To those of you who may have read my first article New Definitions for Words Used and Misused, I want to extend a hearty welcome to the World of Tally’s Observations.
In the process of further clarification of purpose,
I will present the mission of my articles and the introduction of a directory of addresses of subject matter which occupies real estate along the informational highway in Tally’s World to expedite and enhance your reading experience.
The mission of my articles is to present the reader with a collection of varied case studies, surveys and other analytical documents and offer my observations and commentary.
The directory of addresses of subject matter in Tally’s World is as follows.
1)18 Linguistic Way-Home of the directories of case studies of the English Word Usage in the USA.
2)15 Motivational Parkway-Directories of case studies on inspirational words, phrases and thoughts in the USA.
3)32 Home Run Drive-Directories of case studies on how the public feels about sport heroes in the USA.
4)74 House of Events Cir...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Welcome to the world according to Christine Robinson. I am sarcastic, funny, smart, affectionate, and full of attitude. This journey shall be an interesting one as we take a look into how I became me, how I found my way through God and how I learned to forgive and move toward a better me. Let’s get started. On May 11, 1972 the world was introduced to a feisty 8 pound, 91/2-ounce baby girl. The next 42 years Christine has had a life full of love, laughter, anguish, pain, trials, tribulations, family, happiness and the list of adjectives can and will go on.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Love]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
Government's Restriction of Free Will Depicted in Kurt Vonnegut's "2BR02B", "Welcome to the Monkey House", and "Harrison Bergeron"
- Many books, novels, and stories have been written about the U.S. government and the ways that it runs the country. Some of these books are praising, and some are very critical. Kurt Vonnegut is an author that does both simultaneously. Kurt Vonnegut's "2BR02B", "Welcome to the Monkey House", and "Harrison Bergeron" depict Vonnegut's view of the future through the central theme of a supreme government that restricts free will. Each of these stories have great examples of this theme, and he shows his view of the future of the United States through them in all entirety.... [tags: 2BR02B, Welcome to the Monkey House, Harrison Berg]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- For 12 weeks I observed a young pre-schooler Child C aged 31/2 years old, through my account I would give an observer’s view of Child C, three theories peculiar to Child C and my the emotions evoked in me as an observer. My observation assisted in my understanding of the changes in Child C as the week progressed over the 12 weeks. My first few visits at the nursery Child C appeared boisterous and obnoxious. This led me to assume Child C was the class bully, I shared my finding with the class and the views were ambivalent and divided.... [tags: observations, preschoolers,]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Welcome, You’ve Got a Brave New World The task of predicting the future is difficult at best, yet Huxley’s predictions of the future have proven to be eerily accurate in several areas. Many of Huxley’s predictions are being realized today, have already been realized or will be realized in a few short years. These specific predictions, which are closely related to today are our sexual practices, an obsession with youth and beauty, the minimal role of parents and the practice of religion. In Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World people treat sex as a form of entertainment rather than an expression of love between a couple. Most forms of entertainment in Brave... [tags: Brave New World]
2019 words (5.8 pages)
- Welcome To The World of Literary Theory Literary theory. Just the name sounds boring, ancient, and predictable. The concept may make you cringe or even hide behind an education filled with far less intimidating subject matter. As a student you picture some tenured teacher attempting to enlighten you with his or her knowledge of authors who have been long gone or nearly there. You think of endless hours slaving over an anthology of stories you have already read. You do not understand how all of this pertains to your life, your present, or your future.... [tags: Literature Education Essays]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- ... He grabbed a plastic bag from the front register and quickly started piling supplies into his bag. Shockingly, he found everything he needed, except for the antibiotics and the inhaler, in the first aisle. It seemed when the world had went to hell, no one had been overly concerned with cough syrup and acetamenophin…at least not in this town. He was heading towards the back of the pharmacy when a silver and brown wrapper caught his eye. A Hershey bar. He grabbed it up and tossed it into the bag.... [tags: personal narrative]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Observations at the Park A cigarette butt lies next to my foot, still emitting a trace of smoke. Nearby on the dusty asphalt a pigeon waddles self-consciously, bobbing its head as if pecking the air for some invisible food. A squirrel churrs a threat to his brother, challenging him to romp. The walkway before me never becomes silent. A buzz of voices blends with the city soundscape of cars driving and trucks backing, swingsets squealing and sparrows chirping. A toddler, holding tightly to his sister's stroller, yells "Achtung.... [tags: Observation Essay, Descriptive Essay]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- Observations on As You Like It As You Like It will be for many of you a rather difficult play to appreciate and interpret simply on the basis of a reading. The reasons for this are not difficult to ascertain. The play is, as I have observed, a pastoral comedy, that is, a comedy which involves a traditional literary style of moving sophisticated urban courtiers out into the countryside, where they have to deal with life in a very different manner from that of the aristocratic court.... [tags: Shakespeare As You Like It Essays]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Welcome to the Underground While America sleeps safely at night, safe and secure in their world, there is another world taking place, a menacing and wild world. Right beneath their noses, taking place in their super markets, in empty warehouses, abandoned buildings, parks, and at roller skating rinks. Many will never know or hear about this world, for it may be safer not to know. For if one knows, he may be tempted to want to experience this world. Just indulging one night has been known to alter many lives.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Welcome to Life "Dear mother, can you hear me whining. (Green Day)" When something was difficult what did you do, especially when you were a young child. You whined. That was the way you got people to pay attention to you. You hoped that this way they could make life better for you. Complaining to your mother will make everything better. That is the logic that many young children are taught. Life is different as you reach different stages and becomes more difficult each time you reach a new challenge.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1121 words (3.2 pages)