George W. Bush had a lot of hard criticism during his presidency, but the decision that Bush made on March 20, 2003 to invade Iraq. Many opposed him doing so such as former US President Bill Clinton saying: "As a preemptive action today, however well-justified, may come back with unwelcome consequences in the future....I don 't care how precise your bombs and your weapons are, when you set them off, innocent people will die." Clinton warned about possible dangers of pre-emptive military action against Iraq. “The main premise for ...
... middle of paper ...
...he lies he has made such as claiming Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Bush started the Iraq war to bring peace but the region is more violent and uncontrollable then when the Iraq war began. After 9/11 occurred, everyone felt this was Bush 's big chance to step up and be a leader but he didn’t show so any capability of being a leader. Bush accomplish his promise about attacking terrorists by declaring war on Afghanistan, but he then immediately started demanding we go to war with Iraq because he believed they possessed weapons of mass destruction. His arguments for going to war with Iraq were all false and this was known by the Bush administration long before Congress voted to go to war with Iraq. Bush used the phrase “War on Terror” and the event 9/11 to do basically what he wanted. Bush is one of the most unsuccessful presidents because of many good reasons.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What Makes a Good President What kind of qualities make a good president. There are many qualifications that can and should be looked at as soon as a candidate starts his campaign. A president should care about the people in there country. There are many things that can make a good president for the United State such as type of leadership, character traits, and performances qualities. The type of leadership does a president need to be a good president. Leadership is a term people and are ,and can also vary in style.... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- As the months before the election approach us we see many advertisements that either support or go against our presidential candidates. Because it is my first year voting I think it’s important to be informed and up to date with what our candidates are proposing and striving to achieve for us. While looking through the campaign ads many caught my attention, but one in particular really stood out to me. This specific ad was created to contradict Donald trump. He states that his biggest asset is his temperament then many clips of him being completely disrespectful and unprofessional are shown.... [tags: President of the United States, President]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Trump for President The year is 2017 and Donald Trump is officially the President of the United States. President Trump has been demanding that Mexico build the wall separating the US from them, but they are refusing because they believe it is a waste of their funds. Due to their refusal President Trump has declared that all Mexicans are terrorist, rapist, drug dealers, and free loaders and that we are to evacuate all Mexican immigrant with whatever force is needed. This now divides are forces even more since President Trump has sent troops to all Muslim nations to eradicate the Radical Islamic Terrorism.... [tags: President of the United States, George W. Bush]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- The “many hats” of The American President If one manages to be lucky enough to grow up to be president (certain conditions apply), that person must abide by Article 2 of the constitution of the United States of America. This prestigious $400,000 a year job comes with some perks, rights, and tremendous responsibilities that are comparable to none. By design the American president is meant to be “powerful enough to respond quickly when necessary, but also would be limited by lack of lawmaking power and need to gain congressional approval (Yalof and Dautrich, 176).... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- On September 8th, 2016 Americas let their voices be heard and voted for their new President Of The United States of America. Every four years an election is held to elect the President of The United States. This process is done by Americans going to the polls to cast their ballot for one candidate they believe is fit to be the president. It is than left up to the electoral collage to cast their vote for their candidate who is representing their party. There are different political parties, however the Republican party and Democratic party are the two main parties.... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- The American President is a romantic comedy which follows the widowed President of the United States as he pursues a new romantic interest in the peak of election season. An environmental lobbyist by the name of Sydney Ellen Wade catches the eye of the President, Andrew Shepherd, when she first has a meeting at the White House to try to gain support for a bill that would reduce carbon emissions. The movie follows the pair as they pursue a relationship while trying to navigate the struggle of gaining support for the bills they wish to pass and the President’s falling popularity.... [tags: President of the United States, White House]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- As societies grow and change people start to talk about how things were in the past. When people think about the past, they forgot about the bad and only remember the good. Every four years Americans choose a president as the leader of their nation. The person running for president gets votes based on their ideas for change in America. Donald Trump cannot become the President of the United States. His lack of experience in politics, capitalizing on the public’s fears to get votes, being uneducated in the law, and disrespect for minorities in America are qualities a President cannot have.... [tags: United States, President of the United States]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The American presidency has done a total three sixty from the time of George Washington’s reign to Barack Obama. This is due to how our society has evolved in good and bad ways. Our government has become much more democratic and voters are more involved then they have ever been. Our Country formed a democracy so that not one family or ruler could take over the United States. This decision was formed when the U.S. Constitution was formed. The president of the United States has the title of the chief executive office of the country.... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout history, the United States have had 44 Presidents serving for the good of the people in the executive office. As citizens of the United States, we have witnessed the many scandals of information that we are given to be true on the media to publicize a political issue. This is known as propaganda, which generally means “information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view” (Google definition). In 1802, the press released information that President Thomas Jefferson was having an affair with a slave that he owned.... [tags: President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- In January of 2010, President Obama presented the annual State of the Union address. In the address Obama speaks about many things he has accomplished in the past year and hopes to accomplish in the coming year. The first thing he wants to accomplish is health care reform. The next issue he needs to accomplish is the budget. Then, Obama speaks about some bills and policies that he wants to go into place. The ones that were specifically brought up were the climate bill and the cap-and-trade. Lastly, they share their views and perceptions on Obama and his administration.... [tags: Health care, President of the United States]
1022 words (2.9 pages)