What is social media marketing and what does it have to do with you? Well, I 'll answer those questions by saying this: Social media marketing is simplified in terms of reaching customers through sharing a message through written content, videos and images.
The concept is to gain increasing traffic and attention from those who use social media. Social media marketing covers various social networks which enables you to communicate activities and short messages with others. Examples of social media sites are of course, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
Social media marketing is a little different from what you may think. It also permits businesses to reach potential customers on a larger scale. The customers are allowed to interact with brands through social media, so the need to have a strong marketing plan is essential. Your presence is the primary factor in social media and your very existence can bring remarkable progress and I will tell you why.
Not only are you able to converse with your customers, you can share ideas in an instant with photographs, videos and more. The implementation of social media has changed the way people view brands and entrepreneurs.
Linking Search Engines and Social Media
Often times, I have a need to search an item and the search will direct me to a social page for the specific brand. I was so taken aback that I had to ask the question: What is social media marketing doing that it would effect my search for the nearest Kentucky Fried Chicken joint?
I certainly wasn 't expecting to see a KFC fan page! At last glance, Kentucky Fried Chicken 's fan page had 152 shares on their latest post, over a million visits and close to 40 million lik...
... middle of paper ...
...et an audience that is difficult to reach otherwise. Creating a Facebook Fan Page begins with posting images, videos and communication.
Twitter will only allow a certain amount of words or characters in a single post, however, you can upload videos and post pictures. There are thousands of others in related fields that post specials, re-tweet, and update. Interaction is a major role when it comes to tweeting with Twitter.
Pinterest is no less a social media marketing tool. Its audiences have the ability to have numerous boards that they pin their interest to so that others may view and share thousands of ideas from Barbie dolls to home improvement ideas. Small business, crafters and DIYers are also permitted to display their talents and hobbies.
Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube should not be excluded from the list of viable options for social media marketing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What Is Social Media Marketing. What is social media marketing and what does it have to do with you. Well, I 'll answer those questions by saying this: Social media marketing is simplified in terms of reaching customers through sharing a message through written content, videos and images. The concept is to gain increasing traffic and attention from those who use social media. Social media marketing covers various social networks which enables you to communicate activities and short messages with others.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- If it seems as though the world of social media marketing has already changed dramatically in the last year or so, that may be nothing compared to what we will see in the coming year. Below, we explore five upcoming trends with the power to change how you approach your social media marketing strategy. Reduced Organic Reach Facebook was simply the first in what is certain to be a long line of reduced organic reach. In the past, marketers were accustomed to leveraging the power of social media for free.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- According to Diamond 2008, social media marketing is marketing that concentrate on people and not products. The company can represent the product through a promotional tool if possible all that really matters is customer’s feedback. Marketers are scared about social media marketing because people provide and control the content posted, therefore negative word of mouth can be said about the brand which can spread worldwide in the twinkle of an eye. Social media does not only help companies and brands expand or create awareness it also influences consumers behavior in terms of gathering information, purchasing decision, opinions, attitude and brand evaluation.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Social network service]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Marketing departments find that the biggest challenges they face is how to market their products to a large audience. To successfully implement a marketing and advertising strategy for their organization the marketing department most look into all the tools and outlets in which will reach their target market. With the new popularity of social media and its global reach provides marketing departments with a powerful tool to reach its target market. To achieve penetration to the target market, marketing department must keep consistency but also differentiate their advertisement campaigns to accommodate their individual market segments (Cadotte & Bruce, 2003).... [tags: Marketing, Social media, LinkedIn, Advertising]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Results Task 1: Analysis of Scholarly Journals and Articles on the Topic of Social Media Marketing The analysis of the scholarly articles and journals provided a large amount of information on social media itself and the effectiveness of using it as a marketing strategy. In the article “From Social to Sale”, the authors’ findings indicate that television advertising and e-mail marketing have a positive effect on consumer spending (Kumar, Ashish, et al). They also found that consumers with greater privacy concerns are less likely to participate in a company’s social media site.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Facebook]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Top Social Media Marketing Trends to Help Marketers Dominate In 2016 Want to change the way you leverage social media for digital success this year. It’s time to evaluate your social media strategies, and differentiate great tactics from ones that have under-delivered. This evaluation is really important to come out with a unique social media strategy to rock the markets in 2016. There are a bunch of opportunities which can let you shine on the social media front. So let’s have a look at highly effective social media trends that will help you dominate the market in 2016.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Social media]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Social Media Marketing Advancements in technology allow communication to be more efficient and more reliable. Websites have been designed that are based on social interaction and businesses are getting involved online to connect with their consumers through this Internet site. These websites are called, social media, and it offers a way for consumers to network by sharing content that is accessed online. An article from the California Management Review defines social media as, “the way in which people interact to create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks” (Katona, 2014).... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Business, Facebook]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- 5 Effective Tips to Maximize Social Media as a Marketing Platform Many small to mid-sized business owners have grasped the importance of utilizing social media platforms to increase their overall exposure. The challenge for businesses who want to optimize their social media marketing campaigns is that marketing trends are constantly evolving — making it necessary to make adjustments in the middle of their campaigns. While there are some social media marketing practices that are extremely trendy, there are other practices that are consistently used to solidify online marketing campaigns.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Marketing]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Everyone likes socks; I being a sock lover my brand is Stance. Stance does not just make socks; they also produce underwear as well. Stance was founded by Jeff Kearl and many others in 2009. Stance has used social media to promote their brand; they use sites such as, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; they are very active on all three. Their posts include pictures of the socks they are promoting, videos about their product, and retweets and shares of customers who promote their product. A competing brand on Stance is a company called Arthur George, founded by Robert Kardashian back in 2012.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Social media marketing]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Photographs, infographics, and other types of visual content seem to be the latest trend in social media marketing, which is great because they are a lot of fun to create.However, you can’t post just any old picture to Instagram and expect to become an overnight sensation. Gaining followers and getting likes and comments on Instagram often proves just as difficult as it is on any other social media network. In this article, we provide you with 8 tips that will help you get the most out of your Instagram posts, based on the recent research conducted by Dan Zarrella of HubSpot.... [tags: Social media, Social media marketing, Comment]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- An Effective Team For A Group With High Levels Of Interdependence, Commitment, Trust, And Accountability
- Teaching Thinking By Teaching Writing
- The Soviet World War II
- Erikson 's Theory Of Childhood
- Common Core Curriculum For High Quality Academic Standards
- The Paradox Of Olbers By Heinrich Wilhelm Olbers