What is music and how is it bad? According to Mo Tzu, “Making music is bad!” (Tzu, 425) He believes there are more important things to do with your time than to create music. Creating goods for the community, stimulating finical growth with the goods, and time management are more important that creating music.
What is considered music? Music is defined as: “Not only singing and playing instruments but also dancing, banquets, and other expensive entertainments that went along with the enjoyment of music by wealthy people in ancient China” (Tzu, 425). In other words, music is any delightful community event that is expensive and takes time away from the community. It includes all stages ranging from the planning stages to the main event. Including the creation of the instruments, stages drawn up and constructed, feeding the people, and paying them for using up their time.
Why is creating music bad? Creating music is bad because there will always be a more valuable duty that needs to be completed to sustain the community. Creating goods like pots, pans, clo...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Essay Sample on "Rap - The Music of the Tough Guys" The music rap only a decade and a haft old , finally notice by the world in 1990 as real music had has its real downfall with violence and corruption that surounds this new kind of music. Its gotten so bad 1/20 people that listen to rap has run into the law that been influence by listening to music.That in order to stop all this violence that involves rap we must learn to understand were their coming from why the offending lyrics.... [tags: 90's Music]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- For my final project I have chosen to analyze Blank Space and Bad Blood by Taylor Swift, which are singles from her album 1989 that was released in 2014. I selected these pieces primarily because I really like Taylor Swift and her music. I like really upbeat song, with very distinct and strong rhythm that are very catch, which is what a lot of her songs are. I also chose these songs because I feel like they are representative of modern popular music, at least to an extent. I initially wanted to look at the entire album but that would be way too many songs to focus on the elements of them individually so instead I just decided on these two songs partly because they are among my favorite songs... [tags: Music, Musical instrument, Baroque music]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Have you ever had a bad day, turned on happy music and immediately felt good. Emily Lewis, a graduate student at California Institute of Integral Studies says,“Listening to music, sound, and healing is all really about relaxing the nervous system.” In other words music helps and removes stress in the body by relaxing the nervous system in your body. In other cases music can also be used to help with lack of motivation in some activity you 're doing. There is endless of physiological benefits that people get by listening to music.... [tags: Emotion, Brain, Music, Nervous system]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- After a rough day, when you come home from work, you need something that will make your day better. The best choice you will have is listening to your favorite type of music. You can just turn on your compact disc player and have a great time listening to your music collection. Everyone has a music collection or at least a favorite genre. Did you know that just for English music there are over 10 genres. There is one for everyone. We all have different choices for music, none is better than the other.... [tags: Music]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- How many hours, on average, do young adults spend listening to music and watching television. For music, young adults spend about two and a half hours listening throughout the day. Music is merely organized sound that is meaningful and designed to entertain the audience listening. Music and television are more than just relaxing activities to spend extra time but can affect the psychological and developmental process of young adults. It may help young adults get their feelings across easily, but it does more harm than good.... [tags: Music ]
1963 words (5.6 pages)
- Although artists do not create certain music to cure diseases or to make scientific or technological discoveries, music is one thing society can never live without. To both artists and their listeners, music provides an indispensible beauty that helps fulfill lives, and connect to nature. Music expresses the human condition in the purest way and affects everyone at a personal level. Plato, a well-known classical Greek philosopher once said, “If you want to measure the spiritual depth of society, make sure to mark its music.” Generally performer collaborate songs to represent the popular pop culture, and social issues, and wish for their society as well as their current era.... [tags: Music ]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- At a young age music is brought into a child’s life, parents even use music to sooth a baby before it is even born. Music has a huge impact on pop culture. What is popular culture some may ask. Well you can break pop culture up into two words, popular and culture. In Merriam- Webster Popular is defined as commonly liked or approved (“Popular”). The word Culture is defined in the same dictionary as the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education (“Culture”). With that said, is this pop culture hit a good influence on childrens’ lives.... [tags: Music ]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Digital music piracy has been a worry of the music industry since the creation of Napster in 1998. Piracy is the act of stealing something that does not belong to you which has been outlined in our society as something that is bad or against the law. There are many articles out there that highlight music piracy but four main important ones include: “The Music Industry on (the) Line. Surviving Music Piracy in a Digital Era” by Jelle Janssens, “Neutralizing Music Piracy: An Empirical Examination” by Jason R.... [tags: Music]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- Bad Rap I can recall the cold weekend in November after I got my drivers license and my strong urge to go to a dance club on a venture to bond with new faces. The only information I knew about this small, local boom-room was the age limit, dress code and the cover price. When I arrived at the club with my 3 high school friends, we were more than astonished by the overly crowded parking lot that looked similar to tailgate parties at a National Football Game. After paying at the door and getting carded for an ID, we passed through the doors that would lead me to a shocking personal experience.... [tags: Music Papers]
2160 words (6.2 pages)
- What Is Music. According to the dictionary music is having rhythm, melody, or harmony. But it's really underestimated, more so than anyone actually realizes. Music is a learning, a therapy, and teaching tool. Music adjusts our moods, and used throughout our lives. To lead a healthy life, we need to incorporate music. Whether playing it, listening to it, or using it. Music is therapy because of its positive changes in human behavior. The therapy consist of singing, playing instruments, moving to music, and listening to music.... [tags: Music]
360 words (1 pages)