What differentiates a list of project requirements from a Work Breakdown Structure
A work breakdown structure is a key project deliverable that organizes the team 's work into manageable sections. The Project Management Body of Knowledge. defines the work breakdown structure as a "deliverable oriented hierarchical decomposition of the work to be executed by the project team”. Basically the work breakdown structure is something that is put together which defines the scope something that project team can understand. On the other hand, project requirement is kind of a document which tell management, what has to be produced and the exact date of completion. It also is based on responsibility factors. Requirements are the expectations which the product need to fulfill. Requirements are collected from the customer, stakeholders and Sponsor.
What is the importance of developing a WBS to manage a project?
Whenever work breakdown structure come play, it basically saying or telling how work is broken down into smaller units such that whatever that has been put under a particular unit can be understood by the team members.
Work breakdown is an essential tool in project management. Project manager make very good use of the WBS. That is to say, it helps them manage the project efficiently. Another quality of PM is that they continue to keep the assignment smaller so as to be able to control every aspect of the project as required. When assignment or work are cut down into smaller unit, PM turn to have full control and are very comfortable in doing their job effectively.
How does the WBS contribute to the success of a project?
Work breakdown in the first place contribute a lot in the sense that, it asset in the properly and adequa...
... middle of paper ...
... complete the task. If actual work has been recorded, you must manually reduce the remaining work on the task.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to fast-tracking a project?
In many of the ongoing projects, including roads hospitals and important facilities, it is good to fast track whatever activity. The goal is to make sure things are done in a faster way than the normal. But it come with its own advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages to the fast track is that it saves money since the project finish date is already given.
Fast tracking has its own disadvantage too. As a matter fact, when a project is put together as quickly as possible, quality can suffer. More errors and omissions can, and probably will, occur. A construction project is extremely complex with many moving parts. If even one gets out of place, many more can come tumbling down.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Work Breakdown Structures Delineations: According to Wiley Encyclopedia, Work Breakdown Structure is "a systematic way of defining the scope of a project"(Freeman 2015) (Anon 2014).According to the delineation of Wiley, all Project Managers PM use it in their planning, accomplishment, and others. As GURU stated, the WBS is a tool for the scope planning. However, it is a perfect tool for scheduling as well (GURU n.d.)(Freeman 2015)(Egeland 2011).The program uses a chart, which represents the fundamental activities and the corresponding period for many variables such as the calendar, expenditure, status and the global progress.... [tags: Project management, Work breakdown structure]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- A. Content: This chapter emphasizes on acquiring the most important requirements, further dividing the product requirements from project requirements and makes us aware of the several requirements related problems which might occur. Generally, Requirements is a detailed description of the work need to be implemented to achieve the objectives. Behavior of the system and the environment which is suitable for the system is described by the requirements. Requirements are further generalized for the better understanding into the following types below mentioned.... [tags: Requirements analysis, Requirement]
1051 words (3 pages)
- In the first place, work breakdown structure is a key project deliverable that organizes the team 's work into controllable sections. The Project Management Body of Knowledge. defines the work breakdown structure as a Basically the work breakdown structure is something that is put together which defines the scope something that project team can understand. On the other hand, project requirement is kind of a document which tell management, what has to be produced and the exact date of completion.... [tags: Project management, Management]
709 words (2 pages)
- As more companies that are leading technology are transforming from the traditional waterfall development model to an Agile software methodology, requirements engineering provides a process for software engineers to understand the problems they need to solve (Martin, Newkirk, & Koss, 2014). It is of key importance to understand the customer 's wants and needs before beginning designing or building the computer-based solution, as developing a solution that ignores the customer’s needs provides value to none of the parties involved.... [tags: Requirements analysis, Software requirements]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- (1) Reflect on what you think might be some of the characteristics of the differentiated classroom based on your reading thus far. Tomlinson lists eight principles that guide differentiated instruction (Chapter 2: 1999). To what extent is each of these principles reflected in your classroom. Look at the brief profiles of Lin, Rafael, Serena, Trevor, Lesley, Danny, and Theo (Chapter 2; 2001). Who do they remind you of in your school or classroom. Contemplating on the idea of differentiated classroom, it can be seen that it involves the collaborative attempt of both the teacher and students to create a classroom environment that embraces diversity and differences.... [tags: Differentiated Instruction]
2494 words (7.1 pages)
- In this case study, the work breakdown structure is classified as a waterfall methodology where it is more rigid whereas eXtreme programming (XP) would be considered under the agile approach. The work breakdown structure (WBS) is a hierarchical structure that outlines tasks needed to deliver the product or service. This traditional project management tool can provide many key benefits for Sabre because they have recently relied on a large modelling software package to help their company make flight schedules more profitable.... [tags: Project management, Extreme Programming]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- The planning process is the most complicated and critical stage to the success of a project. A well-developed, comprehensive plan can serve as a powerful bridge in forming and managing the connection between the overall strategy and project delivery. Located in the heart of the county, the PMO of Pinellas county acts as a project management center to oversee its projects in different areas of the county in terms of standardized project management tools, practices and key performance measures. To increase the chance of success, the PMO needs to align its project management strategies directly with the county’s strategic goals.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Interior design is the art or process of designing the interior decoration of a room or building. ”Interior designers are creative, imaginative and artistic. They also need to be disciplined, organized and skilled business people.” states Careers in Interior Design (n.d.). Interior designers depend on their ability to satisfy clients. Interior designers must understand all the requirements such as artistic, technical, interpersonal communication, and management strategies. Artistic and technical requirements for an interior designer is that they must know how to plan a space and how to present that plan visually so that it can be showed to the client in a way they can understand.... [tags: artistic, technical, communication, mangement]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- 2.1 SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS SPECIFICATION (SRS) 1 INTRODUCTION Customers are interested to book hoardings without facing any difficulties. The information is gathered through the trivial process which is obvious not enough to manage. To provide such relaxation to customers we develop application to book hoardings of the particular agent online with prior confirmation. Customer and Agent need to register on to application and after that further process can be carried out. The company/agent should post any of his hoarding online for booking purpose.... [tags: Requirements analysis, Software requirements]
2181 words (6.2 pages)
- In the middle Ages, it was called melancholia. In the early 1900s, it was known as neurasthenia. From the 1930s to about 1970, it was known as a nervous breakdown. "Nervous breakdown" is a term that the public uses to characterize a range of mental illnesses, but generally it describes the experience of "snapping" under massive pressure, mental collapse or mental and physical exhaustion. Have you ever wondered how you can tell if someone is having a nervous breakdown. Or what causes them or how they're caused.... [tags: Nervous Breakdown Mental Collapse Stress]
443 words (1.3 pages)