Before I traveled abroad, I did not have that much experiences with other culture. My friend trained me several skills to prevent misunderstanding the culture different and to gain indirect experiences before I actually arrived in that country. As she understood the culture different, she wanted to show me the different between people from another world. Then she taught the language to enhance me with some little skills how to impress or communicate with those people. As well as she reminded me the different of greeting from those culture and American culture. Some of them did not like handshake, hugging or kissing; they simply said “hello” in their language. In addition, that special person reminded me that another Asian people nook their head up and down when they disagree and shake their head to left and right when they agree. This friend enjoys to help and train me as she never thinks that helping her friend to learn s...
... middle of paper ...
...riend is not only thoughtful, but also helpful person that I could count on. That friend will not disseminate personal information into the public or to other people if that information is not appropriate to do so. She is a truthful person that realize when she should keep things secret and when not.
A right relationship is hard to find as a right friend is hard to leave. That special friend always remains significant in my life. She is usually a reliable, caring, patient, and the best supporter person; as well as, she never put her friend down even her friend makes any mistakes. This special friend is also a truthful person and could be everything that I could count on. People are different, but this friend is more important even she is not a perfect person. Like one quote said “Good friend is hard to find, but true friend is hard to leave and difficult to forget.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendship is an everlasting bond that demands love, trust, and making sacrifices. It is a mutual union in which people expect selfless support and motivation from their true friends. The bond can, however, only last if friends are there for each other in good and bad times. Friends do not only help each other in overcoming challenges, but they also bring happiness in one’s life. Friends are an essential ingredient to live a prosperous social life. In the novel Frankenstein Shelley expresses the worth of friendship through Henry Clerval’s self-sacrificing support for Victor.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- William Shakespeare’s Hamlet is a tragic play. Most of the characters in the play have selfish motives at heart. Lust, greed, pride, and revenge are just a few sins that are committed in the play. There are few instances within the play that show goodness and kindness. Hamlet has so many people around him trying to bring him down, but he had one friend that was loyal to him, and that was Horatio. The other key characters in the play were only out for their own good. However Horatio was looking out for Hamlet.... [tags: Shakespeare's Hamlet]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Let go and examine what is the “true friend” means. According to dictionary, synonym for “true” is real, exact, and right. “Friend” is a personal relationship between two people or more. Moreover, true friend is a person who has close meaning to best friend or good friend; however, a true friend is more meaningful than good or best friend. That person seems to be special and hard to find. A true friend also does things for us without wishing to get anything back in return. This special person is also influence our heart and mind.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Friendship is like a flower. It grows from a seed and blooms into a beautiful flower when taken care of carefully. Acquaintances, co-workers, false friends, and true friends are all different types of friends. True friends are the hardest to find, but they’re also the ones that will never leave you. True friends are always there to offer a helping hand whenever you have problems. It took me many years to find a true friend. It was an ordinary Sunday morning; the sun was shining as usual. I put on my youth group uniform, which consisted of a white shirt and a navy blue skirt.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction When asked what makes someone a true friend, many people will respond by stating that a true friend is someone who listens, who can be trusted with deep and dark secrets, and of course someone who you can both be serious with and have plenty of fun with. Friends represent a group of people that relate to each other in one way or another; for example, sharing common interests, or coming from similar cultural backgrounds. Research has shown that during adolescence and emerging adulthood, the emotional center of the lives of young people shifts from their immediate families to people who are not a part of their family; namely, friends.... [tags: Adolescence, Drug addiction, Alcohol]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- In William Shakespeare’s tragic play Hamlet, Prince Hamlet conspires to avenge his father’s murder. Throughout the play, Hamlet spirals through bouts of insanity, depression, and hostility. However, across his tragic tale, Hamlet’s old friend Horatio remains a constant. A scholar and a loyal friend to Hamlet, Horatio acts as one of Hamlet’s many character foils, meaning his characteristics contrast to Hamlet highlighting certain personality traits and allowing the reader to understand Hamlet. Horatio’s minor role is vital to the story of Hamlet.... [tags: hamlet, shakespeare]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- My birth on July 12, 1817 was the start of a life that would be what I wanted it to be(Salt 17). The evidence that I would lead a life of my very own was very prominent from the day I started school. I done well in school but I had a difficult time staying focused and following the rules. School did not interest me, but I persevered all the way through college. Graduating in 1837 was no easy feat. I had to interact with people daily, and my reserved, impersonal personality made it excruciatingly hard to make friends.... [tags: Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Very few are familiar with Alfred Edward Housman better known as A. E. Housman or his works. As Housman matured and evolved, so did his poems. His success overshadowed many other poets during that time. The majority of his poems expressed his love for his heterosexual college roommate, Moses Jackson.That expression of love was a driving force behind most of his poems.That defining point in his life catapulted his writing style. Housman was best known for his creative love poems with weird endings, due to this hidden passion.... [tags: poems, weird endings, true friend]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Augustine writes, “For I had lured him from the true faith, which he had held in a thoroughly immature conviction, to the superstitious and baneful fables which my mother deplored in me” (The Confessions, Book IV, paragraph 7). Augustine and his childhood friend held the attitude of many young people trying to get away from their parents and community, rebelling against the faith and teachings of those that raised them. Augustine was one of those rebellious adolescents insistent on finding his own way in life and faith; the problem comes as he influences his friend to come with him on his journey.... [tags: The Confessions, Augustine]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- Why I Chose This Image For New Delhi Metro By Neelabh Banerjee And A Part Of The Project
- God 's Arbiters By Susan Harris
- Creating Internal Listening Environment : An Organization
- Marketing Orientation : A Market Orientation
- Parental Guidance Film Review : Movie Review
- Addiction Is A Strong And Harmful