Big families are inherently closer than smaller families.There is a lot of evidence to support this claim some of it coming from television, but most coming from everyday life. Big families have a tendency to go through more colorful experiences than smaller families. We may drive each other crazy but that’s part of what brings us together.
The best example I can offer of this would be my family. There are seven kids in my family, two of whom no longer live at my house, and it is rare for a week to pass with out us speaking or hanging out. My brothers and sister are my best friends. We can usually be found on weekends having out together. There are a few things that can be either a blessing or a curse. One of them is a large family’s protectiveness, like when I tried to introduce a boy to my brothers. They threatened the poor guy so bad that he was actually scared of them. My family is very protective of me which can be a real struggle sometimes, but I am just as protective of each of them.
Another example would be the movie cheaper by the dozen. The movie centers around a ginormous family who starts out a little rough around the edges. You see a lot of problems at first. Their quirks seem like problems that need to be fixed. As the movie continues we see that their flaws and quirks help bring them closer together. In the end they wouldn’t trade their massive family for the world.
Even looking at my own mother’s, relatively, large family they are extraordinarily close. My mother talks to her brothers every day. Looking back she can hardly believe that they became so close, especially considering she used to hit one of them with a hair brush to wake him up.
Another story that highlights what it’s like to have b...
... middle of paper ...
...reatened to tell her friends that she used to have an imaginary friend named Gigi.
Having my family is also a blessing. Whenever I get bored I have someone ready to go on any and all adventures I can plan. One time, when I was in eighth grade, I got so bored that I decided to make myself a teepee. Breck and Brody both came along and soon we all had teepees. There was also the time when Breyer had to do a project for school. We all went along and even posed for photos. I think we should win an award for most creative tree project.
Whether you look at having a big family as a blessing or a curse, you can’t deny there are perks to having those weirdos around. In a family as a big as mine there is always someone who will take your side, cheer you up, fight with you, and, most importantly, be around when you need them. Maybe that’s why big families are inherently closer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hybrid cars is a curse or a blessing I have always been interested in cars. Since my childhood I had the wish to know the mechanism of how cars work; so that I can build my own cars and eventually create and design my own brand. Due to the new revolution in car industry my interest in cars has gone even higher than before because these new revolution cars are environment friendly. This new revolution has been brought to the car industry by the introduction of hybrid cars because of the high fuel consumption and the increasing pollution; this is the best alternative despite the low performance and high maintenance cost, hybrid cars will overtake the conventional cars soon.... [tags: paralel, series, electric motors]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Technology can be two fold; it can be a blessing and a curse. It has forever impacted and changed social interaction. We live in a day where it is hard to get away from the screen, either the phone or computer and any other electronic devices, not only for work but also for leisure. We are forgetting how to reconnect, recharge, and relax. Thus, it has been requested we should, for one day, unplug ourselves from technology. Will this be beneficial. The idea of a technology Sabbath is beneficial in three ways: in recharging and relaxing, in deepening friendship, and attending and listening to people’s messages better.... [tags: Communication, Distraction, Instant messaging]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Twins: a blessing or a curse. The likelihood of getting pregnant with twins is slim to none. The female must carry the twin gene in order to conceive twins, even if the male has a long line of twins. Twins can be thought as good things, if you were hoping to only have two children you get them both at once. They can also be a curse, especially in the financial aspect of it all. Its even worse if you are a teen mom and trying to finish high school. The simple truth is either way you look at it your life will never be the same after you have twins.... [tags: Pregnant, Babies, Identical, Fraternal, Babies]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Successful individuals come in all packages. What makes one person different from another does not define their victory in life. Do blonds have more fun than brunettes. Are blue eyed girls prettier than brown eyed girls. Are right-handers smarter than left-handers. Each of these questions above deal with being different and having that difference affect the success of the individual. Being left-handed is a blessing not a curse. Does a left-handed person have an advantage or a disadvantage. Left-handed folks are special.... [tags: Left-handedness, Handedness, Right-handedness]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Love: A Blessing and a Curse “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins”. I Peter 4:8-9 says that love is essential to life, the same thing Shakespeare believed. The tragedy Romeo and Juliet written by William Shakespeare is a love story in which Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet experience the highs and lows of a relationship in five days. Romeo Montague is son to Lord and Lady Montague. Romeo’s family is feuding with Juliet’s family, specifically her parents Lord and Lady Capulet.... [tags: Impulsive, Relationship]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- I use texting in the my everyday life. Having a little one at home and not being able to be there 24/7 is nerve racking. As much as I like to say that texting is a blessing it is also a curse. Texting is one of those things that you do every day. I use texting all the time, I text my boyfriend to make sure our baby is okay and to ask what he wants for dinner. I also use texting for more important matters as to asking my family up North how our very elderly grandmother is doing. Plan and simple texting is both a joy and a pain.... [tags: Want, Need, Mobile phone, WANT]
715 words (2 pages)
- Blessing & Night of the Scorpion ‘Blessing’, by Imbilz Dharker and ‘Night Of The Scorpion’ by Nissim Ezelkiel both teach us a lot about another culture. Both poems are set in India and so the people in the poem haven’t got much and so cherish what they do have. I shall analyse the similarities and the differences between the two enthralling poems and then evaluate my findings. ‘The Night of the Scorpion’ was written by Imbilz Dharker and is based in India. The title immediately draws the reader’s attention as it makes you wonder what it means.... [tags: essays research papers]
2684 words (7.7 pages)
- Five Paragraph Essays: A Blessing or a Curse I 'd like to say that my style as a writer has come a long way. However I would not argue I still may have much farther to go as well. My Sophomore year of high school was the golden year for five paragraph essays, what I mean is I was constantly writing essays in a five paragraph format, and looking back on I see that as a blessing as well as a curse. It was a gift because to write a five paragraph essay became extremely easy for me. Yet, it was a cure because to write in any other form became much more difficult.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Five paragraph essay, Essay]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- The Internet - A Blessing or a Curse. I saw something shocking painted on the roof of a barn as I was driving through the heart of Yolo County’s farmland. It was an advertisement for the upcoming Dixon May Fair. What caught my attention was the last line of copy, painted in thin red letters, down by the edge of the roof: http://www.dixonmayfair.com. It’s finally everywhere, I thought, as I continued down the deserted, dusty road. No place is safe. Not even the country. Over the last couple of years, those tiny, mysterious clusters of letters have snuck up on us, like a sneaky race of aliens preparing a world takeover.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- The Curse and Blessing of Montana Montana seems to be one of those states that most people either love or hate. It is so distinct from any other state that it is no wonder this is the case. Montana is in so many ways such a great state to live in, with a wide variety of recreation, hobbies, and other enjoyable pastimes; however, many problems plague the state, from its lack of modern conveniences to its poor job opportunities. What many people do not realize is how much these good and bad characteristics are related.... [tags: Free Descriptive Essay About A Place]
601 words (1.7 pages)