In many instances in the preschool years, children are given the same learning tools to be used to teach them shapes, colors even the A,B,Cs, but some of these children are more advanced than their peers. Is it right then to give the more advanced children the next step up in learning tools from other graded levels? Is better to advance them to another grade level or do we as the parents and teachers ignore the more advance children and keep our attention and concerns of the majority of students that are average. In many cases, these children that are considered too advanced are left in the same learning environment regardless if the child already knows the learning material. Many studies have been done to show when a child is not being stimulated they tend to get bored, causing them to act out and also have behavioral issues.
Many times I wondered if parents or educators really do their job, by noticing in time if children need help developing certain learning skills ...
... middle of paper ...
...is gifted. Retrieved from BabyCenter.com: http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-tell-if-your-preschooler-is-gifted_65003.bc
Nathani, S., Ertmer, D. J., & Stark, R. E. (2006). Assessing vocal development in infants and toddlers. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 20(5), 351-369. doi:10.1080/02699200500211451
Passig, D., Noyman, T., & Eden, S. (2002). Improving the Awareness to Toddlers' Initial Emotional Experiences in Kindergarten with Virtual Reality. Educational Media International, 39(2), 185-193. doi:10.1080/09523980110067496
Ryokai, K., Farzin, F., Kaltman, E., & Niemeyer, G. (2013). Assessing multiple object tracking in young children using a game. Educational Technology Research & Development, 61(2), 153-170. doi:10.1007/s11423-012-9278-x
Waldfogel, J. (2006). What do children need?. Public Policy Research, 13(1), 26-34. doi:10.1111/j.1070-3535.2006.00417.x
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Advanced Practice nursing (APN) is considered the usage of a broader scope of constructive, logical and research-based expertise related to the health and well-being of patients, within a varying disciplines (DeNisco & Barker, 2013). What is the future position of APNs in the progression of our healthcare system. What role will this writer assume, educator, practitioner, population health coach, or all three. The use of theory, primarily Sister Callista Roy’s Adaptation Model, and EBP give this writer a firm foundation to develop and modify her own practice framework.... [tags: Advanced Nursing Practice Career]
2982 words (8.5 pages)
- This observation was mostly conducted behind a one way glass. I watched the children but they did not know I was there. The ages of the children served in that program were in the range of 18-36 months. Curriculum used in that program is considered Creative. Qualifications for staff must hold to work in this program is a Child Development Associate’s degree (CDA) or Bachelors in Early Childhood Education. The kind of family involvement this program offers includes training, car seat safety, health dept.... [tags: Toddler Observation Essay]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Aiming to gratify others has a tendency of making people act in ways other than their usual self. As one begins to act the way others want them to they begin to lose distinctiveness and individuality. For Colored Girls who have Considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf by Ntozake Shange is about a specific set of women, who aim to please a certain man or different men. Each woman is hurt in some way by a man and as they progress throughout the series of “choreopoems”, they alter themselves in different ways to cause an effect upon the various men they associate themselves with.... [tags: stereotypes, For Colored Girls who have Considered]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Cloud computing as an advanced technology, its uses is rising rapidly and it is being paid a more developing consideration in the systematic, commerce and business field. It is based on the Internet, on which resources that can be shared as like storage, software and information are provided with computers and devices on the requirement. This emerging technology has ability to access a general collection of resources on demand. In place of buying separate physical devices as servers, storage, or any networking apparatus, customers give out these resources from a cloud provider as an outsourced service.... [tags: plataform, advanced tecnology]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- When I hear the word toddler I think of little girls walking around in mommy’s shoes, and miss matched clothing (because she’s getting to the age where she likes to dress herself.) And of course a cute smile that’s missing a few teeth. The word glitz, glamour and sashes don’t come to mind. Nor does the image of a little girl who’s fake from head to toe. Wearing wigs, flippers (fake teeth), inappropriate /reveling attire and fake tans. I don’t think of little girls dancing around a stage in front of hundreds of people getting judged on their “beauty.” Well, that is exactly what children’s pageants consist of.... [tags: Children]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Answering “no” to everything you say is a normal behavior for toddlers. This the stage in a child's life when she wants to test your limits as a parents and she wants to assert her own will. She may refuse to take a bath, have diaper changed or eat whatever is offered to her. Parents are often frustrated by this behavior, but experts advise not to take these personally because this is just a passing stage. Parents, however, may be worried about their child's nutrition when they become fussy at this age.... [tags: child development and behavior]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Media Consumption of Infants and Toddlers Lesly Longoria Texas Woman’s University Media Consumption of Infants and Toddlers With everyday technological advancement, the media consumption of infants and toddlers is a growing topic that not only brings up questions and concerns for parents and those who work with children, but also prompts multiple opinions on what is right or wrong. While research has been conducted to prove that media use by younger children is not harmful to their development, there has also been research done to refute these claims.... [tags: Infant, Developmental psychology]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- When baby are born are some born smarter than others. Perhaps it is a genetic gene that makes them smart. As these babies are growing into toddlers is it possible to teach them how to read. Can they understand what is going on. According to Sara Gable who wrote an article in ClassBrain.com: The brain's task for the first 3 years is to establish and reinforce connections with other neurons. These connections are formed when impulses are sent and received between neurons. Axons send messages and dendrites receive them.... [tags: Child Development]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Advanced practice nursing (APN) roles are diverse and encompass many different areas of nursing practice. Although nurse practitioners are often singled out as the primary APN role; APN roles can be clinical, educational, consultative, or leadership based. The advanced practice registered nurse is described by the American Nurses Association (ANA) as a masters-prepared nurse with expert knowledge, decision making skills, and clinical competencies (Krista, Kaisa, Riitta, & Anna-Maija, 2014). Advocating for advanced nursing degrees, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in conjunction with the Robert Wood Johnsons Foundation published a report in 2010 that suggested nurses with higher degrees would... [tags: Nursing, Advanced practice nurse, Registered nurse]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- This paper will evaluate the local, national and international drivers that have influenced the development of advanced nursing practice. The discussion will include the political, economic, social, and technological influences that have contributed to the transformation from the traditional nursing role to the numerous exciting advanced level career opportunities achievable in nursing today. Dynamics that have shaped my own current advanced nursing role will be discussed and to conclude some thoughts on the future of advanced nursing practice.... [tags: advanced nurse practitioner (ANP)]
1233 words (3.5 pages)