School should be a safe place for children. They should not be afraid to walk the halls or play on the playground because they fear somebody is out to harm them. However that is a very real distress for many. Bullying comes in many styles. Physical bullying is the most noticeable form of intimidation which could consist of hitting, biting, pinching, kicking, or hair pulling just to name a few. Verbal bullying often goes together with physical bulling, which includes names calling and spreading malicious rumors. Emotional intimidation is closely associated with physical and verbal bullying, this is done when the bully deliberately excludes the bullied child from a group activity. We can’t leave out racist bullying which can be in several forms all on its own, from making racial slurs, making offensive gestures, mocking the victim’s cultural customs to spray painting graffiti. Many children face sexual bullying while at school. Sexual bulling is defined as unwanted physical contact or abusive comments.
What makes a child a bully? ...
... middle of paper ...
...lent and withdrawn, others react with violet behavior. Most victims direct the violet behavior toward themselves. As per a study by Yale University, bullied victims are 7 to 9% more likely to consider suicide. However as adults some seek revenge to the ones that bullied them as children. Regardless of the way a victim chooses to cope with the after effects the damage is lifelong.
In order to eradicate this destructive behavior people must change their mindset that kids will be kids. We all are responsible for the future of all the children in our communities. Schools must set and inforce strict no bullying policies that apply to all students. Community should symbolize positive role models for our youth. Bullying is a significant problem that negatively impacts all young people in all community whether they experience it as perpetrators, victims, or witnesses.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever tried to make someone cry or become afraid of you. How do you feel when you know that someone is afraid of you. Hurting individuals physically and emotionally is what a bully feed off of. A bully has some characteristics of things like they lack empathy and concern for others. They are also hot-tempered, have underdeveloped social skills, torn or dirty clothing’s, and sometimes might carry a weapon. In the movies a bully is portrayed as a person who is bigger, stronger, and tend to target someone much smaller or different than them.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Psychological abuse]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Extra Credit: Bully Film Review Bullying in the educational setting has become significantly prevalent. Children appear to be less restrained as to mean things they say to their peers, as evidenced with cyberbullying where atrocious statements are said behind a screen in anonymity. Bullying can be so damaging to a child which leads them to feel as if there was no escape other committing the act of suicide. Society has long believed that suicide is an individualistic problem, however sociologist Émile Durkheim posed the idea that sociology is socially rooted.... [tags: bullying, education, children, suicide, Durkheim]
1064 words (3 pages)
- When someone uses higher strength to influence, intimidate or force the victim to do what they want is known around the world as a bully. Bullying has become a big problem in the U.S. as days go by it seems like there is nothing that can stop this problem. There are different types of bullying and different places that bullying can occur. There is physical bullying, verbal bullying, relational aggression, cyber bullying, sexual bullying, and prejudicial bullying. But the most common ones are physical bullying, cyber bullying, and relational bullying.... [tags: bullying, bullies, bully]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Being a child isn’t always as innocent and stress-free as one would think. Children, from the time they start school, are plagued with emotional stress induced by bullying. More often than not, victims entertain the thought of or attempt suicide to escape from having to endure more anguish. It’s imperative that adults recognize bullying as being a real danger to the children that they care for and love. Child bullying and youth suicide is on the rise; however, providing children and parents with resources to identify such incidents will not only help curb this troubling trend but would teach victims how to cope.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Humiliation]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Being a child isn’t always as innocent and stress free as one would think. Starting from the time children enter school, they are plagued with emotional stress induced by bullying. More often times than not, victims entertain the thought of or attempt suicide in order to escape from having to endure more anguish. Adults must recognize bullying as being a real danger to the children that they love and care for. Child bullying and youth suicide is on the rise; however, providing children and parents with resources to identify such incidents will not only help curb this troubling trend but would teach victims how to cope.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Humiliation]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Child, parent, teacher, friend – regardless of what title you might have, bullying is a issue that everyone should be conscious of. Whether it is physical bullying or cyber bullying, this not only affects the adolescent when the bullying is occurring, but effects can also be shown when the child matures. Although it is difficult to end bullying completely, there are steps parents and teachers can take to help children from being the victim or the bully. When bullying is occurring, it is essential that either the parent or the teacher take notice and immediately intervene.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Social media, Victimisation]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- In recent years, child abuse has become, for the first time, an issue worthy of much attention. Child abuse happens everywhere; it is deeply embedded and practiced in many various cultures and geographical locations. Everyone has his or her own opinion on the significance of child abuse. To some, abuse merely is a topic that people have become obsessed with. Many people believe that abuse is only an extreme word for good discipline. These people are blind to the seriousness of child abuse.... [tags: Violence Against Children]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- Mahat Baniya-5 Stressing academic success is not good for children Every parent has their own way of caring and nurturing their children. There are different societies in which we live in, and they have their peculiar way of developing kids. Chinese mothers are the one who gives a maximum attention to their children, and at the same time, they demand humongous result from their children.... [tags: Mother, Parent, The Child, Child]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Being a Child in the Fox Family The Mosquito Coast is about a family whose father is an eccentric inventor, fed up with the trials of modern civilisation, so they leave America for a new life on the Mosquito Coast. This is where Allie Fox took the perfect world from his family. This is because he hates everything to do about modern society. At the beginning of the story, we see that the children are isolated from normal society because of their father. Allie Fox hates T.V, school and thing that normal children do; because of this his children have to suffer.... [tags: Papers]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- The Bully Violence in schools is an ongoing problem. Students verbally and mentally abuse each other on a daily basis. Verbal abuse is the most precedent. These students are usually titled as bully’s or having aggressive behavior. Girls have a tendency to indirectly bully, and boys have a tendency to physically bully other students. Bullying is a misbehavior that has to be resolved by looking at what is causing the behavior. It is not something that can be tolerated in schools, and classrooms.... [tags: essays research papers]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- The Is An American Tv Series Based On The Self Destructive And Dysfunctional Family
- Graduation Speech By Thomas Sargent
- Similarities Between Carthage And Rome
- A Study Measuring Levels Of Paranoia During The Black Men And Their Risk Of Being Hospitalized For Mental Illness
- The And The New Of Prayer
- The Quran And The Islamic State