In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am. My boys, who are currently attending high school from 7:30am-2pm, both participate in afterschool activities, such as cross country track and winter percussion, also my oldest son attends the gym at least three time a week. The question with my scenario, is when do we have time to see each other and communicate? The way my household is setup, I’m the only driver, so this means that I take my wife to work in the mornings and this allows me about 15 mins worth of communication time. We mostly share our time listening to the news on the radio and during this time we would also have a brief conversation of upcoming events. After dropping her off, I return home to pick-up my kids to drop them off at school. The ride to school is only a five-minute ride. During this time, I would ask them about their afterschool schedule for that day, because every day is a different schedule. Now for the afternoons its pretty much the same setup. For the evenings, I’m fortunate enough to work close to home. This allows me to go home every day for a 30-minute dinner break. This is where we would all sit down and talk about our day over a warm meal. This is when I wish I could pause time so that I can spend a little more time w...
... middle of paper ...
...stories and controversies. At the same time, there was some friends and family who no longer exist in my friends list because of disagreements over the elections. Now that the elections are over, maybe we can reconsider our friendship status.
For my opinion, social media is two thumbs up and has made my communication lifestyle easier. At the end of the day, social media is a very effective tool when it comes to communication. The sky is the limit for its development. What would the future of social media look like in 5 years from now, I’m not sure but it continues to make our lives more efficient. I strongly believe that one who decides to abandon the use of social media, even for a few months, they would not know how to get around and may have to take a crash course on the changes made. This is due updates to the programs that include bug fixes and program changes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nowadays, our busy American lives has gotten even more busier and complex than before. Some of the reasons for this is the fact that both parents in a household most likely are working a fulltime job and the kids are pre-occupied with after school activities, such as sports, band, or just locked in their room finishing up their homework. When and how do we communicate with each other. What kind of social media tool do we use to communicate. In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am.... [tags: Social media, Communication, A Great Way to Care]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The world today revolves around social media. Almost everyone has some kind of social media outlet that allows them to communicate with the outside world. Social media is so prevalent now that even businesses have turned to social outlets to attract customers. Observations made in this project were made through the use of social media. The observation made in this project is to show how social media is a virtual community and it allows people to express themselves however they want, social standing in the community, and how people are always connected through social media.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Virtual community]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Today, social media feels like it has been around forever, but it’s only been a little over a decade. Many companies grow their organizations using social media. There is so much involved that many don’t realize the effect it has on an organization. Learning how different people use social media can have a positive effect on business when it comes to customer interaction, timeliness of responses, and promotions. The very first social media site was called Six Degrees and was invented in 1997 (The History of Social Media, 2015).... [tags: Social media, Communication, Facebook, Twitter]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever thought do we really have privacy or do we really know what is privacy to the world. Many people today have no clue what is privacy on social media is especially teens. There are many teens that just put everything out there like their location, personal information, or even their own family relatives information. Some of the most popular social media sites that teen like are Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat , Facebook. The teens that go on here show what they may be doing and these apps let them put their location on there.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Adolescence, Want]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- According to the Webster Dictionary, social media is defined as “forms of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content.” No matter if social media is making people vulnerable or helping the children communicate, social media is affecting the youth for the good and for the bad. It’s starting to become a controversial subject. In this generation social media is taking an uprise and seems to have become a popular trend.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, MySpace]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- The rapid evolution of the internet in recent years has brought about many exciting changes and features, but many negative side effects have evolved as well. Nearly all young people with internet access will use some type of social media to some extent, but how does this impact them. Social media can be an incredibly powerful tool, but the negative aspects can pose risks in many situations. The use of social media should be encouraged, especially among college students, but since there are negative side effects to social media, better education of how to make use of the benefits and avoid the negative aspects should be in place.... [tags: Social media, Internet, Twitter, Facebook]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Social networks have become increasingly more significant in our lives and in society. They connect us to the people in our lives, keep us informed on current events, and provide us with entertainment. Not only do they allow us to communicate with other individuals around the world and information but they also afford us social capital that we did not have access to before. Social media sites such as facebook and myspace which focus mostly around social connections and entertainment based user content are usually the first we think of when social media sites are mentioned but they are not the only kind of sites available.... [tags: Sociology, Social network service, Social media]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- “Digital technology will fundamentally transform education, the way we work, play and interact with one another suggest that these new media will have an even greater impact on our culture than the invention of writing and reading” (Furedi, 2014). Social change is the transformation over time of the institutions and culture of a society. In today’s culture, technology and social media is something that effects everyone. These days, everyone is involved with technology of some kind. There have been many social and cultural changes in the past ten years due to social media and technology.... [tags: Sociology, Social network service, Social media]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- People of the new digital generation know all about social media. Social media is used in lots and lots of different ways and viewed by many very differently. Older people that have been around long before the digital media feel that social media and interaction over the internet is horrible and stupid. The generation of today eats up social media we live, breath, and focus solely on social media and wonder what everyone around us is doing. Social media can be used for many different things business growth, business connection, family connection, and personal connection.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Firearm, Gun]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Majority of us can sit for hours on any giving hand held technology playing games, chatting and other social activities without ever meeting or having direct interactions with them which in some case is a good thing. The problem arise when this changes and we are left with where to go but be out and socialize with a group of people outside our normal comfort zone e.g.; our home. Using teenagers for example, finds it hard to fit into social event because they spend most of their time texting and using emoticons to express their feelings without ever altering a word.... [tags: Sociology, Emotion, Family, Social media]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- The Other Wes Moore : What Point Do You Believe Circumstances Or Choices Impact Your Life?
- Budget Planning And Control Plan
- Science Fiction Comedy Hybrid, We Are Hooked By Charlie Kaufman
- The Tragedy, And Heroism Are The Heart Of World Literature
- The Four Types Of Reinforcement
- Children Must Help The Child