... middle of paper ...
...hose program managers who are leaving the government and the veterans who have graduated to managing billion-dollar programs? How do they share what they 've learned? Perhaps a federal program management council is needed. I don 't have all the answers, but I do know it 's going to take a focused effort to build a solid program management infrastructure that spans federal agencies and creates systems for sharing knowledge.
Simply stated, training alone won 't do it. There must be a commitment throughout the ranks to making program management a priority and providing the time and money to get it right and make real progress. “Program Management has been institutionalized for decades. It’s just becoming more formalized, forcing people to follow guidelines, be more diligent about doing everything you’re supposed to do” (Institute P. M., Milestones to Efficiency, 2015).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computers can be considered the eighth wonder of the world. Their use has become indispensible in every field – Communication, Database Systems, Banking, Robotics, Medicine, Vehicular Systems and what not. The World Wide Web and Internet has brought a new revolution across the world bringing the people closer through a plethora of networking applications such as chat, video conferencing, social networking and e-mail. When my father brought the first computer, a Pentium 3 processor, I was so amazed seeing the GUIs of the websites and the Windows have always attracted me.... [tags: learner, program, browsing]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Director, thank you for the opportunity to provide recommendations for the facility’s new Resistance Training Program. This is sure to be a great addition to our current walking program and will be an opportunity for the residence to progress even further. There is compelling evidence of these type programs being used and their effectiveness with the population of our residence. (Haggis 2013) Adding this aspect to our current offerings may appeal to other residence who may not be participating in the walking program and keep them from being further inactive.... [tags: walking program, yoga fitness program]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- For years, Duke University and the Medical Center, has ranked among the best institutions in the country for students and patients as a top university and hospital with some of the best graduate programs. Now, Dukes name has been moving up on prestigious lists. The university, hospitals and clinics across North Carolina, employs more than 30,000 faculty and staff. However, Duke uses The “Drug-Free Workplace Act” and the “Drug-Free Schools which, coincide with there Campus Regulation policy. Within the passed few years, Duke Substance program has achieve there goals by providing assistance to employees and students who are in jeopardy of losing employment or opportunity for a promotion.... [tags: Substance Abuse Program]
1042 words (3 pages)
- According to Dr. Michael Fullan (2016), implementation is the process of putting a program into practice new to the people attempting or expecting the change. Implementation is critical because it is the means of accomplishing the desired objectives. School officials must remember that change may take anywhere between two and four years to take place and should not give up on the plan early on if they do not see the desired results. An understandable implementation dip may occur when officials see a decline in anticipated outcomes before true success of the program is noticeable.... [tags: Need, Time, Computer program, Initiation]
1042 words (3 pages)
- This report analyzes a need for an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program at State University’s Alumni House (SUAH). The purpose of this report is to provide Mr. Rob Geis, Alumni House Manager, with the information necessary to begin an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program and to help process and solve unanticipated problems, while reducing high maintenance costs. The purpose of the preventive maintenance program (PMP) is to reduce structural damages, reduce monthly utility costs, and reduce potential problems, while educating employees about potential hazards, providing employees with a sense of environmental security, and increasing the physical appearance of the SUAH... [tags: Preventive Maintenance Program]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Marilao is located at the northwest of Manila, and with an approximate distance of twenty kilometers between them, it will take you merely fifteen minutes to arrive at Marilao via the North Luzon Expressway and about thirty minutes through the Mcarthur Highway. Marilao is in Bulcan which belongs to Region III or Central Luzon and lies geographically on the points 120° 57’ longitude and 14° 46’, latitude. A third of its total land area of 2,625 hectares is generally flat comprising mainly of farmlands and residential subdivisions while the rest, predominantly in the east, composes mostly of rugged areas along with some hilly portions.... [tags: Program Analysis]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- The atmosphere entertainment program at the Paris Las Vegas should, at its base, reflect the duality of the property: the artistry and classicism of the French methods of entertaining and living with the sensual allure and thrilling vibe of the Las Vegas Strip. Orion Productions proposes three variable programs, all which can be interchanged and combined to accommodate for high and lower traffic days and special casino and hotel promotions. Both male and female dancers will be enlisted for the program, to capture the romantic ambiance of a Parisian interlude or getaway.... [tags: Program Review ]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- a. Should Castulon Corporation establish a drug-testing program. Castulon should establish a drug testing program because of the potential benefits that overrides the potential risks associated with such program. The bottom line of the company is profitability and stakeholder’s benefits; however, drugs do not contribute to any of these. The company relies on employee productivity, reduces employee turnover and absenteeism, reduced cases related to workers compensations. The impact of the drug testing program within the company on their morale and productivity will be heavy but will soon wear off.... [tags: policy program, random testing]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction In the past decade, concern with the ethical accountability of companies has continued to grow. Consumers increasingly look to support and buy from companies that make ethical decisions. The government has also created new legislation that requires a certain level of ethics and creates encouragement for companies to go as far as to create ethics programs. The idea of “business ethics” is not new, but there is more pressure now than ever before on companies to prove they are making an honest effort to be ethical.... [tags: Business Ethics Program]
4000 words (11.4 pages)
- We choose to go to the moon... "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon, and returning him, safely to the earth. No single space project in this period will be more important in the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult of expensive to accomplish."(John F. Kennedy - "Special Joint Session of Congress", May 25th, 1961) With just a few words John F. Kennedy launched one of the largest endeavors that America has ever embarked upon.... [tags: space shuttle program apollo missions]
5281 words (15.1 pages)