... middle of paper ...
...r jobs. A good leader must fire the unproductive people and bring in people who are dependable, energetic, and willing to do what it takes to make the organization a success. All organizations want a successful company. When people are hired and they drag down the organization due to bad behavior, bad work ethic, and not willing to compromise, than those people have to be eliminated from the company. No leader wants to train someone and later let them go. This causes the company money and time (Zaccaro, 2001). Leadership is a very important job that should be respected and not taken lightly. It takes a strong person to lead a company. Being a good leader is someone who is willing to take the time to make sure that their people are properly trained and the vision of the company comes to fusion. This is very important in bringing a company great success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The King is dead and Lord Tywin is asking Tommen, his grandson (the new King) what he thinks what makes a good King. Tommen lists off attributes such as; holiness, just, and strength. Lord Tywin, agrees that these are all good qualities to have. However, he says holiness is a naïve characteristic to have as a King [leader]. Tywin, explains that being a just King [leader] can leave you in a vulnerable place if you are not careful. Furthermore, having strength as a King [leader] is a very powerful characteristic to have when you have some many others looking towards to lead.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
2019 words (5.8 pages)
- Leadership Theories Definition of leadership and what makes a good leader The very basic definition of leadership is the action or ability to lead a group. It is also the process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others and directs it towards the achievement of goal. What makes a good leader. There are some characteristics that represent a good leader, they are: • Self-awareness: leaders with high self-awareness understand their strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, they identify their own capabilities and limitations that eventually will make them able to push themselves to the limit.... [tags: Leadership, Kurt Lewin, Social psychology]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction What makes a good leader. Is it how they approach their employees. Or whether they are focused on just the success of the business. Leadership roles have significantly changed over time especially in the post bureaucratic era. Well what is the post bureaucratic era you might ask. The Post bureaucratic era is a time of flexible rules and self direction which is seen by many businesses these days as they are willing to take risks and allow staff to have a large role to play in the organisation of the business.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Hierarchy]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- The united states army is the strongest land fighting force in the world. Ever since June 14th, 1775 the united states army has taken pride in three basic concepts; the uniform, customs/courtesies, and a leadership. The united states army has gone through many uniform changes over the past 200 years. One thing has always stayed the same, everyone looks the same because we are all a part of the same team. Customs and courtesies play another factor when referring to military bearing; how you stand, speak, sit, walk, run, or even eat are done a certain way in the military.... [tags: Military, Soldier, United States Army, Army]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- What makes a good leader. It depends. Most organizations look for individuals that have something to offer when they look at credentials or a great interview but looks can be deceiving does a good manager necessarily mean that a good leader I do not think so. Leadership is a topic that will have to be address by every organization .In my opinion no organization will be able to prosper without good leadership. Even though no two leaders are they, same there are plenty of leadership styles and as leaders we have to have to have experience and time to grow and we will eventual find out what type of leaders we are.... [tags: Leadership]
2556 words (7.3 pages)
- participation. This is sharing the responsibility with my staff members. I feel that when a leader shares the tasks, it makes the staff feel that the leader is working along with them to get the task done. When I delegate task I want my people to feel that I am not throwing all the work on them and not doing my fair share. This to me helps morale by making sure my staff knows they are not alone when doing the work. I want my people to feel that I do trust them, but I am willing to work with them in order to get the work done.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Credibility Makes a Difference When it comes to leadership, credibility makes all the difference in relation to having a team of willing followers. Having a leader a person is willing to follow creates a positive environment to conduct the most possible productivity in an organization. Having a shared goal throughout an organization inspires individuals to want to participate and feel a purpose to their organization. Anyone can be a leader it is having the knowledge and ability to use the knowledge to lead people.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Management, Belief]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- “My Leader” There is no leader in my life except my manager Colleen Watson. She is the only leader that greatly influence me throughout my life. Colleen is a leader to me because she taught me the benefits of caring for the environment and the simple things in life are not meant to be taken for granted. She is a good leader because she knows a lot of useful information and she connects well with all the coworkers. Colleen is an excellent leader because she doesn’t put anyone down or put herself before anybody else.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Goal, Sociology]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- People, at one point in their lifetime has witnessed a leader, at work or on a sports team for example; the title doesn’t mean someone is in fact a “leader” if the experience was negative. However, those fortunate enough to meet and know a good leader will see it in the way they behave and talk. Having the “gift of gab” may make you an effective communicator and in some cases charismatic, depending on how a leader presents him or herself can make the “gift” be indeed, or a curse. Being able to lead with the head and heart, or mind and emotion, allows for the leader to be a servant who helps people do their best.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Ethics, Health care]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- 1. Oxford dictionary defines leadership as “the action of leading a group of people or organization. The word action jumps out at me as I read it. I believe that it is the action of the person in the leadership position that drives the success or failure of the group or organization. Those actions can be positive, negative or even absent. My definition of leadership is the culmination of all of the actions of a person which has a direct effect on the success or failure of a group or organization and embracing the responsibility for the results.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- The Attachment Theory : The Work Of John Bowlby And Mary Ainsworth
- Crime And Social Control Theory
- Latin Americ A Racial Democracy?
- `` Because I Could Not Stop For Death `` And I Heard A Fly Buzz - When I Died
- The Fourteenth Amendment Under The Constitution
- The Affordable Care Act And Affordable Healthcare Act