“The only thing to fear is fear itself.” A quote from F.D.R stating that the fear that is found in most humans is all-inclusive just the basic thought of fear itself. Not always being a big obstacle in your way, but occasionally the thought of overcoming a challenge can be far too much. But what heartily makes a hero, is stability, knowledge, and the willingness to help others and have others help you as well.
To be a hero you must have an unwavering life before helping others with an unstable life. Not meaning by your life is set and you have no problems but that you know what your intention in life is, whether that be helping others or making sure your society is functioning safely. It is awfully hard to help others when you don’t really know how to help yourself. In other words, if you try to hold up a brick wall which is about to fall, when you too are falling apart and withering away, it will only result in the failure of both beings .”There is no need of justifying yourself to others, until you can justify yourself to your own conscience.” A quote by Senora Roy he...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A hero is defined as a person who demonstrates courageous behaviors and makes wise decisions. A hero is someone who inspires people by their actions and abilities. Not all heroes wear a cape or plays in a movies, but can be an ordinary person. Firemen, policemen, soldiers are the most unrecognized heroes of today. People tends to not appreciate all the work they do for us. A hero have a distinctive characteristic that most people do not possess. Some of the characteristics of a hero is bravery, sacrifice, perseverance, and honesty.... [tags: Hero, English-language films, Courage, Sacrifice]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- What is a hero. What does it take to be one. A suitable hero is very hard to find these days but it can be somebody you will never expect to be one. A hero to me, is mainly someone who does good, noble deeds and is just genuinely a good person overall. To be one, I think a hero should put others first before themselves and should affect other people around him in a positive way. They should be very brave, considered as leaders, humble, and should not be selfish in anyway as this is what makes them different than others.... [tags: Hero, Courage, Leadership, English-language films]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- What is hero. A hero, under the Merriam-Webster definition, is a person who is admired for brave/great acts or fine qualities. This is a very broad definition that combines both ancient and modern belief of what --or who-- a hero should be. Beowulf is an epic poem that focuses on an Anglo-Saxon hero. As such he embodies the traits that his culture valued most. Deadpool, on the other hand, portrays the most recent ideas of what traits a hero should embody. With these examples from contrasting periods, we are still able to see similarities and differences that shows how modern and Anglo-Saxon idea of heroism reflects its culture.... [tags: Beowulf, Hero, Anglo-Saxons, Germanic paganism]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- “The only thing to fear is fear itself.” A quote from F.D.R stating that the fear that is found in most humans is all-inclusive just the basic thought of fear itself. Not always being a big obstacle in your way, but occasionally the thought of overcoming a challenge can be far too much. But what heartily makes a hero, is stability, knowledge, and the willingness to help others and have others help you as well. To be a hero you must have an unwavering life before helping others with an unstable life.... [tags: Stability, Knowledge, Willingness]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- What makes someone a hero. Is it how they dress. Their lifestyle. They way they act. These are questions that may be asked because we as readers want to identify the hero and the villain to make the story more complex and interesting. So what makes Beowulf so special. He is indeed a hero,but how do we identify him as one. Some characteristics of being a hero say that heroes are are not invincible, and not of normal upbringing. Heroes often have an unique upbringing that transforms them into a strong person.... [tags: Beowulf, Grendel, Beowulf, Denmark]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- Hero What makes a hero. one does not need to have superhuman powers, wear a cape and slay dragons to become a hero. A true hero is someone who is not measured by the size of his strength, a true hero is measured by the strength of his or her heart. Aside from being the Queen of American media, Oprah Gail Winfrey an empathetic and philanthropist individual impacted society by giving those in poverty hope for a better future and giving to those in need throughout her career. Winfrey was born on January 29, 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- The prestigious title that mankind will remember for centuries, known as a hero. Heroes are of the bravest, nobility, and chivalric of men will to make the ultimate sacrifice in order for their ideals to prosper. Throughout many epics and play, we see heroes of all calibers but four character traits all heroes have in common. Heroes suffer more than they deserve and end up facing a decision that will either end there life or prolong it and are aware of the decisions. Each hero makes the decision to end their life but achieve glory.... [tags: Achilles, Iliad, Trojan War, Greek mythology]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- A Tragedy Makes A Hero Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy. A tragedy can be described and executed in many ways, whether it is through cinema, television or a play for theatre, as long as it has a solemn kind of ending. It is characterized as a very sad event, action, or experience for a certain character in the piece. According to Aristotle’s “Poetics,” a tragedy needs six elements, a plot, character, language, thought, spectacle, and melody, as in many dramas do, but the organization of the plot is how tragedy is brought about.... [tags: essays papers]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- What Makes a Hero After spending over a week reading the story "Beowulf", we can all come to the conclusion that he is a hero. Sure, he saves countries from monsters, has incredible strength and wisdom, and is fearless- the typical fictional hero. However, when I hear the word hero, I think in terms of an everyday hero. In my mind, a hero is someone who performs courageous acts even if the consequences can be fatal. A hero doesn't have to be some big muscled guy who beats up bad guys. My example of a hero is a fireman.... [tags: Papers]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- What Makes a Hero When most people think of a hero, they think of some extraordinary, not an ordinary person with a heart. Oskar Schindler was one such person. The movie Schindler's List, directed by Steven Spielberg, is the story of how one man, Schindler, saved over 1,000 lives, and is a cinematic masterpiece. Spielberg truly brings Schindler to life, with all his good and bad points intact; the movie is very true to life, and gives the viewer an excellent idea of what Schindler was like. What Schindler did by saving so many people has had consequences that far surpass the immediate impact.... [tags: Papers]
2038 words (5.8 pages)