7. Do What Feels Important
"What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; build it anyway."
Often we avoid doing something good because we feel like it may all crumble and our efforts will be in vain. The truth is that everything might crumble! All the hard work you put in might have nothing to show for it. But, there is something more valuable that you will gain in the process.
When you spend years doing anything, you build knowledge, skills, and awareness. Those are things that can never be taken away from you. That means that if you had to do it all over again, you could. In fact, you could do it faster and better the second time around. So, don 't view any effort you put forward as a waste of time. Everything you do has benefit, even if you have nothing to show for it in the end, you can still feel the growth that you have experienced inside.
8. Recognize The Value In Others
"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things."
Do you feel like you have to do it all? You don 't! You just have to do what you can and want to do really well. There are other people out there who can work with you to bring things to life that you want.
This often applies to business. If you have a great skill set for reaching out and socializing with people, but you don 't have the ability to do the accounting, brains...
... middle of paper ...
...ly. His dad ignored him, his mother was more concerned with herself than him, and he was sent overseas for most of his childhood because they just didn 't want to deal with him. He lived with relatives who also didn 't want him, and he spent years feeling alone and abandoned. When he came back to his parents, they still treated him poorly, and he felt very low about himself. But, when he met my friend, she validated him as a person. He started to feel loved and, because of that, he started to go after more of the things he wanted in life. He turned out to be one of the most loving individuals I 've ever met, and he has contributed a great deal to this world, which he may not have done without his wife 's love.
In other words, make everyone feel wanted in your life. You may be giving someone the currency they need to do amazing things for themselves and other people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hearthstone is designed so that if you spend enough time you will never have to put any money into the game. After playing Magic the Gathering for the past several years, this is one of the most appealing things about Hearthstone. Many agree with this, but complain that if you want to play ranked and participate in tournaments you have to spend money on packs to get all the cards or spend countless hours grinding arena and getting dust. I 'm not disagreeing with this argument against the "free to play" approach, but I would like to discuss some of the benefits that are often overlooked.... [tags: Learning, Play, Game, 2005 singles]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what it would take to amass a million dollar retirement portfolio. Now you can wonder no more, because there’s a magic monthly savings number out there for you, and I’ll show you how to discover it. Once you uncover your magic monthly savings number, all you’ll need to do is set up a recurring, automatic monthly savings plan, and you’ll be well on your way to building your million dollar nest egg. First, Decide When You Want to Retire Whether you want to retire early, late, or at the typical age of 65, the number of years you have until retirement will have a dramatic impact on how much you need to save each month.... [tags: Investment, Rate of return, Finance]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t Secret Entourage What If I told you that with my method you could start your own business with zero money down, what would you think about that. What if I also told you that with this method there is no way you could take a loss. Would you get up and do something about it. Or would you rather sit around and wait for “better” opportunities that would in the end mean you have to put money down and might face huge risk.... [tags: Customer, Customer service, If You Have to Ask]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- There are many steps involved in building and maintaining a putting green. The first step that the Superintendent and Golf Professional staff needs to understand is that research and studying their options is the most important part to building a successful golf course and putting green. Without research for the grass and soil, diseases would run rampant, courses would be using dated technology, the grass would not be as easy to maintain, and costumer satisfaction would decrease causing a decrease in revenue.... [tags: turf glass, USGA green ]
3567 words (10.2 pages)
- Building Wealth Building wealth includes, having a control on finances, having a great job, great budget and investing your capital to make it grow. The reason people want to grow their wealth may include but not limited to having a retirement, college, and vacation fund. In the end, investing your money is wise, because it gives you spending power on things you may need and want. When it comes to investing, it is never too early to start. Time is the biggest factor that you can use to your advantage, for example, compound interest.... [tags: Investment, Capital accumulation, Saving]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- The first eighteen years of my life my father provided for me. Till this day my father pays my college tuition. I hardly ever worked but everybody loves making their own money. Throughout my high school years I mainly worked with my uncles. I never met the need of applying to a job, but I wanted to make money. I started off working with my uncles, but the job was not constant. The summer of my freshman year I went to the city market and worked for about a month. A year after I applied to the local McDonald 's, and lasted for about a month or two.... [tags: Leadership, Boss, McDonald's, Family]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- This paper reviews the principles of building a Teacher-student relationship that is positive, respectful and enjoying. It reflects on the importance of such relationship and what are some theorist’s opinions about such. Included are a few do’s and don’ts on how to build a healthy relationship that both benefit the teacher and the student and my opinions and understanding of each. At the end I have included a short interview with my co-worker Nilsa Torres. Torres has been a high school mentor in an after-school program in the past; however, she is now lead teacher at a community Head-Start Program in the North Philadelphia area.... [tags: the learning processs]
2445 words (7 pages)
- Every man has a story may it be interesting or may it be boring but it is still his story to tell. This is just a few instances in my life that I felt like things may have not turned out the way I thought they would, some will be good moments where things went better than expected and some will be horrifying to the point that I wished I never made the choices I did. There will be three parts of my life that I will explain two situations my toddler years (the ones I remember), my teen years while I lived in Texas, my teen years when I got to Virginia and, my senior year of high school (recent encounters).... [tags: High school, English-language films, Family]
1993 words (5.7 pages)
- The “Tween” Years The tween years are a fun time for children to engage in creative learning. They are fascinated by projects and enjoy spending time creating. They have a wonderful sense of humor and their fantasy life has evolved, probably sparked by books like Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series (all hail Olympians!) and Veronica Roth's Divergent Series (where choices become true). Children at this age are often voracious readers and you should do all you can to encourage them in this activity.... [tags: building unobtrusive guidance to life]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- When I first began school in this district at County Junior High in seventh grade, I had no idea that I, along with my classmates, would have the privilege of building the New High School. Of course I don't mean the physical, brick-by-brick building; I mean the building of High School's spirit, the tradition of pride and achievement that permeates every brick, every part of our school. I had no idea what impact we would have in both the academic and athletic realms. Our group activities have fought for and won honors that can be envied by every other school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
382 words (1.1 pages)