After attending Hastings Boy’s High School the past 5 & half years, I have learnt many things, about myself as a person, I have acquired life skills, and a clearer idea of what I want for my future.
I am a keen sportsman. I play many sports, Indoor netball, football, surf lifesaving, surfing and canoe polo. With hard work and determination I have gained many rep honours, I have represented, Hawkes Bay Age group football, Hawkes Bay in surf lifesaving and U21 New Zealand canoe polo and the men 's eastern canoe polo team this year. I am also hoping to make the u21 New Zealand canoe polo team next year that travels to the world championships in Italy. Without having the opportunity that was given to me by Nicole hind a teacher at Parkvale primary who was the inspiration behind my polo career I would not have discovered my passion nor developed the skills for canoe polo? As a member of these teams I have received the opportunity to travel to different parts of New Zealand this year also I Travelled to Australia to compete in the Ocean championships where we took out gold. That teacher remains a very good family friend and she still watches me play polo to this day.
As well as being a keen sportsman. I have a passion for coaching. Giving kids the opportunities that was given to me at their ages gives me enormous satisfaction. I have coached at many different age levels from kids 6-16 all the way to men aged 40 with having such a range in ages this has given me the c...
... middle of paper ...
...believe with my skill set, ambition and aspiration i can help people succeed I could be a promising teacher I can build relationships and communicate with all types of people from different backgrounds, from young to old. I enjoy meeting new people. I am friendly, and easily approached. With these attributes I believe I have what it takes to become a successful primary school teacher.
I want kids to have what I have been given in life and to succeed.
Over the years i have done many things, stupid and smart. I have learnt no one is perfect not you nor me. Without school I would be as Mr Humugus says “staking bananas at Pak’n’Scab.”
I am excited to see what the future has in store & and can 't wait to explore.
Thank you for your time.
I would just like to end with a quote
“Behind every successful man there is a lot of unsuccessful years”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My ideal future would be being able to travel to places where I’ve been as well as to places where I haven’t been. I’d imagine myself being happy because I’d have everything I’ve ever wanted. Getting married, buying a house- even if it were a small house with only a few bedrooms in a quiet neighbourhood. After buying a house(,) I’d have a child so that I could spoil them the way my parents spoiled me. In my ideal future(,) I would work at home so that I could be able to spend time with my family I would be my own boss.... [tags: Need, Want, Future]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- In approximately one and a half years, pharmacy school is going to consume my life; therefore, it is a good idea to beginning planning what specific goals I am working toward. From the Pathways exercises, I realized what I hope for from my future career. I began to contemplate my values and my preferences. By doing this research on potential careers, I began to feel a sense of control over my future. While completing the Pathways exercises, I focused on my personal beliefs and interests. My number one priority is my family, and it comes before my career in my eyes.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Apothecary]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- I Want to Be Part of the Future I believe that education is the hope of the future, and as an educator I will be an important part of that future. Behind every president, doctor, lawyer, and parent there was a teacher. I believe that all children can learn and should be provided with the opportunity to do so. Education should be equal and without prejudice. Education should be provided to all children in accordance with their ability. Education should foster each child’s feelings of community, success, and self-esteem.... [tags: Philosophy Education Essays]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Reflection Paper Introduction The attention getter I chose was more of a life motto that I live by. It was to capture the thoughts of the audience to see if they could relate. In the years past, I have had to develop a way to overcome my obstacles. The overall effectiveness was mild since there was not a huge explanation to the picking of the quote. Two examples were provided to how a person can let fear hinder the future hurdles. Some suggestions I could give myself for the next presentation is to go more in detail with the attention getter for easier understanding of the audience.... [tags: Want, Need, Future, Better]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Pharmacy is going to consume my life pretty soon, so I needed to figure out what my end goal was. The Pathways exercises allowed me to realize just what I want from my future career. It made me contemplate what is important to me and what I enjoy doing. I was able to do some research on potential careers, and it was a good start to figuring out my life. When I was completing the Pathways exercises, I focused on my personal beliefs and interests. Family is my number one priority, and it comes before career in my eyes.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Field, Medicine]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- 11,352 miles away from Scotland, twenty backpackers, thirty young pupils, one room bursting full of questions and ambitions. This was no ordinary school, it was the local Primary School of Marupara, New Zealand. I made many educational and cultural stops as a backpacker but this was my favourite. I arrived at the school with full intentions of visiting the children, giving them a meal and leaving. I ended up going away with something unexpected, a clearer vision of what I wanted to do in the future.... [tags: Learning, Study skills, Homework, School]
712 words (2 pages)
- The opportunities and environment molded who I am today. A rare opportunity in middle school created a dream. For the past couple of years, I’ve worked hard and taken opportunities to help me achieve that dream. I think a Chicago Booth MBA would be the opportunity and environment for me to further advance my dream. I first found myself interested in finance and investment about eleven years ago when I joined my school’s Profits Club. In this club, we played a game called the Houston Chronicle Stock Market Game.... [tags: Personal Statement]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- While there are slight variations in how the functions are named and the different management theories might combine or divide certain functions into smaller chunks, the consensus points to five core functions. What do these functions entail, why are they important and how to utilise them. Planning The first managerial function involves planning. The function is about creating a detailed plan towards achieving a specific organisational objective. When you are planning, you are identifying the tasks, which are required to achieve the desired goals, outlining how the tasks should be performed, and identifying when and by whom they must be performed.... [tags: Management, Future, Want, Plan]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- It’s always so hard to find the words to begin a paper, especially one that will be primarily about oneself and the future. Needless to say, it’s pretty difficult to determine my future goals and method of achieving them when I can barely think of what my day-to-day goals are and how I’m going to stay on top of everything in the immediate proximity. Even with that being the case… I suppose reflecting on what I’ve learned over the semester is pretty easy to do. So I’m going to start with that. Things that I’ve learned about myself are that I haven’t really changed a whole lot from high school.... [tags: Time, Future, Want, Time management]
1049 words (3 pages)
- My five strengths in order are adaptability, futuristic, context, restorative, and maximizer. Adaptability are people who take one day at a time, and focus on the now and not the future. Futuristic people focus on the future and impact others with their thoughts of the future. Context people focus on the past and enjoy doing so. They also spend a lot of time learning about the history of the past to understand current events. Restorative people are ones who are good at figuring out a problem and then solving it.... [tags: Future, Want, Problem, Problem solving]
1206 words (3.4 pages)