I ended my junior year of high school with a 4.0 GPA and was ranked in the top 20 of my class. My overall GPA for high school averages between a 3.6 and 3.7. This year I tested into a college algebra class at San Juan College, I have 3 honors classes, a study hall, and I am a master tutor for a 10th grade honors english class. With that being said, I’m proud of myself for where I stand academically.
I just recently started working part-time at Subway. I wanted to get a job this year mostly because it will prepare me for the years to come. My mom always tells me that I have t...
... middle of paper ...
...ge my mind tomorrow and suddenly be inspired to become a high school english teacher, but I don’t have a problem with that. If I apply to A&M and get accepted I will probably study law. If I apply to USC and get accepted I might become a physicist, or maybe even an astronomer. I could go to New Mexico State in Las Cruces and be perfectly content being a psychology major. I have seen so many people go to college studying for a major and then right in the middle of their sophomore year they change their minds. I will probably be one of those people. Not so much someone who can’t follow through with what they say, but someone who is okay with change. Someone who is okay with not knowing. Someone who can stand up and say “I will be great in this life”, and make sure that it will happen, regardless of how they got there. I have high hopes and high expectations for myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My goal in life is to become a kindergarten teacher. I have wanted to be a teacher since I started going to school when I was five years old. I was undecided on what grade to teach until I took teacher cadet during my senior year of high school. I decided to student teach a kindergarten class, and I was with them for six weeks. After being with those students for that period of time, I realized that I needed to be with kindergarteners. I love younger children, and I want to be able to make a difference in their lives and build relationships with them.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Educational years]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- What are some of the goals I want to achieve in my life. This is definitely the biggest and scariest question I’ve had to ask myself lately. I just entered my senior year of high school, and if I had a dollar for every person who asked me what college I want to go to once I graduate, or what I want to do for the rest of my life I’d probably have like 50 bucks in my pocket. Now if I had a dollar for every time my answer to those questions was “I don’t really know yet”, I’d be 50 dollars even richer.... [tags: High school, College, Mind, New Mexico]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Experiences As a thirty-one-year-old I feel awkward walking into a classroom full of young adults who just graduated from high school. Sometimes it is difficult for me to have any kind of common interests with my classmates because majority of them are very young. I try to do my best to be friendly and kind to everyone, but sometimes it is easier for me to talk to other veterans who I can relate to. Due to my financial status as a nineteen-year-old I was not able to attend college right after high school.... [tags: Europe, Christopher Columbus, High school]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- Teaching is a profession that takes years to master. Aside from having at least a Bachelor’s Degree in teaching, a student teaching job, and a few other courses; you have to have the passion, the skills, and abilities to understand a student. A lot of things go in to teaching but these are the most important aside from the knowledge itself. SKILLS- In most schools you will work for eight or nine hour days for ten months with two months off for summer. You also may end up working in a school that doesn’t have updated books or the same technology as other places.... [tags: teachers, students, education, learning]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Have you heard the song “Satisfaction”. It was recorded by The Rolling Stones in 1965 and revived by Britney Spears in the year 2000. The song doesn’t say anything about life but the words give you the emotional effect you’re looking for if you are not satisfied with anything you do or have in life. It made me think about my values I hold in life. When I was a teenager, I always wanted to have a good future for myself and for my family. I grew up wanting more money to buy all the things that we needed and wanted to have.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Values]
429 words (1.2 pages)
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass gives a first person perspective on the life of a slave laborer in both the rural south and the city. Frederick Douglass gave himself an education against horrible odds, and was able to read and think forever about the evils of slavery and good reasons for its abolishment. The primary reason for his disgust with slavery was its effect of dehumanizing not only the slaves, but their masters too. His main goal: to abolish slavery. Throughout his autobiography Frederick Douglass talks of the many ways a slave and master would be corrupted by the labor system that was so deeply entrenched in the south as a result of demand for cotton, and other lab... [tags: Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- As I reflect on the memorable moment that inspired me to pursue nursing, it seemed like yesterday when I was sitting in the hospital waiting room in tears, feeling confused and lost. My eldest sibling had been diagnosed with schizophrenia. In the blink of an eye, I felt like I lost a part of him and all of our childhood memories just completely vanished. During that moment a nurse entered the room placed her hand on my shoulder. She spoke comforting words and reassured that my brother was under the best possible care.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Patient, Health care provider]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Stress Management, Life Balance, and Prioritization Strategies Maintaining stress management, life balance, and priorities are three positive strategies that should never go unrecognized. It is through the implementation of each of these strategies that individuals like myself will benefit most and live a more efficient, effective, and valuable lifestyle. After reflecting over the last four weeks of material there have been a variety of methods I would like to enact in my life in order to reach my personal goals and ultimately be successful.... [tags: Management, Personal life, Goal, Plan]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Making a life plan is like a flight plan and being a pilot. The pilot continuously has to correct for certain conditions that has gotten the plane off course. Without a plan the plane and pilot would be taken by the winds and weather never reaching their destination. (Boss, 2014). Having big dreams are a way for people to set life goals for themselves and point them into the right direction. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a doctor. I always knew I was going to be in the medical field. Although my plan is not to become a doctor, my dreams put me in the direction I needed and led me to want to become a Physician’s Assistant.... [tags: Goal, Time, Term, Meaning of life]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- Meaning of Life and Gritz Survey Reflection Rubi Garza Texas A&M International University The Meaning of Life survey strives to pinpoint how much meaning or purpose an individual gives their own life by giving a questionnaire, which concludes the measurements of presence and search by a score range of 5-35. The Gritz survey strives to determine how much interest and persistence an individual has in their long term goals by giving a questionnaire, which concludes the measurement by a score range of 1-5.... [tags: Meaning of life, Life, Goal, Intrinsic value]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Application Of Erp And E Commerce
- The Breakdown Of The Tsarist Society
- Television 's Influence On The Audience
- Becoming A Transfer Student, Women 's Rights Became Extremely
- A Brief Note On The Electronic Health Records
- Analysis Of The General History Of Virginia, Washington Irving, And Frederick Douglass