By interviewing four of my friends about their knowledge about finances and what does finance mean to them and how to improve it. The people that I had interviewed student, workers, parents and store owner. I had asked my friend Nawal who is a science major at Brought of Manhattan community college and he said that:
I am a science major I want to become a pharmacist so I can open my own pharmacy. For that reason, I have a part time job at a privet pharmacy that I am using to gain experience and to make some money. I actually spend my money wisely because I am international student and it is hard to work and to make money like everyone. But, with even that little amount of money that I make it every month I am able to buy books, metro card, pay my rent and food. Sometimes it is hard to manage my money between what I need and I really need, as I might spend the money in the wrong place that I will regret after. Sometimes, like when I am depressed I used to spend my money in clothes or sneakers not because I need them but because it just feels good. In fact, I knew that money I had spent will affect the rest of the month whether, I will be short in buying some groceries or paying my phone pill. It was hard to control that as I had learn from my own experience that money is the protector that I have to learn how to save it and increase it. In fact, that is what I think finance is about. May be in the future with a full time job I can save some money to improve my finance skills.
What Nawal said actually came from a true experience that he went throw.
Second was my coworker Ashly who is single mother for a three years girl. She said about her financial experience that:
It is hard when you are a parent especially when you’re...
... middle of paper ...
...had lost a good store because I could not manage it as I suppose to do. In market or any business in general there are good days and bad days. So, I learned next time I will open a business I will be ready for any bad days or slow business. I opened that store after three years from working and learning at my cosine’s store in Brooklyn. It is true that the location of the store is an important things that can affect your business.
To sums up what I have got from my interviewees that finance skills is something that we need to work on as much as we need to have a better future. I actually had learned a lot from their experience as I am trying to manage to pay back my school loan that had last year. I do have a strategy but I want to learn if there is other ways that I can invest my money so by the time of graduation I can return the loan and have left over money.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sources of finance A few sources of finance are short term and ought to be paid back within a year. Other sources of finance are long term and can be paid back over several years. Internal sources of finance are finances discovered within the business. For example, profits can be reserved back to finance growth. On the other hand, the company can sell items it owns that are no longer required to free up money. External sources of finance are discovered exterior the business, for example from creditors.... [tags: Finance, Economics, Term, Time]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Finance Personal Finance is a class I’ve wanted to take for a while now. My major is Finance not because I want a career in finance but more to learn about finance for my own personal situation. This class taught me so much. During this class I was able to evaluate my financial situation and set financial goals for myself. The four topics that helped me the most were emergency savings, buying a car, purchasing a home, retirement, and estate planning. After completing this class I have a better understanding of these topics and how to achieve my financial goals.... [tags: Investment, Pension, Personal finance, Automobile]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- 1. Explain why market prices are useful to the financial manager. The financial manager is responsible for giving financial advice and support to clients and colleagues that will enable them to make good business decisions. Particular work environments differ considerable and involve both public and private sector organizations such as retailers, corporations, financial institutions, charities, and even small manufacturing companies and schools (Financial Manager, 2011). Primarily, financial managers look at the market price in maximizing the value of the firm.... [tags: Finance]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Annotated Bibliography Darci Deakin Utah State University Annotated Bibliography Aldridge, A. (1998), Habitus and cultural capital in the field of personal finance. The Sociological Review, 46: 1–23. doi: 10.1111/1467-954X.00087 This article was one that I found rather interesting and think my audience of young adults will find it interesting as well. Although it was an article that focus on research related to personal finance, it did not give general information on how person finance will benefit them and how to better help people manage their money.... [tags: Finance, Personal finance, Investment]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Finance Wikipedia's accurate definition of finance is "The activity of finance is the application of a set of techniques that individuals and organizations (entities) use to manage their financial affairs, particularly the differences between income and expenditure and the risks of their investments" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance. I discuss the importance of keeping track and updating financial reports as well as simple bank statements. These are just some of the essentials that I believe we all as a people should acknowledge.... [tags: Business Finance]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- There are two forms of finance that can be utilised by the business, the first being external finance, this can refer to any type of finance that is acquired from outside of the business; the examples of this are discussed below. A debenture is a promissory note that is backed generally only by the integrity and reputation of the borrower and the borrower’s specific assets. This money is normally “loaned” to the borrower for a period of time, agreed by the debtor and the creditor; they will also agree a percentage of interest that the borrower has to pay back.... [tags: Debt, Economics, Finance, Bond]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- There are various government programs that help companies in financing the export of goods. These programs provide working capital, export insurance, and federal grant resources (The International Trade Administration, 2016). In the United States there are two finance institutions that provide finance assistance, the Foreign Credit Insurance Association (FCIA) and the Export-Import Bank (Eximbank). Another, alternative is short-term financing instruments, such as Bankers’ Acceptances, Trade Acceptances from a commercial firm, securitization, and bank credit lines to fund financing needs.... [tags: International trade, Export, Trade finance, Bank]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- 1.Introduction Small and medium sized scale enterprise ( SMEs ) occupies the crucial position among the worldwide economic activities, particularly in developing country, whose flourish has already became a sign of the rapid development of economy. However, more than half SMEs face the severe challenges of surviving. Among all the possible threats during business activities, inadequate access to capital is the most important factor to determine the enterprise’s destiny (CCH, Australia, 2013). Even worse, SMEs are under the tremendous stress of the financial and economic crises which lead to the depressed consumer market, contractive loan of financial institutions.... [tags: economy, finance, debt, bank, policy]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- Investigating the Sources of Finance I'm now going to investigate the sources of finance available to you when setting up your new business. I will separate the sources of finance needed into three categories; start-up costs, running costs and expansion costs. When starting up your new business premises will need to be secured from which you will trade. I'm going to look at ways that you could secure premises. The first option available to you is a mortgage; these are long-term loans offered by banks or building societies based on property as collateral.... [tags: Papers]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Finance, Cash Flow and Insolvency Report Background Information on Owensport Owensport a sole trader intends to setup a business manufacturing a new style of multi-gym in the Reading area. Here are the following fixed assets that he will require to run his business: * Premises * Machinery * Equipment (Office) * Vehicle Working capital * Labour * Spare Parts * Telephone * Stock * Lighting/heating/electric How to pay for the assets For Owensport to purchase his fix assets he should looking init two terms of finance, medium term finance is any thing from borrow money from 1-5 years.... [tags: Papers]
2757 words (7.9 pages)