The word friend carries so much value, yet people just do not take the meaning of the word friend serious anymore. A long time ago people had true friends, they could always count on their friends. They were always there when they were needed. True friends are there even when it’s not convenient. People want friends like the friend’s people had a long time ago. In this generation, people don’t know if they are dealing with a loyal friend, a convenient friend, or a frenemy.
The loyal friend is the friend everybody wants, but it’s so hard to trust people nowadays. A loyal friend is a truthful friend, reliable, genuine, and trustworthy. Loyal friends are there when they are needed; occasionally just to be a listening ear. Loyal friends are trustworthy there is not a doubt the conversation will be exposed. When people need support and someone to just lift them up the could count on their loyal friend to be there. The loyal friend is the friend that stands up for their friend whether they are around or not. They do not always agree with their friend, but they respect their friend decisions. Loyal friends are the friends that do not compete with their friend. They are there to help their friend meet his or her goal and succeed. They keep their word and commitments even when it isn’t convenient. For instance, Jane was busy, however, Jen needed a ride so Jane stops what she 's doing to give Jen a ride because she said she would. Being a loyal friend isn’t always easy, it takes practice and patients.
The convenient friend is the friend that comes around, but only when it is convenient for them. They are unreliable; they always have an excuse when someone needs them for anything. Convenient friends only reach ou...
... middle of paper ...
...tend they do.
So much has changed when dealing with friends. People need true friends; they can depend on. Nowadays people have to analyze what kind of friend they are dealing. If a person can count on his or her friend to always be there no matter what the case may be. Even if it’s just being a listening ear; like a walking diary. They have themselves a loyal friend. If every time a person, ask his or her friend to do something and they always have an excuse unless it 's beneficial to them. That would be his or her convenient friend. The friend that is really a rival of his or her friend, but will pretend to be loyal. That’s what people call a frenemy. Friendships are being neglected and it’s causing them to die. Friendship is hard work; people just have to determine if the friend is worth the work. If you have true friends hang on to them, they are hard to come by.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Grandparents are the best of friend and kind person you will ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughter very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of story and they always seem to have candy or cookie with them. Children are always excited to about their grandparents ' visitations especially on holidays or birthdays. They hoped that one day they will see their granddaughter grow up and change the world. A Long the way their life turn upside down and they never get to see that day comes to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Where are you Going, Where have you Been. – Connie’s Choice I think Connie opened the screen door because she wanted to escape from her life with her family into some kind of fantasy. I think there were other reasons also, but the story points to this one in many places. First of all, Connie was not happy at home. The story says that her father "was away at work most of the time," and "didn't bother talking much to them," so Connie didn't have love from him and had to find male attention somewhere else.... [tags: Where Are You Going Where Have You Been]
468 words (1.3 pages)
- Death and Reality in "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" by Joyce Carol Oates Joyce Carol Oates' "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" is about a young girl's struggle to escape reality while defying authority and portraying herself as a beauty queen; ultimately, she is forced back to reality when confronted by a man who symbolizes her demise. The young girl, Connie, is hell- bent on not becoming like her mother or sister. She feels she is above them because she is prettier.... [tags: Where Are You Going Where Have You Been]
1268 words (3.6 pages)