What makes a good role model is someone who is calm, positive and confident within themselves.
Great role models are constantly challenging themselves and learning new things and understand the concept of nobody 's perfect. When they make mistakes they apologise, admit the mistake, and accept accountability while planning on how to correct it. They demonstrate commitment and don 't give up easily and persevere when confronted by obstacles. A good role model is well presented and usually respected by others for their commitment and loyalty. They have long term goals and will not give up until they achieve them.
What are the traits of an effective leader? How can these traits be developed?
An effective leader will have traits such as; leadership, adaptability, communication, constant development, transparent and maturity. No one is born onto this world an effective leader, but you can improve your skills every day by learning and studying what leaders do and then by copying them until you become one yourself. Study their actions, their presentation and their choice in speech. Becoming a leader, however, requires that you understand the leadership role and responsibility of being an effective leader to the full extent. Leaders make better choices and decisions for not themselves but the sake of others. Being an effective leader is a commitment and a lot of people depend on you and the choices you make, so you always need to ensure you are making a decision that will benefit the majority of others.
How can I ensure my work goals and plans are aligned to the organisations goals and plans?
Involving yourself in the goal-setting ...
... middle of paper ...
How Can I ensure my personal knowledge and skills meet required competency standards?
Gaining as much work experience as possible is always the smartest thing to do. This means you will not be as stressed out at work because you will be learning outside of work instead whilst at work. We all know how stressful learning new things while being expected to complete tasks you are unsure of is.. Having a casual volunteer job on the side would take that extra pressure off, so then you can complete your work tasks correctly.
How can i gather feedback from others about my personal performance and how can I use this feedback to improve my competence?
You should also ask for regular feedback from your employer and make sure you have enquired all the new skills you aimed for and if there is anything else they think you might need a little bit of improving on.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introducing-(need to finish) Do you ever feel that someone impacts your life and gives you a good outlook to life. Sometimes we come across a strong influential person who leaves a powerful impact on our life that gives us great advice and doesn 't stop us from enjoying life and helps us to appreciate what life hands you. Luckily for me , I came across my lovely grandmother who gave me as much support whenever needed. She made my life a great journey from the first day teaching me how to crawl to who I am today.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Grandparent]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- John Alexander Macdonald: A Good Role Model. A role model can be looked up upon and imitated. Many would argue that Sir John A. Macdonald is not someone of this stature, but I have different opinions about him. By studying some books about him I concluded that this humble man is someone who deserves to be known as a good role model. Here are some reasons to why. It is John A. Macdonald's outstanding qualities that made him a upright leader. He won the hearts of people because he could relate to them and their problems.... [tags: essays research papers]
495 words (1.4 pages)
- Introduction A luxury good is something that, as ones income increases; the demand for an item or service also increases at a higher than proportional level, in contrast to necessity goods, in which demand increases proportionally with a decrease in income (Varian, 1992). Generally, luxury goods are seen as those at the highest end of the market, in terms of price and quality. Haute Couture clothing, accessories and luggage are considered to be classic luxury goods, although many markets have a luxury sector, for example Automobile, Bottled Water, Coffee, Foods, Jewellery, Sound Systems (HiFi), Tea, Watches, Wine and Yacht.... [tags: Branding, Brand, Luxury good, Brand management]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Role models have an astounding effect on the lives of young people in our society. A role model has the ability to shape the views, ideals, and actions of a young person. Role models help youth to discover how they wish to become in the future. The influence that role models have over young people is tremendous. It is important for role models to be positive and responsible in instilling good morals and values because future generations are directly dependent on the role models of today. By examining the influence of role models, role models in the community, and role models in the media, we will be able to determine the true effect that role models have on the lives of youth.... [tags: A Role Model's Impact on Youth]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- 1. Using Kohlberg’s model of gender role development, discuss the variability of gender stereotypes for children at different ages. What accounts for children’s learning of these stereotypes. P. 153 Kohlberg defined the steps in gender role development to three steps. The first step, the kids (ages 1-3) begin learn their gender identity by their parents (adult) education. In this step also Kohlberg mentioned that the kids know their gender by observations of sex differences. As Kohlberg says “ they categorize themselves as a boy or a girl during this period” (Bergen 2008, p.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Gender differences]
707 words (2 pages)
- Barbie is a Good Role Model As a young girl the fondest memory was playing with all my Barbie dolls and having the time of my young youth. Getting new Barbie’s for my birthday and Christmas was the highlight for my friends and I every year, and comparing which dolls the others got with each other. Never once growing up did any of us feel that Barbie was bad for us to play with, or that she was a bad role model. She could be anything that she wanted to be and her friends were all different too.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- Being a Christian Role Model A role model is somebody you desire to be like; someone who sets a good example. Christians today need a role model who encourages them to have faith and be strong through difficult times. The qualities a Christian role model should have are faith, loyalty, strength, dedication and not being influenced by public opinions. Some people would agree with the statement that Peter isn’t a good role model for Christians today for the reason that Peter promised that he wouldn’t deny Jesus when Jesus predicted his denial.... [tags: Papers]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- In the United States Army, there are two categories of rank structure, the enlisted corps and the commissioned corps. The enlisted corps within itself contains leaders, who are referred to as Noncommissioned Officers, or NCOs. These individuals, whose ranks range from Sergeant to Sergeant Major, are responsible implementing the guidance and command policies provided by the Commissioned Officers and commanders in their units. NCOs are also responsible for the welfare and training of junior personnel.... [tags: US Army, Corps]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- For the Greeks, a heavy emphasis has been places on politics. It is as though a very important of their life is politics, which they structure their life around through polis. Citizens play a main role because they are all given an opportunity to participate in the agora. Despite, political systems constantly getting rebirthed in Greece, the characteristics of Greeks are as well. As their characteristics evolve over time, they are either further able to make better citizens or cause the destruction of a political regime.... [tags: Plato, Aristotle, Political philosophy]
1752 words (5 pages)
- Huckleberry Finn: A Good Role Model "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" gives a visual look at the time in which the author Samuel Clemens lived. He explains how he felt about his life through the eyes of a young boy named Huckleberry Finn. Huckleberry Finn has many adventures that teach him life lessons we can learn from today. Although there are differing opinions on whether Huck Finn is a good role model for today's young people, I will explain why I think he is. Huck is a good role model for several reasons.... [tags: essays research papers]
628 words (1.8 pages)