A good student is not someone who makes straight A’s throughout school, but a person who tries their best to actually learn a concept.One important aspect of a good student is the desire to learn. Good students have a passion for leaning that encourages them to put their all into a particular subject regardless of their grades. They learn for long-term knowledge rather than memorizing it to pass a test. Good students have an initiative to learn and read curriculums without being told to do so. They enjoy knowing who, why, when and where about topics during their study, and they also enjoy using their prior knowledg...
... middle of paper ...
...tant for those students who hope to attend graduate school and will need letters of recommendation in the future.” (McLean) Good attendance and positive relationships with professors could be very useful in your grades. By forming meeting with them and forming a bond, it will show the professors your motivation, concentration, and self-discipline in the course.
It’s often confused that good grades are associated with a good students, but that is not exactly true. Yes, grades are an important way to measure the academic success of a student in a course, but there are also other key aspects as well. Good students are accurately classified as having traits such as having a passion for learning, participating and attending class regularly, and respecting your professors. By having these specific qualities, professors will automatically identify you as a good student.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first step he has to develop it’s to have a good study habit. Professor Clifford Nass from Stanford University said to usatodaycollege “Music with lyrics is very likely to have a problematic effect when you’re writing or reading” (Nass). Organic chemistry is a very hard class, it requires lots of concentration and memorizing, if music actually helps focus, choose the right music to listen it’s very important. Heavy metal should generally be avoided. There are three steps can lead him through success and they are easy to follow: getting started, getting organize and balance fun, social life work and school(military.com).... [tags: University, Student, Learning, Education]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Throughout history, philosophers, theologians, and various members of international intellectuals have tackled the question of what makes a good person. The man of focus, Aristotle, was a Greek philosopher and student of Plato. Through his dialogues, the Nicomachean Ethics and the Politics, Aristotle expresses his views on what makes a good man and how that translates into being a good citizen. The most prominent place he expresses these views is in Book V of the Ethics during his discussion on justice.... [tags: Virtue, Plato, Nicomachean Ethics, Justice]
1942 words (5.5 pages)
- In recent years, the debate on whether or not student athletes should be paid for their athletic duties has been a rising issue. The reason that this issue is arising is because athletes feel as if everyone benefits for their playing except for them. There have been many different arguments on each side of this debate which bring up many different points. Student athletes should not get paid because they are already getting a great deal with the scholarship they receive from the NCAA. Advocates who support the payment of student athletes such as former professional athlete, Tyson Hartnett believe that student athletes’ scholarships are not enough to cover their personal finances.... [tags: University, Student, Scholarship, Education]
2112 words (6 pages)
- The objectives of teaching are to ensure that students understand the material, can think critically, engage in the learning process, and have the ability to apply the learned material to their everyday life. Every teacher uses a variety of techniques to achieve these goals. College and university professors are required to have advanced degrees; in elementary and secondary settings advanced degrees are not mandatory. Some school districts encourage teachers to attain an advanced degree in their field, but it should never be a requirement for education.... [tags: Education, Academic degree, Master's degree]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Greek Culture and the Student Body College students can hurt themselves early on by lacking some qualities necessary to be successful in school. They can fall behind in academics, fail to socialize with their peers, or miss out on networking opportunities. Every year around eight percent of college students drop out of their respective campuses. That’s almost one in every twelve students that no longer strive towards an education. Those same students drop out because of these reasons. One way students can solve these problems and be more involved is by joining the Greek community.... [tags: University, Student, Academia]
2282 words (6.5 pages)
- A first-generation college student is someone whose folks didn’t attend or graduated from college. Many times, students face this reality and have no one to rely on. Some of the challenges this students face are unique psychological challenges. Although there is upportive staff in college, one of the most important roles of a family is support. Their family may see their entry to college as an insult or misunderstood their reason for wanting to have a major. In families, role are assign to each member such as working, cleaning or taking care of others.... [tags: University, Education, Student, Academia]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- With knowledge comes power. This popular adage is widely agreed with and people throughout the world yearn to live up to it. Education is the gateway to knowledge hence to power. But what is a good education, what makes this knowledge so powerful, and how does one obtain a worthwhile education. The institution of education comes in many forms and ideal, being able to distinguish between the good versus the bad is truly what separates the educated from the uneducated. A good education is not only one that is coherent but one that can be exercised to obtain wealth, power, and status.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, School]
1744 words (5 pages)
- I am intrigued with Palmer’s premise in The Courage to Teach, simply “good teaching cannot be reduced to techniques; good teaching comes from the identity and integrity of the teacher.“ In a time when education reform is focused primarily on pedagogy, he sheds a light on the many different elements that go into being a good teacher. He also asks us to think about what makes a good teacher or a good mentor, as I reflect on the classes that I have enjoyed the most, they are those where the teacher thoroughly enjoyed what they were teaching, but also teaching itself.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Pedagogy]
705 words (2 pages)
- What is Good Writing. Correct spelling and grammar, sentence variety, conciseness, effective paragraphing, do these words sounds familiar. Well those are a few of many other rules that we are taught since we were in school about how to write well. There is nothing wrong about these rules though, however, good writing is more than having correct spelling, grammar, sentence variety, etc. Writing has been part of our lives for centuries and centuries, when people used to write with images because words were unknown.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Alphabet, Paper]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Student and teacher relationships have many benefits for both teacher and student in the classroom. There are many different types of these relationships, from being friends to being mentors to even being something of a mentor or parental figure. However, in recent years, a new type of relationship has come into existence, one that is neither healthy nor legal. When student and teacher relationships blossom into something that is more than just a friendship, people can get hurt, families can be torn apart, communities baffled, and fellow students put at a disadvantage.... [tags: Teacher-Student Sex]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Hannah Colasurdo : A Lifeguard Out Of Family Expectation
- Standard Deviation Of The Grades
- The M & S Castle Donington Online Sales Distribution
- The Myanmar Health System Faces Numerous Challenges
- The Diversity Abundance Of Scavenger Species Between Environments
- Parental Involvement And Academic Performance