Historically, I believe that the most common difference that we have wrongly judged people by is race. White was viewed as the majority, as blacks, Hispanics, Indians, and Asians were viewed as the minorities. But what makes them different than one another? Nothing. They are all the same. Our skin color should not determine what kind of person we are. For example, you have two cars. They are both the same make and model. The only difference between the two cars is the color of paint. Will they both work the same? Will they drive the same? Will they both receive the same gas mileage? Will they have the same features? The answer to all those questions is yes, because they are both made the same way. I personally am friends with people of all races, but I do not like to look at it that way. I look at it as I am friends with people who may be a bit different than I am on the outside, but we are all the same in the inside.
Gender is another factor of equality that is often overlooked. Why can’t a man do a “woman’s job” or a woman do a “man’s job”? Women can be police officers*, not “policemen”. Women can be firefig...
... middle of paper ...
...y would probably consider abnormal. Accept people for who they are, let them be proud of where they are from.
It is known that people are different. We vary by gender, race, and ethnicity. We all have physical features that are unique to one another. We have different religious beliefs, political views. Some people have different sexual preferences than others. With all of these differences we have, we cannot ignore the fact that we are not much different. We are all people, and should all be treated with equal opportunity, respect, and kindness. If we forget this, our world is going to be ruined. Imagine what seven billion people could accomplish if they accepted each other for who they are. Our differences between one another should not be seen with negativity. Our differences are what make us unique as people, and they should be all be treated with EQUAL respect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Water is not as simple as people think it is. Water is formed by the bonding of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. This bond that is being referred to is termed as a polar covalent bond. Polar means having a pair of equal and opposite charges. In this case, that is exactly what is happening. The oxygen atoms are negatively charged, whereas, the hydrogen atoms are positively charged. Water is formed when one atom of oxygen joins with two atoms of hydrogen which causes the ends of water molecules to be contradictory charges.... [tags: natural resource, atoms]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- What are the five senses. Sight, touch, hearing, smell and taste. These senses help us live throughout our lives to the fullest. They help you experience the full aspect of human life. Sight allows you to witness the various beauties the world around us has to offer. The ability to touch allows you to embrace feeling such as the pain from a hot stove or the pleasure from love and sex. The ability to hear allows you to listen to the magnificent sounds made in the outside world. Smell and taste allow you to intake various flavors such as sweet and sour, also intake the fragrances of foul and sweet smells.... [tags: Sense, Olfaction, Sensory system, Taste]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- A meme indeed is passed around and around when a person copies or imitates something. That something can be sounds, attitudes, and even movements. When we are told something, we might not recite the same sentence word from word to someone, but we surely pass parts of it to the individual. This is an example of a meme. “We humans, because of our powers of imitation, have become just the physical ‘host’ needed for the meme to get around” (37). The meme uses us to make itself known to the world. In this case, we have no control over ourselves or the meme and let the meme get around.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Human, Memetics]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Did you know that if a person waits until they are thirsty to drink water they may already be dehydrated. If a person is dehydrated they can suffer many health complications. These health issues can include headaches, joint pain, and can even be serve as depression. According to an online article from the Boston College website 2 out of every 3 people in America do not drink enough water. This is an epidemic that is haunting our nation. Many people are wondering why we have so many issues with our health care, well it is because we have so many issues with our health itself.... [tags: Hydration, Health]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction on Water It covers 70% of our planet, makes up 75% of our body, it is necessary for survival and it is declining at a rapid rate (http://www.sscwd.org). It is water. Unfortunately, clean water is rare, almost 1 billion people in developing countries do not have access to water everyday. “Yet, we take it for granted, we waste it, and we even pay too much to drink it from little plastic bottles” (The Water Project). Use of earth’s natural resources should be seen as prosperity, although it is taken for granted, every aspect of daily life revolves around the environment, forcing water conservation to be necessary for future on this planet.... [tags: waterborn illness, human population]
2664 words (7.6 pages)
- ... It is surely not uncommon to see people carry around different kinds of disinfectant sprays and other chemical products in order to reduce the amount of bacteria and germs on their skin and in their body. However, the fact is that distal human intestine represents “an anaerobic bioreactor programmed with an enormous population of bacteria.” The study was conducted in order to assess the influence of microbiota on the energy storage in mice raised without exposure to any microorganisms compared to the control group that had acquired a microbiota since birth.... [tags: human biology, digestion system]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- ... C., and G. O'Hare. "A comparison of two heavy rainfall events in India: Bombay, 24 July 1989, and Cherrapunji, 12 June 1997." - Beresford. N.p., 30 Apr. 2012. Web. 7 Nov. 2013. <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1477-8696.1999.tb06421.x/abstract>. "Blessing." Sheer Poetry. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2013. <http://www.sheerpoetry.co.uk/gcse/imtiaz-dharker/blessing>. "Blessing By Imtiaz Dharker." Blessing By Imtiaz Dharker. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Nov. 2013. <http://delasalleenglish.weebly.com/uploads/5/9/0/8/5908529/blessing.pdf>.... [tags: gift, necessity, metaphors]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Lingerie: What makes women use underwear. Introduction: Ever since seventh grade, one of my closest friends has had an eating disorder. Liz (name has been changed) always thought that her body was not perfect because she just so happened to be a little bit bigger than most of her friends. What she started to do was starve herself and work out intensely. For lunch, all Liz would eat were Saltines and oranges or apples. Even with that lunch she never ate every single thing. My friend started to look really thin; she was very pale and extremely weak.... [tags: Essays Papers]
3820 words (10.9 pages)
- What is the purpose of a college website. Some say it is to get the academic stand point of the college across to help people better themselves in education. Others will say it is strictly to attract people with extra curriculums and fun things to do on campus or around campus. I believe the true purpose is to appeal to people wanting to better themselves while also showing the other benefits of attending said college, all while helping every step of the way to attending. The website Davidson.edu does a pretty good job of laying it out to attract a younger crowd with academics and diverse student activities.... [tags: academics, student body, admissions]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- From the ground underneath us to the stars in the sky, we all are apart of the earth’s spheres. Us as humans fit in with earth’s spheres very well actually. There are different spheres on Earth that we tie into that play a part in our lives. Here are the spheres that I will be tying us into Hydrosphere, Exosphere, Atmosphere, and Geosphere. These spheres play a crucial part in our lives and explaining what each sphere affects us. The spheres have an important job on our earth and we need to realize it.... [tags: Earth, Water, Atmosphere, Precipitation]
1265 words (3.6 pages)