When dealing with stress, I learned that Stressful situations increase the level of stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol in your body. Indulging in physical activity, when I am feeling stressed and tense, like going for a brisk walk in fresh air, can help relief that stress. Incorporating some physical activity into my daily routine on a regular basis, either before or after work, or at lunchtime can make a difference in my overall health. Regular physical activity will also improve the quality of my sleep. A lack of sleep is a significant cause of stress. Each day, try to relax with a stress reduction technique. There are many ways to reduce my stress, such as just talking to someone about how I feel can be helpful. Talking can work by either distracting me from my stressful thoughts or releasing some of the built-up tension by discussing it. Stress can be triggered by a problem that may on the surface seem impossible to solve. Learning how to find solutions to my problems will help me feel more in control thereby lowering my level of stress.
When it comes to communication, love, and relationships I learned that it’s never too late to start over or start fresh. Love is like a never ending story with unpredictable plot twists scattered throughout. Life happens, so don’t desperately search for meaning where there is none. Most ...
... middle of paper ...
...ything that does not truly bring you joy or help move you along the path to achieving your main life goals. Losing a pound of fat requires burning 3500 calories. If I reduce my caloric intake by 175 calories a day for the next 100 days, you’ll have lost 5 pounds in the next 100 days. Make it a point to associate with people you admire, respect and want to be like. When someone does or says something that upsets you, take a minute to think over your response instead of answering right away. Do one kind deed for someone every day, however small, even if it’s just sending a silent blessing their way. Make it a point to give praise and approval to those who deserve it. Practice empathy and stay in your own life and don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Life is hard at times. But when I overcome more challenges, I become much stronger then. So I’m going to embrace them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cultural Competence Researching and developing awareness of different cultures beliefs, values, and practice can help aid with providing cultural competent care. As a healthcare professional, this is an essential competent for caring for patient of different ethnicity group. “Organizations and individuals who understand their clients’ cultural values, beliefs, and practices are in a better position to be co-participants with their clients in providing culturally acceptable care” (Purnell & Paulanka, 2008, p.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Culture]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- With the concepts and skills I have learned from taking Business Communication 3301 I have personally been able to develop proper knowledge of writing a thorough essay to comply with business standards. This course has influenced my planning, searching and structuring in all aspects of my writing. I have learned, the more in depth version to basic skills in order to research the topics given and providing knowledge to properly plan for an assignment. This course assisted me in being able to create a solid foundation on which I am able to evaluate situations and respond accordingly.... [tags: Problem solving, Learning, Critical thinking]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Walking myself into this course I was nervous about the class. I was worried about if my time management and the whole English aspect was going to work. English is not my best subject and is one I struggle with. Although as time went by I enjoyed an abundant amount of assignments that were assigned. One assignment that I enjoyed the most was the major paper, Emulate a Writing. The assignment was a struggle but I learned about what I could do with my writing. I surprised myself and didn 't realized how invested I was into the assignment.... [tags: Writing, High school, Paper, Writing process]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Over the course of the semester, I have learned to apply crucial aspects of writing to my papers. For example, prior to this class I did not know how to brainstorm I would start writing without jotting down the main points of my essay or what I was going to write about. Throughout this semester I have been focusing on brainstorming first and it has helped me so much. In the beginning, I would not do this and I can tell from the quality of my first essays to my essays now, how much brainstorming has improved the level of my work.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Revision, Writing process]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Experiences of Walking and Jogging Course When I discovered that exercise courses are a required part of a degree programs I was less than thrilled. I decided to take walking and jogging because I reasoned everyone can walk. I was unaware of how much adding a walking routine to my schedule would change my everyday life. Since starting this course I have noticed some health improvements, found a way to get my family involved, and learned to schedule exercise into my basic routine. One of the benefits I have noticed over time is a gradual amount of weight loss.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Weight loss, Sleep]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- During the course of my college career I have discovered that it takes more than just completing assignments and attending classes to be a student worthy of the instruction one receives from a professor. It takes dedication, ethics, and a drive that comes from within to be a leader. One that others in the student population can look up to and model their academic career like; one that professors are pleased to have in their class. It has been my goal these years to be a student like this, and I have kept my drive towards this achievement action orientated at all times.... [tags: Learning, University, Teacher, Education]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout this motor learning and motor control course I have learned so much. I can honestly say that with everything I have learned I will be able to put to use in my life and coaching career. A lot of what I learned was terms that dealt with the body and how it moves like motor learning, control, development, learning, skills, abilities, error, retention, and so much more. Motor learning involves the study of the acquisition of motor skills and motor control is the study of how the neuromuscular system function to enable coordinated movement.... [tags: Learning, Skill, Motor control, Psychology]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Course Expectations and Student Learning A news article on “The Chronicle of Higher Education” discussed the recent, annual study by the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) (Berrett, 2015). Specifically, the results from NSSE (2015) indicated that only 54% of first-year students and 62% of seniors related that they were “challenged to do their best work” in their courses (p.3). This is important because the study notes that students who felt there were high course expectations were more likely to experience higher-order learning and had effective learning strategies (NSSE, 2015).... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, University]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- Course Expectations and Student Learning An article on The Chronicle of Higher Education website discussed the recent, annual study by the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) (Berrett, 2015). Specifically, the results from NSSE (2015) indicated that only 54% of first-year students and 62% of seniors related that they were “challenged to do their best work” in their courses (p.3). This is important because the study notes that students who felt there were high course expectations were more likely to experience higher-order learning and had effective learning strategies (NSSE, 2015).... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, University]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- Lessons Learned “Hey hun, how did ya sleep?” my husband Max said as he gave me a quick peck on the cheek. “Fine. What time is your meeting?” I asked “The Board is meeting at noon and then I have another briefing at 2.” He took a sip of his orange juice and asked, “What do you have planned for today?” “Well... ya know it’s Lucy’s birthday, I thought I would go see her.” “Okay I gotta go, try to be home before 5. We’ll go out to dinner. Ohh and can you pick Emily up from school at 4, I won’t be able to,” he said as he tightened his tie, grabbed his briefcase and then vanished through the kitchen door, not waiting for my reply.... [tags: Personal Narrative Friendship Essays]
3133 words (9 pages)
- Organizational Change Of A Multi National Corporation ( Mnc )
- The First Meeting Between Patients And Clinicians
- Video Games Vs. Modern Games
- The Primary Leader Of India 's Independence Movement
- Different Religious Perspectives That Might Shed More On The Morality Or Immorality Of The Captain 's Decision
- The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame