people, it is just difficult for me to start a conversation with someone I have never met before. Though regardless of how awkward the first conversation is for me with someone new, I am still able to build relationships with others rather swiftly. To work on this, I have started joining groups and clubs so that I can practice meeting people for the first time without feeling uncomfortable. This is an area I need a lot of work in, but I believe that by putting myself out there and meeting new faces, I will be able to overcome this obstacle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction What is teaching. What do we mean by quality education. What is the best way to motivate a child to reach their full potential. These are some of the questions that the effective teacher may ask themselves. In fact, much of the role of the modern teacher can be defined in the statement; Teaching – reflections, questions, decisions. These aspects are interwoven and iterative. Teachers need to reflect upon various policies, concepts and strategies. They need to ask the right questions and make the right decisions.... [tags: reflections, questions, devisions, teaching]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- Reflecting on the teaching process is what marks a teacher as being professional. It is about look at what happens in your classroom, looking at the implications of teachers actions with students, families and the community. It is an important skill for a teacher to have as it allows a teacher to see what areas they need to improve on. Through critical reflection, a teacher can assess the effectiveness of their teaching and take steps to improve it. During the Spring, 2014 semester, I collected observations on a preschool student and administered assessments that demonstrates my understanding and knowledge of accuracy and thoughtfulness of student observations and assessments.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Early childhood education]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- The person that I interviewed was named Diane R Wilson. Mrs. Wilson is a reading interventionist. she has worked with children for over 20 years. Her first 2 years were spent in pre-kindergarten where she later moved to grades k-4th. She now works at Diamond lake school for the past 13 years. Mrs. Wilson believes that what makes a good teacher is always learning new ways of teaching and knowing what works one day may not work the next. teaching is trial and error. children need to feel successful and become confident in order to succeed.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Assessment]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Within the life of every education, the expectation is that they are growing personally within their own lives and professions of which will assist them in reaching the lives of their student/learners effectively for the purposes of academic achievement. This growth is received through that activity on the part of the education within professional development. Within this assignment, this writer will conduct an assignment of which calls for the summary of four valuable resources in which he had studied concerning professional development.... [tags: education, professional development, mentoring]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Since the start of time people have entertained the world through different activities. The professional athletes have entertained us through back and forth games. Actors play characters on a big screen to make us laugh and cry. Musicians create feel good music that brighten the day when a nice song comes on. Without any entertainers the world would be dull and not fun at all. Some consider professional entertainers are allowed to have a humongous salary because they do their job better than anyone else.... [tags: Film, Entertainment, Actor, Professional sports]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- In the early years of education students were punished for things such as writing left-handed and speaking a language other than English in the class room. In the years since then there have been many changes and advances in the field of education. These changes include everything from how to treat students in the classroom, to what to teach students, and which students were deemed fit to be educated. Another area, in which this profession has undertaken growth and development, is the qualities that teacher need to possess in order for them to become more effective in the education of their students.... [tags: education]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Teacher bullying Teacher bullying is defined as a pattern of conduct, rooted in a power differential that threatens, harms, humiliates, induces fear in or causes students substantial emotional stress (McEvoy, 2014). Teachers who bully students have usually been bullied by former teachers. Teachers who bully their students do so because the building they are in does not have any protocols in place to discourage it. It is important for administrators to offer professional development to make sure teachers know how to deal with children from all types of backgrounds.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Bullying]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- I believe the purpose of education is to teach children how to be successful and happy in life. A teacher’s job is to not only teach subjects such as mathematics, social studies, science, and language arts. It is their job to build character and prepare them for the future. But, this cannot be accomplished without parent involvement. School should be a place where students can feel safe, be themselves, and come together with their teachers and parents to help them create a successful outcome in life.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Certified teacher]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- In 2015, the median salary of a high school teacher was $57,200; meanwhile Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers was paid $30,963,450 (Bls.gov, 2016; Espn.com, 2016). Quite a large disparity between an entertainer and for those that cultivate and magnify traits that are necessary to survive in this world. Albeit there are far fewer world-class athletes and celebrities than those in service industries. So, when looked at from an economic perspective this logic makes perfect sense; from an ethical standpoint this is another matter.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Certified teacher, School]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Educational reformer, Horace Mann, once said “Every addition to true knowledge is an addition to human power.” My whole life I have heard that teachers are the backbone of every society. Without teachers, mankind would be decades behind where we are today. It is my goal to become an outstanding teacher, just like the ones who have invested their time in order for me to learn and grow. I have been inspired by influential people, been able to teach and lead a group of my peers, and have listened to other teacher’s insights about being a teacher.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Certified teacher]
1090 words (3.1 pages)