Furthermore, teachers also lack a feeling of belonging, which is a fundamental human need (Baumeister and Leary, 1995). When someone feels like their duties are overlooked or underappreciated, many begin to lose motivation. A teacher’s job is to help bring education to students to help with their futures and have the pressure from others...
... middle of paper ...
...ties to help educate this population could question your overall goal to making the education system better. This lessens motivation to a teacher; knowing that you are trying hard as you can to enlighten students, but the goal is nearly impossible to achieve.
An obvious, but difficult motivational-enhancement intervention could be to raise the salary of academic teachers, even if it is to the same pay as physical education teachers. Money can motivate someone to have better job performance, because at the end of it all, people essentially have jobs to make money. Going further, having mandatory annual pay raises based on work performance could help motivate them to keep doing their job effectively and efficiently. Though this may be hard because of budget caps, it would definitely be a larger incentive and improve worker performance, motivation, and job satisfaction.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adolescence is a period in life where one makes mistakes and learns from them. However, most mistakes have consequences and repercussions. At the age of 17, my parents decided to move the entire family back to our homeland, Dominican Republic, after discovering that my sister and I had been “borrowing” their car while they slept and driving it without driver licenses. After the initial shock and resentment wore off, I realized that moving to Dominican Republic was the best thing that ever happened for three major reasons: I grew closer to my one and only sister, my grades improved, and I became more independent.... [tags: essays research papers]
443 words (1.3 pages)
- Immigrants and Immigration - Blessing or Burden. Are immigrants a fortune of diversity, or a crushing burden. America has longed battled the issue about immigration. Today people in general have a very mixed feeling about the issue of immigration. Immigrants escaping from prosecution built the United States. Today, America firmly tries to solve many of our economical, political and social difficulties due to the burden of the thousand immigrants that enters the United States. Many people argue that immigrants steal jobs from the loyal Americans.... [tags: Immigrants Immigration Jobs]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world. Life in plastic, it’s fantastic. Ask almost anyone and they will be able to continue the Barbie theme song. American businesswoman named Ruth Handler, created the Barbie brand in 1959. Barbie is typically a tall, skinny, blonde who is in a long-term relationship with her boyfriend Ken, and has had at least 100 jobs. Barbie has become an American icon; she is present in almost every girl’s childhood for some period of time. Barbie is a well known, long lasting company and overall a good role model to young girls.... [tags: a good role model for girls]
685 words (2 pages)
- Myths have always played a part in society. Mythological stories not only entertain the reader, but the mythological story also plays a major role in cultural beliefs. David Bidney writes, “The function of a myth is thus held to be one of validating or justifying cultural beliefs and practices” (19). The mythical tale reiterates the moral practices and beliefs that a culture needs to succeed. There are four purposes for writing a myth: First myths help in expressing humanity's fear and wonder of nature, myths helps to explain the creation of the universe, myths gives the readers moral guidelines that should be followed, and finally, myths gives instructions on how to contend with crises.... [tags: Mythology]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- Myths have always played a part in society. They not only entertain the reader, but the mythological story also plays a major role in corroborative cultural beliefs. David Bidney writes “The function of a myth is thus held to be one of validating or justifying cultural beliefs and practices.” The mythical tale reiterates the moral practices and beliefs that a culture needs to succeed. A myth is a story, which can by written or spoken, that has four purposes for being told: it expresses humanity's fear of nature, it helps to explain the creation of the universe, it gives the reader moral guidelines that should be followed, and finally, it instructs the reader on how to cope with challenges th... [tags: Literature]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- “My Leader” There is no leader in my life except my manager Colleen Watson. She is the only leader that greatly influence me throughout my life. Colleen is a leader to me because she taught me the benefits of caring for the environment and the simple things in life are not meant to be taken for granted. She is a good leader because she knows a lot of useful information and she connects well with all the coworkers. Colleen is an excellent leader because she doesn’t put anyone down or put herself before anybody else.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Goal, Sociology]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Genesis, Job, and Antigone all discuss matters regarding the laws of god and law of man, punishments for disobedience, and the role of knowledge. Punishments for disobedience plays a big role and can be compared in The Book of Antigone and The Book of Genesis. In Antigone, Oedipus left Thebes, and a fight between his two sons took place over the position of a new King. Originally, Eteocles was supposed to be king and give up the throne to Polyneices, but when the time came, he refused to let himself be dethroned for the sake of his brothers new reign.... [tags: Adam and Eve, Garden of Eden, Adam]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Each person has areas that they excel in. These areas are different for every person, and they are what make us unique. According to my Strengths Finder survey, my strengths are as follows: responsibility, harmony, maximizer, achiever, and discipline (Gallup, 2012). I feel that I utilize these strengths on a daily basis. My number one strength is responsibility. It is said that a, “responsibility theme forces you to take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and whether large or small, you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion (Gallup, 2012, p.... [tags: Employment, Emotion, Feeling, Physical strength]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Teaching is a difficult job, and one that I believe requires a vast array of skills and attributes in order for one to be successful in. The image of ourselves that we project to our students can become a model for our students to follow. Many people, myself included, still remember many of their high school teachers and look up to them as role models. It is important to recognizes the skills and attributes that teachers have not simply because they will help you to be successful in your career, but because we want to ensure we are being positive role models for our students.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Lesson plan]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- Blessing by Imtiaz Dharker Imtiaz Dharker’s poem can be read in two ways. A straightforward reading might suggest that the poem is simply a description of an incident when a pipe bursts and people run excitedly for the water. A more considered reading, however, would see the poem as being more ominous and disturbing. Under the apparent good fortune and excitement of the scene are darker ideas about the poverty and superstition of the people in the poet’s native country. It is the second reading we will be exploring in this revision programme.... [tags: Blessing Imtiaz Dharker Poems Poetry Essays]
806 words (2.3 pages)