I don’t want to bury this piece in the hard so I take it and put it in one of the champagne glasses on the hutch.
After putting the bag back in its place, I take a seat and the dining room table. Once again I scan the list and find what I’m looking for and cross it off.
Create a secret family recipe
I look over the list again and find another I get to cross off.
Have a whip cream fight
Before I have a chance to fold the paper and put it back, Abby grabs it, and the pen from me.
“What are you doing?” I demand
“I think it is time you also start adding to your list.” She says
“I thought the point was to cross things off.” I joke
“Yes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add some too.”
I watch as she scribbles a few items to the bottom, careful not to let me see what she is writing. Once she is done, she hands the list back.
I give her a dirty look and snatch the paper back from her and read the items she has added.
Go out on a date
Sing Karaoke at a bar
Do something stupid
Find Happiness Again
“Abby, seriously?” I ask, giving her a dissatisfied look
“What, those are damn good items to have on there.”
“So who am I going on a date with and who do I need to forgive?” I ask sarcastically
“I don’t know, I didn’t have anyone in mind, I’m only adding the first things that came to mind.”
“I do have one thing in mind that you could cross off rather than add.” She says shyly
I think I’m going to regret asking but I ...
... middle of paper ...
...me non-perishables. I do also have some home cooked meals packaged up if you are allowed to take those.” I tell him
“Wow, that is a big step. Good for you.”
“Thank you, I’m just glad that someone will be able to get some use out of them.”
“We can certainly use all the donations we can get, let me go get a cart. Oh and we cannot accept the home cooked meals to distribute, but you are welcome to pass them out.” He tells me and then walks off to get a cart
I turn to go back to the truck and run right into Abby. With my surprise of Kyle knowing my name I had forgotten she was here.
“Holy cow did you see him?” Abby blurts as soon as Kyle is out of hearing range.
“Uh, what are you talking about?” I ask looking behind me
“He is a hottie with a side of cake.” She points out
The truth is I hadn’t noticed, I was too busy trying to figure out where I knew him from. I look back
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I walked down the gravel road, breathing became more difficult as the harsh sun beat on my back. I did not know if I could withstand it much longer. All I could think about was the sun - until I made eye contact with a little boy. His oversized t-shirt was drenched in sweat and dirt. He was breathing heavily, fighting tears to no avail. It was then, the large mass on the side of his forehead became more obvious. I could no longer selfishly feel the heat - only empathy for I knew the root of his pain: denial of proper medical assistance.... [tags: Medicine, United States, Physician, Health care]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Arriving home, Louise drove down the driveway, opened the garage door and never saw the bikes parked in her space until she heard a crash and backed up. Getting out of her car she recognized her son’s bike, and figured the other one belonged to his friend. When she entered the living room, Wayne and his friend were coming down the stairway. Mike was standing at the top of the stairway and wanted to know, “What is wrong?” “Mom, I want you to meet my friend Benjamin,” Wayne said. “What were you yelling about in the garage?” Mike said.... [tags: Mother, 2007 singles, 2004 singles, Pop ballads]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- “Why are you doing this. Why. What for. Go to Victoria Falls or do something else, but not this...”, I said I am doing this for fun. Her eyes were wide open, she was looking at me with disbelief in her eyes. After she realized that I was not backing down she said “Okay, Good luck!” and walked away. These were the harsh words coming from a concerned lady that was standing next to me as I was getting ready to abseil off the world 's original highest commercial abseil in Table mountain. It is 112 meters long.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, 2005 singles]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- After Abby and I finished cleaning the kitchen and packing up all the food into Tupperware, I sort through the rest of the dry goods, so we can donate most of it to the food shelf at the shelter. Once all that is bagged up and ready I walk over to the hutch to retrieve my list and piece of the red mug. I don’t want to bury this piece in the hard so I take it and put it in one of the champagne glasses on the hutch. After putting the bag back in its place, I take a seat and the dining room table. Once again I scan the list and find what I’m looking for and cross it off.... [tags: Want, Debut albums, 2007 singles, WANT]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- “What are you doing. Committing felonies?” Ian asked, standing up and tugging on a shirt over his well-built, yet skinny frame. He looked down at the ground, blushing as Mickey chuckled at his question. Mickey stopped and silence fell between them. It wasn’t an awkward silence, but it wasn’t necessarily comfortable. “Remind me, is breaking and entering a felony?” “What. Yes.” Ian stuttered out, tiredly running his hand across his face. He jingled the keys in his hand, not sure of his next move.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Saran, Automobile]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- I was taught "you learn by doing". Everyday, I roll up my sleeves and find new ways to be better, not only at my career, but at my personal and family life as well. My statics professor was always treating the class like it was his own miniature engineering firm. Our work had to be clear and precised, no excuses. Most of us got major point deducted if our details was messy or unclear. We never understood why he would be so unreasonable. Then the real world came into the picture. Most of the time you drawing for yourself and never really looking at from someone elses presective.... [tags: Color, Primary color, Technical drawing, Light]
701 words (2 pages)
- Stress is unavoidable. It comes in many different forms and affects every person differently. Depending on personality and outlook on life, a person’s response to “…stress can be a neutral, negative, or positive experience” (Stöppler). Most people don’t know the proper way to handle stress, so they wish that they could avoid it all together. However, once the proper way to cope with stress is learned, it can be a positive experience in everyone’s life. The first step to handling stress is simply knowing why it is present.... [tags: Rumination, Depression, Coping Process]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- I frantically scramble through all of the mountain high papers that clutter my desk and dresser. “Please please please where are you. Lillie!” I yell, while practically throwing my entire workplace on the floor. “Lillie!” I yell her name just as she appears in the doorway of my room. Her normally bright blues go from irritated to shocked in a nanosecond as she takes in the state of my room, which looks as if the Tasmanian devil has just gone through it. “What the hell are you doing?” She asks, baffled.... [tags: English-language films, Black-and-white films]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- I. Executive Summary This paper explores Japan's global opportunities and the launching of an instant messaging application called WYD, which is an acronym for "What you doing". This application allows users to send each other unlimited text, messaging, images, video, audio media messages and make VoIP calls free. A survey conducted by research group comScore’s MobiLens service found that three out of every four Japanese consumers use their cell phones to browse the Web, access applications or download contents.... [tags: Mobile Messages, Regional Strategy]
2547 words (7.3 pages)
- “What do you think you’re doing. Charlie, you need to sit down, that was our condition. You could come to this meeting as long as you stay seated and things didn’t become too heated,” Dr. Lana said in a firm tone that made Charlie snort. “Sorry, mom,” he rolled his eyes with thick sarcasm in his voice. “What are you doing, Charlie?” Demetria asked. “You shut the fuck up,” Charlie pointed at Demetria with a glare. He waved Scarlett towards him, but she just stared at him. He rolled his eyes and rolled his neck around.... [tags: Debut albums]
1479 words (4.2 pages)