Pain from nose reshaping procedures are surprisingly mild. A splint is usually worn over the nose and sometimes inside the nose for five to seven days. There may be some bruising around the eyes, but this usually clears up in one to two weeks.
Q- Can I receive a second nose reshaping if the first surgery does not produce the desired result?
Ans- Sometimes a touch-up is necessary after a nose reshaping, but it is generally better to wait a year before any additional surgery is performed. This also allows the maximum time to see the final results of the surgery.
Q- What aesthetic surgical procedures are performed to improve the aging face?
Ans- There are various degrees and stages of facial aging that can be caused by the natural aging process, heredity, and lifestyle choices. Plastic surgeons have undergone training to address all areas of facial rejuvenation. A face lift tightens and lifts the redundant skin in the face and neck. Additional procedures are available to improve the aesthetics of the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin and neck. Minimally invasive endoscopic techniques are also available. Fine wrinkles of the face may be best treated by skin resurfacing techniques, like laser resurfacing, chemical peels or other skin care treatments.
Q- How is a face lift done?
Ans- During a face lift incisions are made in the hair line, temple region extending down in front of the ear and then around the back of the ear into the hairline. These incisions vary depending on the technique used by your plastic surgeon. Many plastic surgeons are well trained in more than one face lift technique. The skin of...
... middle of paper ...
...area of fat they find hard to lose. The fat removed does not weight a lot, so patients should expect a shape change, not a weight change.
Q- Do the results of liposuction last?
Ans- As long as the patient maintains a healthy life-style, including exercise and a sensible diet, liposuction results are long lasting. Once the fat cells have been removed from an area there is no longer a preferential fat storage area and any fat gain will be distributed more evenly over the rest of the body.
Q- What areas of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Ans- Most body areas can be treated with liposuction, though the most common areas in females are the abdomen, hips, and thighs. Men are often treated for liposuction in the breasts, hips, and abdomen. Liposuction is not limited to these areas, though other places may include the upper arms, under the chin and the buttocks.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Aesthetic surgery is a form of plastic surgery that is used to enhance or change your appearance. Many times it helps in curbing depression or self -esteem issues. The most famous types of aesthetic surgery are nose jobs, breast implants and fat reduction. This surgery has become very common nowadays and can help anyone to look good, beautiful and it can be a means of feeling better about yourself. Aesthetic surgery can increase your outer beauty and help you to increase your self -confidence. It has the ability to improve your appearance, develop greater self -esteem and reduce stress related to the body image.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast reconstruction]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Implant Procedures [Implants are used to give a strong foundation to the new teeth/tooth. It requires a long procedure to get fixed. They require same care as of the natural tooth.] Prosthodontics Fixed &Removable Denture [A set of false teeth are called dentures. Dentures are used to replace the missing tooth/teeth. Dentures are chosen when the bridges fail in the task of replacing the missing tooth.] Dentures are of different types. It can be made of acrylic, fibreglass, metal or a combination of any of these materials.... [tags: implants, prosthodontics, bridges, dental crowns]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- In her memoir, Autobiography of a Face, Lucy Grealy tells the story of how the deformities caused by her cancer forced her into a life of isolation, cruel insults, and unhappiness. Grealy clearly demonstrates how a society that excessively emphasizes female beauty can negatively affect a young girl, especially one with a deformity. Most interpret this story as a way for Grealy to express the pain that she endured because she did not measure up to society’s definition of female beauty, a standard that forces girls into unhealthy habits, plastic surgery, and serious depression.... [tags: The Search for Unattainable Beauty]
2500 words (7.1 pages)
- Maintaining adequate levels of cerebral perfusion during cardiac surgical procedures is of utmost importance in achieving positive neurologic outcomes and minimizing length of hospital stay. Because cardiac surgical interventions ranging from major aortic arch reconstruction to coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) each carry their own inherent risk for developing perioperative strokes, transcranial near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) is an interesting technique that may shed light on hypoperfusion events and decrease the overall incidence of stroke (4, 13).... [tags: cerebral perfusion, nirs, oximetry ]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- A cholecystectomy is a common surgical procedure for patients in the hospital as well as a surgical treatment for patients with calculus or acalculus cholecystitis. This surgery usually requires less than 24 hours of hospital stay postoperatively. Nurses’ postoperative care for the patients is frequently anesthetic recovery and analgesic management. Certain factors regarding care and treatment can improve the patient’s health outcomes. Two types of surgeries may be performed for a cholecystectomy with each having their own benefits and disadvantages which can affect the health results of the patient.... [tags: treatment for patients with calculus]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Surgical Procedure Before an appendectomy takes place, there are many steps that the nursing team needs to conduct before the patient is sent to surgery. The first order of business is that the patient or their family member if they are not older than 18 needs to sign an informed consent form. This is the legal document that explains all of the tests and procedures, once they sign it they are agreeing to the procedures and tests listed on the form. This paperwork allows the for the healthcare professionals to explain the medical procedures to be patient because the patient has the “right to understand their medical care in words they know” (Truven Health Analytics Incorporated, 2016).... [tags: Surgery, Anesthesia, Stomach, Human abdomen]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- This past week I was afforded the opportunity to go and observe a typical day on in the Pre-Anesthesia Unit (PAU) of the Jackson Madison County General Hospital. In this observation, I did not have the opportunity to follow a patient into the intraoperative portion of the surgical nursing process . However, I was able to see a couple of anesthetic procedures and talk to a few nurses about their jobs and what they do. There were not many patients to come into the Pre- Anesthesia Unit while I was there so I will just explain the procedures and what the nurses did throughout the day.... [tags: Anesthesia, Surgery, Nursing, Patient]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Transplantation is a surgical procedure that is performed on patients who were born without a uterus or due to cervical cancer. A healthy uterus is implanted into a female where their uterus may not be functioning properly. This transplantation is not common because usually donors are giving their organ to someone so they can save a life whereas in this case, it’s for reproduction. There were several of cases that were performed by doctors so they will be able to see how the procedure works. When they were doing the procedures they did not have a handbook to go by so they were doing everything by information that they are familiar with.... [tags: Pregnancy, Uterus, Surgery, Hysterectomy]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- In addressing the families and co-workers about the 30 workers that are trapped in the Chilean Copper Mine. I feel that it is best to understand that they people are scared and the best form of communication would be face to face. In face-to-face communication you are able to show empathy and comfort in a scary time. When the message, about the workers that are trapped 300 meters underground, is delivered to the family members a worker from the company needs to do these one by one. Bringing these 30 miners families to the site may cause an up roar so it is best to get to these families individual to create less mayhem.... [tags: copper mine, chilean miners, face to face]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- The LASIK Surgical Procedure LASIK is a surgical procedure done on the eyes so that people can see ok better. One would not have to wear contacts or glasses anymore. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, LASIK is a surgical procedure done to reduce the use of glasses and contacts. However doctors say that if one is comfortable wearing their contacts and glasses then they should continue doing so. Why is that. There are many risks and complications with the procedure that one must weigh out before going through with it.... [tags: Research Papers Essays]
372 words (1.1 pages)