Studies from the University of North Carolina show that having positive friends is just as beneficial to your health and lifespan as exercise. People who have multiple strong friendships have a lower percentile of dying prematurely ( Pappas, 2016) “Researchers found a link between isolation and issues such as obesity, inflammation, and high blood pressure, which can lead long term health issues (Scott, 2016). For example, elderly people with a lack of social interaction more than doubled the risk of high blood pressure by one hundred and twenty four percent. In comparison, diabetes raised the risk by a mere seventy percent (Pappas, 2016). Adults that have a strong social group also have been proven to reduce many significant health problems such as, but not limited to, depression, stress and an unhealthy body mass index. Friends can also help you endure the tra...
... middle of paper ...
... ‘For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us’” (2016).
As research has developed they have concluded that friendships can influence your health, the viability of our culture, and even how you view God. Developing healthy and lasting friendships often involve give and take. On difficult days, you may be on the receiving end of giving care and support but other days, you might be the one giving attention and more care.
“Remember, it 's never too late to build new friendships or reconnect with old friends. Investing time in making friends and strengthening your friendships can pay off in better health, culture, relationship with God and a brighter outlook for years to come” (Mayo Clinic Staff, 2016).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We live in a world where we need friends to spend our life happily. Some people say you don’t need friends in your life. I even heard saying from people that friends are waste of time and friends are not loyal to you. Each person has its own thinking and ideas how he or she thinks about particular idea. But I personally believe that we all need friends in our life. It then depends what kind of friends you make. If you will make good friends you will have good consequences in life. Whereas if you don’t make good friends in life you will not have good consequences in life.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- In terms of psychology, Labels are literally defined as characteristics that every individual is made up of or consists of. The constituents of a society comprises of people with different labels. Different people grows different mentality growing up in a society either positive or negative. Labels always helps to define the people but labels are not people at all. It is always fun to label people because it describes the personal behavior of the people. During my high school my friends, family gave me many labels like friendly, music lover, sport lovers, rider and music lover which describes my character and I also agree with many of them.... [tags: Friendship, Love, Interpersonal relationship]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- When I think about what makes someone a good friend, I think about all the characteristics of my own friends. My personal definition of a friend, is someone who is always looking out for me, and will help me if I’m in trouble. A friend has to be someone I trust and who trusts me in return. Another important characteristic in a friend is someone who I can talk to, and makes me laugh. One of the most important traits of a friend, is someone who will help you if you need it. One personal experience I had with this was when my friends, Mark, Steve, and I we all out driving around late at night.... [tags: Friendship Essays]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- A friend is someone difficult to find. A friend is someone you can always count on when times are tough. The dictionary's definition of a good friend is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. A good friend is there when you are struggling. For example, when a boy breaks your heart a good friend walks you through it and offers a shoulder to cry on. According to Bree Neff, a good friend is someone who is trustworthy, doesn't talk behind your back, listens to your problems, gives good advice and tries to lend humor along with his or her support.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- The life without a good friend is the same as being dead. It is human nature to have someone that we rely on. A friend in some cultures considers as a part of people’s soul. What makes the friend part of their soul are the characteristics of the friend souls. The most important characteristics of a good are honesty, wisdom , and playfulness. Honesty is one of the most important traits that any relationships relies on. A good friend must be always characterized with it. Honest people are easier to form a bond with which makes honesty one of the many different blocks that relationships build on.... [tags: Virtue, Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
710 words (2 pages)
- A Best Friend is… “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). What is a “best friend”. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There’s something about a best friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own best friend is like and what an impact he or she has made in their life. In this essay I would like to take a better look at some of the simple things that we might take for granted when we think of our best friends.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Friendship is something we 've all experienced. And, from the wise words of Dr. Seuss, "be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." The ability to care without judgement is a magnificent quality seeing as we all know some best friends can take “be who you are” and “say what you feel” to a whole other level. These are the friends who care, who encourage, who force you to put yourself out there. The ones who make you eat your green eggs and ham (even when you don’t want to).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Friends are people that we choose to be with. They are not relatives who you may feel obligated to see for those family gatherings. Friends are people who you want to be with because they understand you, and accept you for who you are just as you accept them. As we human beings go though our journey of life, we will encounter many people. Most will be acquaintances; interactions that are brief and insignificant. Some relationships will be more meaningful so that they develop into friendships. A select few of those will continue on to develop into true friendships that will stand the test of time.... [tags: school, loyal, intimate]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- What is a friends. A friend is someone we turn to when we need our days to be brighter. Someone we treasure day in and day out. A friend is someone, who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you the way you are. Someone who is with you through the good times and bad times. Everyone has a friend. There are girls that have girls has friends. Even boys who have boys as friend. Sometime you see boys having a girl as friend. There are times when you might see a girl who has a guy as a friend.... [tags: Female, Gender, Interpersonal relationship, Male]
1080 words (3.1 pages)