Initially, every pair of friends seems different, and trying to find your own may feel like a struggle between choosing one fish, two fish, red fish, or blue fish. Similarly, every dynamic duo has something different you can learn from them. Several of these duos come from shows we enjoyed as a kid. Their lessons help to show you what a real friend can be. Deep within the Hundred Acre Woods, we learn that in large groups of friends it is still important to find the Piglet to your Pooh. Within the Tri-State Area, Phineas and Ferb teach us to make the best of every day. Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble show us friendship can withstand the test of time. Scooby and Shaggy demonstrate how life is always a mystery with...
... middle of paper ...
...clothes and eat their food, unless it’s ice cream or fries, then it’s off limits. This eventually leads to far too many trips to the grocery store and so much loaning of money, so you simply assume you’ve paid each other back by now. Of course, we cannot leave out that you tell each other everything, even a few of your extremely embarrassing stories. The two of you are more than inseparable, you become the…
Friendship is an important part of growing up. Today, we discussed how to build a true friendship. We learned how we are influenced by the lessons of dynamic duos, the difficult task of being yourself, and lastly the odd quirks of friendships you couldn’t be more thankful for. Everyone needs a friend. Someone who, as said by Dr. Seuss, matters to you and won’t mind what you say and what you do. Now if only finding a boyfriend was as easy as finding a best friend.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- A Best Friend is… “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). What is a “best friend”. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There’s something about a best friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own best friend is like and what an impact he or she has made in their life. In this essay I would like to take a better look at some of the simple things that we might take for granted when we think of our best friends.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- She walked as fast as she could with her cane to escape a family photo. My grandma always tended to walk fast to get away from something or someone. However, she was helpful and her priorities were her granddaughters. Moreover, she taught me how to become a better person and achieve what I want in life. I would like to spend 14 Tuesdays with my grandma because she knew me inside and out, made some amazingly tasty recipes, and figured out more about life than anyone I know. I chose to spend 14 Tuesday with my grandma because she knows who I am and I can trust her with my secret.... [tags: English-language films, 2005 singles]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- What is a friends. A friend is someone we turn to when we need our days to be brighter. Someone we treasure day in and day out. A friend is someone, who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you the way you are. Someone who is with you through the good times and bad times. Everyone has a friend. There are girls that have girls has friends. Even boys who have boys as friend. Sometime you see boys having a girl as friend. There are times when you might see a girl who has a guy as a friend.... [tags: Female, Gender, Interpersonal relationship, Male]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Friends are people that we choose to be with. They are not relatives who you may feel obligated to see for those family gatherings. Friends are people who you want to be with because they understand you, and accept you for who you are just as you accept them. As we human beings go though our journey of life, we will encounter many people. Most will be acquaintances; interactions that are brief and insignificant. Some relationships will be more meaningful so that they develop into friendships. A select few of those will continue on to develop into true friendships that will stand the test of time.... [tags: school, loyal, intimate]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Man’s Best Friend Throughout history there has been a common connection between dogs and humans. Whether you use your dog for work, to help make a living, or just for pure enjoyment dogs have been by our side. Dogs are used by police departments to help track down criminals or illegal substances. In cold places such as Alaska dogs are used to pull sleds as a means of transportation. The common theme with all of these is dogs bring people happiness by being playful, comforting, and give their owners a sense of responsibility.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog breed, Toy dog]
708 words (2 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead My best friend and I were together all the time, doing nothing without the other. But one day I realized that somewhere along the road somebody failed her, and every day I cannot help but wonder if it might have been me. Everything she went through, I was there for her, but I guess some things are too hard for even friendship. Not a day goes by that I don't remember. How could I ever forget. I'm sharing this story for the first time since it happened. The last time we had no worries, well, that were apparent, was on August 20 of '97.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- My Best Friend It was raining the day Mark Turner died. On a dark, rainy summer night, he foolishly got in the passenger side of a 1998 midnight blue Eclipse. His 19 year old cousin Sam, was the driver, and Sam had a little too much to drink that night. At about three in the morning, they were leaving a party that one of Sam's friends threw. They were rushing home, because they already had missed curfew by two hours. Not aware of his surroundings, Sam carelessly got on the wrong side of the road.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
929 words (2.7 pages)